shape
carat
color
clarity

31mm or 36mm date just

lioness88

Rough_Rock
Such a hard one.

I say Fluted bezel with diamond markers! Diamond bezel is a lot during the day if you have a more casual lifestyle. If you have bolder/blingier style though go for it!

36 mm looks more casual in my opinion :) . Can’t go wrong with either though!

I had a 31 mm originally and it just looked too small for me. (5’7” tho, mid 30s, slim with very long hands/fingers).

I did also have a 34 mm date and LOVED it. Don’t think i could go smaller than 34!

This might be an odd opinion but I sometimes am out at the gym, nail salon, parties, wherever - and see watches on different ladies, and it strikes me that I really like the little 26 mm and 28 mm ones that hang loose on the wrist better than the 31 mm sometimes. I don’t know that that is helpful at all, ‍*face palm* , except, perhaps try the smaller ones too just to be sure??

Let us know what you get please!

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 5.25 wrist and I wear a 31. If I had a 6 inch wrist I would probably wear a 36. If legibility is a priority I would go bigger if possible. But you should factor in weight of watch and decide if you can tolerate the weight of a 36. Everyone has different tolerances, priorities and requirements. What are yours?

For reference the two 31 DJ are mine. The YM is not. I absolutely love a YM but it would be just too heavy for me. And if something is not comfortable I won’t wear it.

Attachments

• DD07D4B4-3E9E-4AD6-A6BC-95BFCFF368C0.jpeg
    DD07D4B4-3E9E-4AD6-A6BC-95BFCFF368C0.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 53
  • C02C369C-F6B8-43D2-9EE3-E13FACA8E9F8.jpeg
    C02C369C-F6B8-43D2-9EE3-E13FACA8E9F8.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 95FFEBBC-23A9-49EA-B30F-6B9C5759A619.jpeg
    95FFEBBC-23A9-49EA-B30F-6B9C5759A619.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

lioness88

Rough_Rock
I have a 5.25 wrist and I wear a 31. If I had a 6 inch wrist I would probably wear a 36. If legibility is a priority I would go bigger if possible. But you should factor in weight of watch and decide if you can tolerate the weight of a 36. Everyone has different tolerances, priorities and requirements. What are yours?

For reference the two 31 DJ are mine. The YM is not. I absolutely love a YM but it would be just too heavy for me. And if something is not comfortable I won’t wear it.

What color dial is the dial on the dark color 31 mm? Gorgeous!!! Is it two tone YG and steel? I think my wrist is the same size as yours. Those watches look amazing on you.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE the Datejusts on you!! 31 is a perfect size on your wrist. :appl:

southernlights

Rough_Rock
I do think watches are trending smaller, so I personally would go with a 31 as it will stand the test of time and trends being a mid-size woman's watch. I'd say fluted is better if you are mostly casual, but I agree that the diamond bezels are beautiful!

Thank you for your opinion- I keep thinking that the watch sizes are bound to go smaller in the future, but then the large ones keep popping up everywhere and seem to be super popular still too. So hard to choose! Thank you!

southernlights

Rough_Rock
Such a hard one.

I say Fluted bezel with diamond markers! Diamond bezel is a lot during the day if you have a more casual lifestyle. If you have bolder/blingier style though go for it!

36 mm looks more casual in my opinion :) . Can’t go wrong with either though!

I had a 31 mm originally and it just looked too small for me. (5’7” tho, mid 30s, slim with very long hands/fingers).

I did also have a 34 mm date and LOVED it. Don’t think i could go smaller than 34!

This might be an odd opinion but I sometimes am out at the gym, nail salon, parties, wherever - and see watches on different ladies, and it strikes me that I really like the little 26 mm and 28 mm ones that hang loose on the wrist better than the 31 mm sometimes. I don’t know that that is helpful at all, ‍*face palm* , except, perhaps try the smaller ones too just to be sure??

Let us know what you get please!

Thank you for commenting! It may be a a long wait- but I’m definitely going for a diamond dial face (probably MOP or silver in 31 or MOP in 36). I like my watches snug so I know I won’t do the dangling smaller watch, but I agree that is a super classy look on some women. I’m 5’6, size12/14 so I think I can carry off the 36 from a distance. But up close on my wrist it can look so big (somehow I got relatively petite wrists compared to the rest of me). I like the more casual look of a 36, but I don’t want to look like Mr.T where all people see is my blingy giant watch! Thank you for trying to help- I’ll keep you posted when this purchase finally happens

southernlights

Rough_Rock

Thank you for sharing the pics- those 31s looks amazing on you! I wish I had that size wrist where the choice would be obvious and perfect- but I feel like Goldilocks where one is too small and one is too big and a 34 mm would be just right if only it existed in a tt date just! The weight doesn’t bother me as much as the look. Looking straight down on a 36 looks huge, but in a full length mirror looks normal. But the 31 looks itty bitty in a full length mirror, normal looking straight down. Your sizing looks perfect!

lioness88

Rough_Rock
Thank you for commenting! It may be a a long wait- but I’m definitely going for a diamond dial face (probably MOP or silver in 31 or MOP in 36). I like my watches snug so I know I won’t do the dangling smaller watch, but I agree that is a super classy look on some women. I’m 5’6, size12/14 so I think I can carry off the 36 from a distance. But up close on my wrist it can look so big (somehow I got relatively petite wrists compared to the rest of me). I like the more casual look of a 36, but I don’t want to look like Mr.T where all people see is my blingy giant watch! Thank you for trying to help- I’ll keep you posted when this purchase finally happens

Please do!! Two tone with the jubilee bracelet? I know what you mean RE 36 mm looking big especially in close up pics. I’m sure either size will be gorg. Can’t wait to see.

southernlights

Rough_Rock
Please do!! Two tone with the jubilee bracelet? I know what you mean RE 36 mm looking big especially in close up pics. I’m sure either size will be gorg. Can’t wait to see.
Yes definitely doing the yg/steel tt jubilee bracelet. That was an easy decision- now the hard part is kicking in (as well as the potentially long wait for retailers to get some inventory)!

Maevemarie

Rough_Rock
Hello, I measured my wrist myself and believe it’s approximately 6.25” I have a 36 mm Oyster Perpetual and I like the size, although the face is big. Figured I’d share to help you get an idea

Attachments

• 5C4CF2CE-3B65-4BC6-9E0A-16CB3135BF23.jpeg
    5C4CF2CE-3B65-4BC6-9E0A-16CB3135BF23.jpeg
    345.9 KB · Views: 59

southernlights

Rough_Rock
Hello, I measured my wrist myself and believe it’s approximately 6.25” I have a 36 mm Oyster Perpetual and I like the size, although the face is big. Figured I’d share to help you get an idea

Thank you for doing that- it’s very helpful! Your watch looks great on you, love the color of the face!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes!! What a beautiful color dial. Very rare I think.:wavey:

arabellan

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
Sorry it’s been a while..
I have been patiently waiting for a date just to come available and just when I thought there was no hope…
My Husband surprised me with my DREAM watch for Christmas!!
Day Date 36 ever rose with the brown ombré diamond dial.
It’s safe to say I’m in LOVE! 07BD1891-F88E-46BF-B17F-E70ABFDBB817.jpeg

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
I have been patiently waiting for a date just to come available and just when I thought there was no hope…

Ahhh!!!!! Dream watch indeed!!! This is incredible and huge props to your husband—we need lots more pics please, including wrist shots!!

So amazing. Congrats!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:S T U N N I N G!!!!:love:

arabellan

Rough_Rock
Ahhh!!!!! Dream watch indeed!!! This is incredible and huge props to your husband—we need lots more pics please, including wrist shots!!

So amazing. Congrats!!!

Going to take some more pics on good light to Tomorrow! Attached a pic by the tree!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beyond!! I have the same RG watch with a MOP dial and diamond markers like you. The chocolate dial is amazing!
I LOVE the baguettes at 6 and 9.
So special!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Congratulations!! It’s stunning!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Gorgeous!!

arabellan

Rough_Rock
Got the first scratch on my new baby :cry2: I know it’s going to happen but the first one is always the hardest! My husband suggested using a cape cod polishing cloth but I think it would make it worse! I don’t know how it happen just saw it when I was putting it away! DC440FBD-D720-4917-9969-984F66ED8912.jpeg

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@arabellan it happens, and the first scratch is the hardest - just like you said! I love your watch, wear it in good health and happiness!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! As @finerthings just wrote and Rod Stewart sang.. "The First Cut is the Deepest."
A new Rolex is like a new car.. that first ding REALLY hurts and then thankfully you forget about it after a while.
I have used a polishing cloth on scratches on the side like where your scratch is but DON'T use it anywhere on the fluted bezel as it takes away the "sharpness" of it.
No worries.. the horror will dissipate soon and you won't think of it again.:wavey:

arabellan

Rough_Rock
thank you both you have made me feel a lot better! Can I ask which polishing cloth you used and if you would recommend it? Honestly the scratch looks worse in the photo than in real life but I really didn’t want to scratch the casing :(2

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again!
I used this Blitz polishing cloth which is not abrasive. Even so be sure to keep it away from the fluted bezel. Just rub it gently along the side just where the scratch is.
I have heard of the Cap Cod cloth but have never seen it in person. People on the Rolex Forum talk about it. Just browsing through it seems like most say to not use it.
You can search the forum and see what they say.
Good luck!! Don't worry.. the scratch will get smaller and smaller every day because you will forget about it.:) 772289CC-F7F5-488D-8AA4-0CB1B0F22BA1.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results