shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 4.3 OEC

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited to show you my new ering. The stone was purchased on the 28th anniversary of our engagement (which was just by chance, not design, so it must have been meant to be). I saw the stone at Intergem in February, and when the show came back a few weeks ago, I contacted the seller and he still had the stone. It is SI2 (eye clean to me, but not in close up photos), was sold as an I/J, but has been appraised as an M, which was a little disappointing. However, to my eye, it is plenty white and since I love it, it is just a letter on a piece of paper. It has medium fluor, and I have ordered a UV light so I can enjoy it - I love fluor! :appl: :love:

Here is the thread when I first posted about wanting an upgrade. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-you-trade-in-or-buy-new.182399/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-you-trade-in-or-buy-new.182399/[/URL] I think my husband finally got tired of hearing about it and figured he should get it over with. So now he is joking that before I was wearing his corvette, and now I am wearing his garage. But he does say I work hard and I deserve it. He is glad I am happy.

I set the new OEC in my original (what's left of it - which is very little since it has had the bottom half of the shank replaced) ering solitaire until I decide what to do with it. I'm mulling settings or possibly leaving it in the solitaire so I can buy lots of bands to change around :Up_to_something:

_6662.jpg

_163.png

ring11.jpg

sun1.png

BeachGirlG

Shiny_Rock
Holy Bling-tastic!!! That is beautiful! :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
WOAHHH! Nice! :love: :love: :love: And congrats on your 28th!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Wowoowowowowowowoowowowow!!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a rock! Congrats and enjoy!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FANTABULOUS!!! Blingymo - its GORGEOUS!! Hmmm.... I'd leave it as is so I could blow WADS more cash and get a huge variety of bands!!!

Just a stunning diamond!! Enjoy that beauty! :love: :appl: :love:

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
OH My goodness gracious!! That is absolute heaven. What a lucky ducky you are are!! More pics please. This is not enough!

:appl: :appl:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
It's stunning! Is it very bad that I now have something to aspire to? Maybe for my 30th? You are a lucky woman, and who needs a garage anyway, especially if he doesn't have the Corvette to park in it? Diamonds take up much less space!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooooooh gorgeous! We need tons more pictures!!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Wow wow wow!!! :love: Congrats on the beautiful rock AND your anniversary!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love: :love: :love:

:appl:

Congrats Blingy!!! It's beautiful!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Blingy-What a diamond!!!! Holy smokes it's huge :lickout: I love the idea of keeping it in the solitaire and buying many, many bands!
Then you would have to do a SMTB thread over and over and we would get loads of eye candy :naughty:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY, what a gorgeous diamond :lickout:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, huge and beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love: (Just curious, did you get them to adjust the price since the color turned out to be much lower than they estimated?)

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Fluorescence is very cool. Enjoy!

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I have to say, I am just basking in all your praise - especially since it is not something I will purposefully bring attention to with my everyday crowd. Day to day, it's just for ME to enjoy, but I do love me some PS adoration :oops:

Enerchi and Woofmama - I am leaning the direction of many bands. The cost is less than a total reset (which I was SHOCKED at how much it cost to swap out the head on my ring!!) and then down the road, who knows. :Up_to_something:

I had just told DH that we should set a 2 year "deadline." That would bring us to the 30th engagement anniversary and my 50th birthday. But oops, it just kind of fell in my lap! :saint:

Diamondseeker, no I have not gone back about a price adjustment. I got it on a Saturday with only a 2 day return period (best I could get out of the seller - I am not a negotiator for sure). I took it to an appraiser near the Intergem show that had Saturday hours and good feedback on yelp. He said K/L leaning to K. I was OK with that and emailed the seller that I would be keeping it. When I got the formal paperwork done for insurance, the appraiser near home gave it an M. The jeweler at that store also put it at M (without being told prior what the appraiser said). I was bothered at first, not based on the stone, because I love it and planned to keep it, but based on "did I get what I paid for." DH said it's fine, let it go. I'm not sure I would have a leg to stand on based on the appraiser who looked at it during the return period. It boils down to having the time to get it checked and agreeing to the price based on that.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and wow, what finger coverage. :love: :love: :love:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Oops. Forgot more pics - if I must! :naughty:

My regret is that I didn't have this when my hands weren't so wrinkly - but I guess I earned the diamond with every wrinkle!

_6668.jpg

sunturquoise.jpg

ring12.png

_6669.jpg

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I decided to leave the girdle as is for now. The appraiser and goldsmith said they are not chips - just a natural girdle. My husband likes that it is authentic and I can't see the "jagged" edge, so for now it stays au natural.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Oh my!! Your stone is just so beautiful! :love: From the pictures it looks so bright. Congratulations! Enjoy your incredible jewel! Sounds like you have a very sweet husband. Lucky lady!! :appl:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ziggy. My friends at work call my husband "Dreamboat." He is way more than sweet - and very indulgent! I am luckier to have him and my kids than anything. And on this Memorial Day, I have to say that he is a former Marine Corps pilot, and my son is about to go to flight school for the Air Force. My family is my real jewel :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rock, rocks!!!! It looks huge and wonderful on you!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and so huge!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
I love it!!! Congratulations and happy anniversary! These old cuts are just so beautiful and amazing and full of personality!!! Wear in much health and happiness!!! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shazam!!!! Goodness... that is simply fantastic!!!! I loved the analogy your husband used about it being his garage...and I tried it on miy husband.. I have more selling to do!!!! :naughty:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Happy Anniversary!! That's quite an amazing gift and I'm sure you deserve every point of it...all 4.3 off them!! :love:

It's a gorgeous ring and couldn't belong to a nicer person! Congrats!!

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Aww, thanks Yennyfire! I would never have fallen in love with old cuts without all the beautiful rings and super knowledgeable and helpful people on PS. I'm so glad I found this forum about a year ago. It is SERIOUSLY addicting though!

Mayk - Keep working on your husband. I've been working on an upgrade for a loooonnnngggg time. :naughty: I've always had a large and beautiful diamond, and this is just a dream come true.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a gorgeous sparkler! Congrats!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Love that stone! It is simply gorgeous. Your husband sounds like a real character and very generous to give up his Corvette...and garage!

Enjoy your ring. Congrats on 28 years...What are the specs?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely stunning, Blingy!! Congrats on the honker and your anniversary!

I agree with others who said to leave it in the solitaire. It lets that baby shine and then you can invest in some awesome bands to wear with it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results