shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.00 tcw Edwardian moi et toi

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was beyond thrilled when I found a twin for my engagement ring stone. The search to find a matching stone took near half a decade and I was thrilled to set them into studs. However, after about a year of wearing them they didn’t feel right for me. There were a few reasons for this; first, I couldn’t see them! I found myself wishing I could see the lovely unique diamonds more. Secondly, wearing something of such high value in my ears made me a bit neurotic. Every few minutes I’d check “are they still there. Did I drop one?! Let’s just make them tighter to be safe”. I worried I’d lose it and not notice for a few hours- effectively losing one forever.
This was unfounded as they were very safe in my ears always. But I didn’t say it was rational. Thirdly, with the advent of lab diamonds- I almost felt like they didn’t “look” real. I felt they gave the impression of lab grown diamonds- and for me that just didn’t sit well. Fourth- I found I was too often making a choice between earrings that were more my style and my studs. I ended up wearing the studs because the diamonds were important to me- but missing the unique nature of my other earrings. Lastly, you know I am a ring woman at heart!

Like a familiar story, I was surfing on eBay one night and found a beautiful antique ring mount. The listing said the setting would hold 6.3mm diamonds. From eyeing the setting, however- I was skeptical. As it had returns, I purchased it JUST TO SEE. “Maybe it’s not very pretty in real life “, I thought. “I’ll just send her back, I’m sure !” “Maybe I’ll find something to do with it eventually… “
It was not a huge bargain, but cheaper than making one myself.
When it came I just knew there was no way a 6.3mm stone ever fit in this setting. I sent it off to DK to see if it would fit my stones- with the plan of returning it if it would not fit my diamonds. There was no way that this ring would fit my diamonds. It required such a specific size, and my diamonds were not equal in diameter- I told myself.
Of course when DK investigated he informed me they would fit perfectly, so I pulled the trigger. Some slight sizing and a new prong was needed.
This all took about a month- but I sent my setting and studs separately (no reason to send my girls if they wouldn’t fit the setting) and that USPS shipment took 15 days.
I love how it turned out. While 2 stones are very popular now, I think this particular setting is a timeless take on this fad. It’s added to my growing collection of 2 stone antique rings. And I have a particularly special kind of love for a setting I found after the diamonds magically fitting.
The stones are 1.59 and 1.81 (the setting does an amazing job of hiding the slight size difference) and the rest of the ctw is made up in the platinum setting. Sized to 7.75 so I can wear it with bands. Thanks for looking !

8EE6097E-4489-4F1D-9B95-72AB4EA8F48C.jpeg 1EC6ECAB-8290-4419-B9B7-C5E37996808E.jpeg A3F0A383-CCE2-4028-A477-A0F311DA757C.jpeg E693DD6D-4967-4FD4-AB03-F6217066F371.jpeg BFDEBFA4-0119-439C-86E0-7FC7597A38D5.jpeg 94A61023-1C5F-4FCA-A912-82D4E87483F0.jpeg 2F2F2618-C88F-42FA-BAA9-B31880CE6492.jpeg 4C89F4A4-83BA-4D2C-9EBC-86F3EF4DFA62.jpeg IMG_4814.jpeg 85A9C61F-8EE3-46C0-8CC5-36FA3EFF09EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Simply put... FABULOUS!

Wear her (them? the twins!) with much joy!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad it worked out! Meant to be! Your patience paid off and it turned out gorgeous!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! That is stunning. And what an insanely perfect match. I cannot believe you matched the stone. And that you found the setting. Talk about meant to be!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is soooooooooo pretty and your stones look perfect in it. Those facets are beyond beautiful and I, personally, would want to see them on the hand!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stunning! And I totally get your reasoning for wanting to ogle the stones on your hand versus your ears!! Who wouldn’t want to stare at them daily??!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Another stunning result! The girls deserve to be where you can see them:lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable! He did a fabulous job with the setting. Made the two look like a true matched pair. So glad you found a way to wear them that makes you comfortable and allows you to see them all the time. Well done and enjoy!!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful @Niel ! Great that you get to see them, and loving the look paired with a chunky gold band (is that 22k gold btw? Looks so deliciously yellow!)

And as always, love reading your eBay adventures! I think we can publish a compendium of Niel’s adventures through eBay :geek2:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing, and such a perfect compliment to your solitaire. Can we see pictures of them together?

I call this kind of setting a "boob ring" with MUCH much affection. It is just so over the top -- not one large diamond thank-you-very-much, but two! I saved this on my ebay watchlist just to gaze at on occasion. It sold. So now I can visit your thread!

1707771729278.png

I adore this style and would love to have my own some day. Well done!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful @Niel ! Great that you get to see them, and loving the look paired with a chunky gold band (is that 22k gold btw? Looks so deliciously yellow!)

And as always, love reading your eBay adventures! I think we can publish a compendium of Niel’s adventures through eBay :geek2:

Yes it is 22k. That’s my favorite band to wear it with.

Here are a few others I tried to photograph
IMG_4881.jpeg IMG_4828.jpeg IMG_4826.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They are just so yummy! I completely understand why you’d want to see those babies every day! I actually wondered this way back when you put them in your ears.
I love this and it looks amazing on!! Great project as always!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
This is jawdropping. Past fabulous, ever new territory with Niel.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As always, beautifully executed & the perfect setting. Diamonds aside, the details are stunning & so intricate. You just can’t replicate that very well these days & DK did a fabulous job getting the diamonds so seamlessly into it. Looks like they’ve always been there :kiss2:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Incredible work from DK for ensuring a perfect fit for a perfect setting. Your ring and those diamonds are stunning at every angle!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beyond gorgeous! I completely understand your reasoning for rehoming...I would feel the same way. Cant believe you found
a setting that would work and is truly beautiful!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I wish there were a drool emoji, because wow. Perfect home for your diamonds! Also love it paired with the 22k gold band, is that 4mm?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous setting and very serendipitous that your stones fit!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chunkalicious yummy times two! Wear in good health and blingy joy @Niel

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning. I love the sleuthing and the putting together of a piece of jewelry this way—so satisfying!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results