shape
carat
color
clarity

32 inch DBTY

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
After I saw your long , Missy, I immideately decided to extend my 16inch DBTY to the 32-36 inch version. I joined the necklace with another 16 inch chain and turn the diamonds in front, oh I love love how they dangle in this length. From the look I like 20 pointers better than 0.12, the 0.31 is divine, but I made myself stop dreaming at 0.20. Realistically (budgetwise) if I do the extention, then I would go with 0.15. So I second DS sugesstion that for this length I wouldnt go below 0.15. I am looking forward to see what you get, HOT!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1353990219|3316230 said:
Congrats, HOT!!! :appl: I wanted to mention that my sister also has a long DBY from IDJ, but hers has smaller diamonds. I honestly like Missy's better. I really wouldn't do a long one with diamonds much smaller..maybe 12 points if not 15.

Missy! I missed the additional pictures of your beautiful pendant! :love: I love blue, too, and that is just a really special pendant!

Thanks DS! :)) and thank you for your input on stone size. Ideally I would like to go to 20 points each but that will probably be way over what I can afford right now. It's good to hear that I shouldn't go below 15 points, I had been thinking the same thing and this just confirms it. Perhaps I should save for a couple of months to get what I really want! Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it. :))

Efriede, thank you as well! It's so good to hear people's perspectives especially when they have first hand experience. So glad you are loving the longer length! Ill aim for 15 points, if not 20. Yes 30 points would be exquisite wouldn't it? ;))

Missy, thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it. :))

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1354004861|3316297 said:
Congrats, HOT!!! :appl: I wanted to mention that my sister also has a long DBY from IDJ, but hers has smaller diamonds. I honestly like Missy's better. I really wouldn't do a long one with diamonds much smaller..maybe 12 points if not 15.

Missy! I missed the additional pictures of your beautiful pendant! :love: I love blue, too, and that is just a really special pendant!

Thanks DS! :)) and thank you for your input on stone size. Ideally I would like to go to 20 points each but that will probably be way over what I can afford right now. It's good to hear that I shouldn't go below 15 points, I had been thinking the same thing and this just confirms it. Perhaps I should save for a couple of months to get what I really want! Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it. :))

Efriede, thank you as well! It's so good to hear people's perspectives especially when they have first hand experience. So glad you are loving the longer length! Ill aim for 15 points, if not 20. Yes 30 points would be exquisite wouldn't it? ;))

Sorry for threadjacking again, Missy.

I just wanted to add, that perhaps you could order a bracelet first, for example 5x0.15 or even dreamy 0.20. Enjoy it and then when you save enough, order the extention chain with diamonds to turn into necklace. I think any skilled juweler can attach two parts and make it one. Like this you get to enjoy PS gift rathen sooner than later.. :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Efriede|1354000604|3316286 said:
After I saw your long , Missy, I immideately decided to extend my 16inch DBTY to the 32-36 inch version. I joined the necklace with another 16 inch chain and turn the diamonds in front, oh I love love how they dangle in this length. From the look I like 20 pointers better than 0.12, the 0.31 is divine, but I made myself stop dreaming at 0.20. Realistically (budgetwise) if I do the extention, then I would go with 0.15. So I second DS sugesstion that for this length I wouldnt go below 0.15. I am looking forward to see what you get, HOT!

Ooh Efriede, did you post pics of your extended DBTY? Sounds divine!! :love:

Sorry for threadjacking again, Missy.

I just wanted to add, that perhaps you could order a bracelet first, for example 5x0.15 or even dreamy 0.20. Enjoy it and then when you save enough, order the extention chain with diamonds to turn into necklace. I think any skilled juweler can attach two parts and make it one. Like this you get to enjoy PS gift rathen sooner than later.. :naughty:

That's a super idea Efriede! I think she is onto something HOT!! :bigsmile:
(Feel free to threadjack away btw- I love when PSers get together to come up with great ideas!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1354004861|3316297 said:

Thank you so much DiamondSeeker. It was for a special birthday from my dh and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

As an aside- does anyone watch Real Housewives of NY? Ramona has a huge dbty. I wonder how large her diamond are? I would have to guess at least 1/2 pointers but just a guess ofc. It does change the entire look doesn't it? Still gorgeous though and I wouldn't mind having 2 different size DBTY's in my jewelry wardrobe lol. :cheeky: Though a gemstone DBTY might be a divine second DBTY necklace to have instead... :naughty:

HOT- I am so excited to see what you decide to get! Luann does sometimes take a few days to get back to people and this time of year she will be absolutely swamped. Calling always gets faster results from id Jewelry in my experience but I know you are very long distance-I wonder if they have a toll free number. Good luck with your decisions HOT!!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Missy, I meant that after I saw your necklace I wondered how the stones would dangled in the longer chain IRL on my body. So I just attached another plain chain to my DBTY and turn in in a way that the diamonds dangle in front below my chest. It was very easy to imagine how the necklace would look in this length. I did love the look sooo much, that now I have started saving for the extention with diamonds. One day.. :naughty: I will try to make it with 0.20s, maybe alteady next summer for my birthday. For now I will be living through other PS ers projects and admire their new pretties.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and I love love love the look of 0.30s in DBTY, so another option I am considering is to adding each year just one or two diamonds in larger sizes, like aniversary charms..takes longer, but in the end it could be THE Necklace, or it could be too much. I actually wanted to ask what the PSers do out of these two options..what do you think?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Efriede: Wait and do it all at once. Once you add up all the additional shipping charges for them to make and send each piece and then pay to have it added on, possibly, it will cost far more than doing it all at one time. (Or you'd be paying shipping and insurance to send your necklace to IDJ to have the new pieces added.)

Oh, and I think .20s would be fabulous!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late to this thread, but I just wanted to say your necklace is stunning! enjoy your new sparkly! :love:

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1354027096|3316407 said:
Efriede: Wait and do it all at once. Once you add up all the additional shipping charges for them to make and send each piece and then pay to have it added on, possibly, it will cost far more than doing it all at one time. (Or you'd be paying shipping and insurance to send your necklace to IDJ to have the new pieces added.)

Oh, and I think .20s would be fabulous!

Thank you, DS! VERY good point. I also think that is better to wait and do it all in once.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That DBTY necklace is the perfect length and perfect for everyday wear. I love how versatile it is. I have a DBTY style necklace with rose cut white topaz, but it's 38". It's a touch too long.

I have a new something to add to my wish list. Hope I'm on the nice list this year :devil:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is fantastic!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I see Efriede lol. I really must read posts more carefully!
I think 20 pointers would be gorgeous! But then again, so would 30 pointers! :cheeky: They all have their appeal for different reasons. :love:

Thank you Mrs W- I am glad you came by!

Thank you lorrissey- I hope you get everything on your wish list this holiday and remember- make sure to post plenty of pics!! :cheeky: :appl:

Thank you Skippy!! :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So now you have me craving a DBTY with 30 pointers! Would be amazing!

I'm loving my 15 pointer though. Hope you get one, HOT!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results