shape
carat
color
clarity

3 watches to pick from

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan - when you have an opportunity, please do post wrist shots, as I would like to see how your watch looks on you & I am sure others will chime in with opinions as well! If the watch is designed with a larger concept in mind, then I am sure it looks great.

Monnie - I am going to try my best to get updated pictures posted. They are sitting on my bf''s camera right now, which he left at his parent''s house (silly boy). I really want to see your watch collection though, please post your pictures, I promise not to laugh!! Seriously though, I am sure your watches are beautiful.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/23/2007 11:20:23 AM
Author: omieluv
Diamondfan - when you have an opportunity, please do post wrist shots, as I would like to see how your watch looks on you & I am sure others will chime in with opinions as well! If the watch is designed with a larger concept in mind, then I am sure it looks great.

Monnie - I am going to try my best to get updated pictures posted. They are sitting on my bf''s camera right now, which he left at his parent''s house (silly boy). I really want to see your watch collection though, please post your pictures, I promise not to laugh!! Seriously though, I am sure your watches are beautiful.
LOL, it''s not that my watches are spectacular or beautiful to anyone but myself, I just wanted to share them with you so you could see what what big-watch-face-size-whore I am, ha! They''re not designer, and you might not think they''re even pretty...I got at least two of them for under $20! One''s a Diesel with the big leather wraparound strap that was so popular about two years ago, and one is a Michele lookalike with a lot of faux bling and a faux purple croc band, and the last is just a huge rectangular thing with big numbers with a white face and a black "pleather" band. They all have huge faces, though, that take up most or all of my wrist real estate, so I was just wanting to show you that larger faced watches look good on a late-twenty-something to early-thirty-something (or any other age for that matter) gal, lol! i''ll do my best to take pics this weekend and post them for ya.

I really love your Bedat, it''s a great watch with fab styling, you certainly are a fashionista in the making...in fact I think with the purchase of this watch you''ve moved up a notch to jr. fashionista, ha! Seriously, though, you''re doing just fine on your own. But anytime you need a personal shopper let me know, I''ll join you for a super fun Chicago makeover in a heartbeat. I LOVE helping people put together fabulous outfits for work/play/whatever, and I''m not afraid to tell you your butt looks big, ROFL!!! (You look really skinny in your pics, though...don''t think i''ll have to tell you that!) Take care...hope the weather hasn''t blown you to pieces.
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/22/2007 5:54:26 PM
Author: diamondfan
I can, I just have it at home and I am at the beach still. I have really been debating getting the size smaller, but my jeweler highly discourages me, because he thinks the bigger size is better. My watch is not the mother of pearl
I really wish you would post photos of your Chopard. I think they look like very fun and sporty watches. I just love the one with fish shaped diamonds. If only it could be bought in a water sport version. WR to 200 or 300 meters and I''d be buying it.

omieluv -- So glad that you like your new Bedat. Like I said I think it could look really funky and artsy with the right clothes! More photos would be great. Tell your BF to stop laughing at you....we really are wanting more photos.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 2:36:07 AM
Author: monarch64
LOL, it''s not that my watches are spectacular or beautiful to anyone but myself, I just wanted to share them with you so you could see what what big-watch-face-size-whore I am, ha! They''re not designer, and you might not think they''re even pretty...I got at least two of them for under $20! One''s a Diesel with the big leather wraparound strap that was so popular about two years ago, and one is a Michele lookalike with a lot of faux bling and a faux purple croc band, and the last is just a huge rectangular thing with big numbers with a white face and a black ''pleather'' band. They all have huge faces, though, that take up most or all of my wrist real estate, so I was just wanting to show you that larger faced watches look good on a late-twenty-something to early-thirty-something (or any other age for that matter) gal, lol! i''ll do my best to take pics this weekend and post them for ya.

I really love your Bedat, it''s a great watch with fab styling, you certainly are a fashionista in the making...in fact I think with the purchase of this watch you''ve moved up a notch to jr. fashionista, ha! Seriously, though, you''re doing just fine on your own. But anytime you need a personal shopper let me know, I''ll join you for a super fun Chicago makeover in a heartbeat. I LOVE helping people put together fabulous outfits for work/play/whatever, and I''m not afraid to tell you your butt looks big, ROFL!!! (You look really skinny in your pics, though...don''t think i''ll have to tell you that!) Take care...hope the weather hasn''t blown you to pieces.
35.gif
Monnie, I survived all of the storms and was fortunate enough not to lose power, how about you?

Your watch collection sounds fun and I would love for you to post pictures of them. I think it is cool when people have fun with fashion by not always purchasing expensive items. As far as me being a fashionista, not sure if I am quite at the "Jr." level, so I may need to take you up on your offer to go shopping! As for my pictures, not really so skinny, actually I have put weight on this year and not so happy with myself in that department. In other words, it is safe to assume that my butt will look too big...lol!! However, since you are tall, I am sure you would be a great resource for finding clothing that is appropriate for someone with a long torso and legs to go with that (arms too).

StoneHunter - I am hoping to get pictures up on the forum by Sunday...stay tuned! :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omie, glad you came through the storms with no problems. We didn''t lose power here either, but the suburb where I work now wasn''t so fortunate, a lot of customers came in and said they''d had to buy generators because their power was still out, or that their basements had flooded, etc.

I went to the gem show today with IrishAngel, you should try to make it next time (December 7-9), it''s just a fun day looking at aisles and aisles of bling. I brought my digital camera but at lunch I discovered the battery was dead (DH used it last and forgot to charge it or at least tell me it was dead
20.gif
), so I didn''t get to take pics and post them.

Tomorrow I''ll get pics of my watches for fun and post them here...battery is charging, hee hee!
35.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here''s a watch I found looking on Shopnbc site. I think it was well priced at $80 & has crystals instead of rhinestones. Would look lovely I think.
36.gif

Judy
:)

j173436--shopnbc.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2007 11:06:55 AM
Author: ccuheartnurse
Here''s a watch I found looking on Shopnbc site. I think it was well priced at $80 & has crystals instead of rhinestones. Would look lovely I think.
36.gif

Judy
HI:

That is one good looking watch!! Good find Judy!

Congrats on your new Bedat Omni--I love big faced watches (but then again, my aging eyes command them
9.gif
)

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Judy I really like that!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Guys,
Thought this was a really nice watch, especially with some bling. LOL I forgot to mention it was from Croton. I havent bought it since I''m on a watch fast.
20.gif
I bought a ladies black bezel Seamaster a couple mths ago. Next watch will have some diamonds in it. LOL I just have to pace myself. Oh well...easier said than done.
11.gif
12.gif
31.gif

Judy
;-)

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I bought my BF a sporty Croton for Christmas last year. It was a much nicer watch than I had expected and he really likes it.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
FG - I know this watch has a black face, but it does look vintage and it has genuine diamonds + a sapphire crystal. It is a Wittanauer, so the quality will be good, but the price is a bit higher at $227.50.

FG Watch.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I really like that. Kinda wish it had a white face though. But I really like that alot!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Here ya go! You can find it here for $390.

Whitwhite.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of this one? You can buy it on Amazon for $384. Though the dial looks silver, it is white and has 38 diamonds. It really does have a sapphire crystal, though the amazon site says it is mineral.

Whitwhitesquare.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Here is something elegant from Whittanauer, it is $400. I think it would look lovely with your ring. The face is white mother of pearl though. This site, though offering it at $600, does have a nice picture of it.

Whitvita.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the face on that last watch - the issue is the band, which I think is too wide in comparison to my dainty ring. Looks similar to the one I ordered and returned.

I ended up ordering that Croton previously suggested to see how it would work with my ring. Even though it''s not an expensive watch, I really like it! I just got it yesterday, and I''m thinking I will keep it. It echoes the lines of my ering and the band is sufficiently thin enough to not look weird with the dainty ring. I''d still like a higher end time piece at some point, but this might just fulfill the requirements for now.
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 2:43:50 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I love the face on that last watch - the issue is the band, which I think is too wide in comparison to my dainty ring. Looks similar to the one I ordered and returned.

I ended up ordering that Croton previously suggested to see how it would work with my ring. Even though it's not an expensive watch, I really like it! I just got it yesterday, and I'm thinking I will keep it. It echoes the lines of my ering and the band is sufficiently thin enough to not look weird with the dainty ring. I'd still like a higher end time piece at some point, but this might just fulfill the requirements for now.
1.gif
Congrats on the Croton, it is lovely!

I bought my boyfriend a Croton for Christmas, and it was about $115, which is not very expensive. I did not know what to expect for the price (I ordered it from Amazon), but was very pleased when I recieved it. In fact, it has a sapphire crystal and other details you would expect in a much more expensive watch (hidden clasp & screw-back case). He has not had any trouble with his watch, so I would expect the same for you.

BTW, I found that 1st Wittnauer for $357 here: http://www.brightdiamond.com/itemDetail.asp?ic=09000000460
31.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FireGoddess, great to know you bought it! How do the crystals sparkle? Nicer than rhinestones? I hope they sparkle like there''s no tomorrow! I keep thinking of my little Swarovski animals shining in the sun. LOL Can''t wait to see pics of your watch & ring together. There''s always pressure in buying a high end watch & it took months for me to finally take the plunge to buy one. Just when you''re not looking, you''ll find something that knocks your socks off. ;-)

Judy

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are pretty darn nice and sparkly. I have got to find my camera. I have been looking for 1.5 weeks now. It''s driving me batty! I think they really look good together (watch and ering)....as soon as they were both on I was like, ''I think it''s a keeper!!'' Just want to make sure none of the crystals pop out (happened on another watch I had originally liked)...but this watch looks like it''s well made. I doubt it will be a problem! I also really like the MOP face.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 1:22:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess
They are pretty darn nice and sparkly. I have got to find my camera. I have been looking for 1.5 weeks now. It''s driving me batty! I think they really look good together (watch and ering)....as soon as they were both on I was like, ''I think it''s a keeper!!'' Just want to make sure none of the crystals pop out (happened on another watch I had originally liked)...but this watch looks like it''s well made. I doubt it will be a problem! I also really like the MOP face.
Come on FG, find that camera. We need some pictures here of your new watch and how it looks with your gorgeous ring. I hope this one works out okay for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2007 4:18:14 PM
Author: Sundial

Come on FG, find that camera. We need some pictures here of your new watch and how it looks with your gorgeous ring. I hope this one works out okay for you.
Ditto!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FG, do you know your neighbour well? LOL I thought you might ring their doorbell with your SD card in hand & ask them to borrow their camera for a few minutes. LOL On that same note, maybe pop into Circuit city etc, & tell them that you''re considering buying a new camera & want to see how the pics are at home. LOL You never know, it might work. PLUS..we get to see the watch/ & ring.
36.gif

Judy

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 9:35:54 AM
Author: ccuheartnurse
FG, do you know your neighbour well? LOL I thought you might ring their doorbell with your SD card in hand & ask them to borrow their camera for a few minutes. LOL On that same note, maybe pop into Circuit city etc, & tell them that you''re considering buying a new camera & want to see how the pics are at home. LOL You never know, it might work. PLUS..we get to see the watch/ & ring.
36.gif

Judy
Problem is...my SD card is IN the camera!!! AGH. Still can''t find it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results