shape
carat
color
clarity

4 - 5 Carat Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you weren''t interested in a vintage piece (see below) and your budget is so large I''d contact Leon at www.artofplatinum.com tell him what you want and he can custom make it for you. His pieces are amazing and you''ll love them. Good luck and what a lucky lady!

http://www.langantiques.com/category/10/5/item/10-1-2428/

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Administrator! The company is called Dover Jewelry and they have a store online and also on Ebay. I''m gonna post the links to some possibilities I saw from them. I don''t know if any fit the bill, but they have a very good reputation and might be worth calling with questions.

Dover Ebay 1Dover Ebay 2Dover.com 1Dover.com site 2Dover.com Site 3Dover.com Site 4Dover.com Site 5Dover.com Site 6

Not all of these are in the price range or even RB. But I just wanted to post because of the selection of 4 plus carats. My thinking was that if any interested him, he could always have the diamond appraised and remounted in some crazy gorgeous Leon Mege.

By the way, johnnyd, I''m totally drooling over what you end up getting. YOU HAVE TO POST THAT!!!
25.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At that size, a round can benefit from extra facets. BAM!

I''d call up Good Old Gold and see if they can get you a Solasfera or something in that size.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 12:43:27 PM
Author: JulieN
At that size, a round can benefit from extra facets. BAM!

I''d call up Good Old Gold and see if they can get you a Solasfera or something in that size.
Yessssssss!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 11:26:16 AM
Author: missydebby
Thanks Administrator! The company is called Dover Jewelry and they have a store online and also on Ebay. I''m gonna post the links to some possibilities I saw from them. I don''t know if any fit the bill, but they have a very good reputation and might be worth calling with questions.

Dover Ebay 1Dover Ebay 2Dover.com 1Dover.com site 2Dover.com Site 3Dover.com Site 4Dover.com Site 5Dover.com Site 6

Not all of these are in the price range or even RB. But I just wanted to post because of the selection of 4 plus carats. My thinking was that if any interested him, he could always have the diamond appraised and remounted in some crazy gorgeous Leon Mege.

By the way, johnnyd, I''m totally drooling over what you end up getting. YOU HAVE TO POST THAT!!!
25.gif
no need for an appraisel ...these AREN''T what they claim.
20.gif
no GIA report?
14.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i was interested in buying from them and they were very uncooperative in their responses............didnt want to commit to carat weight or any specs....avoid them i say. it could be a lot of time and hassle

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
good to know

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 9:38:15 PM
Author: bgray
i was interested in buying from them and they were very uncooperative in their responses............didnt want to commit to carat weight or any specs....avoid them i say. it could be a lot of time and hassle

Bgray - are you referring to Dover or Diamond Reserve?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 9:56:39 PM
Author: jgny

I''m wondering that myself. I''m interested in a 5ct stone they have listed and they have yet to return my emails asking even the dimensions.

JasonA

Rough_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2010 9:37:07 AM
Author: caolsen
http://www.fiskinandfiskin.com/products.cfm?id=714&the_start=10&records_to_display=9&subcatid=5&wishid=1

Not to rain on the RB pararde, but this ring is a STUNNER. I have seen it in person and it would look amazing. Plus stand out a bit from the RB crowd. A women who can wear a 4-5 carat stone can wear any shape.
Thats a gorgeous stone caolsen ( I would grab it myself
30.gif
) but the OP wants a round and this one is also out of his budget regrettably which is 80 - 110k, the EC is 156k.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. There were links to all sorts of shapes on pge 2. Somehow I thought that the shape wasn''t locked to a RB.

Yes, the price is over 100K but in today''s diamond world, so many vendors are willing to ''work'' on prices now.

JohnnyDanger: With the help here on PS you will find a total winner for sure.

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Maybe I am stating the obvious, but I think you should go to some of the vendors in person.

Personally, if I had that much money to spend on a diamond, I would find out who I should hire (jeweler/appraiser) to fly with me to JA, BGD or wherever, to inspect the diamonds in person before committing to anything.

jonnydanger

Rough_Rock
can anyone provide some insight on dover? those diamonds are nice

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2010 9:36:30 PM
Author: jonnydanger
no GIA reports.
38.gif
how fast can you run?
scram.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2010 10:19:59 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 4/16/2010 9:36:30 PM
Author: jonnydanger
no GIA reports.
38.gif
how fast can you run?
scram.gif
I would not spend that amount of money on a diamond with no reliable lab report....

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Johnny, I felt bad about the Dover suggestions without GIA report.... but in wasting time internet gazing, I found an Estate site that does provide GIA reports: Lang Antiques: rings with GIA reports

Does anyone have experience with Lang?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 1:43:05 PM
Author: Lone_Wolfe
Date: 4/12/2010 9:56:39 PM

Author: jgny

I''m wondering that myself. I''m interested in a 5ct stone they have listed and they have yet to return my emails asking even the dimensions.

DOVER

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results