shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone ring Girls - are you out there?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same three diamonds went from custom-modified ‘Butterflies’ (in my avatar) to the sleek & sexy Sholdt 3-stone semi-bezel in platinum. The sides seem larger/have more presence in this setting than they did in the previous one, but I’m just elated to no longer catch prongs on my clothes & hair … this is such a comfortable wearable ring, I absolutely love it! ♥️

326C2512-CE0F-4C81-A75E-9528BB1C4339.jpeg 2BB7A597-87C1-44D8-96A4-28EFF76D0181.jpeg 277ACA44-0A9F-4F66-90BF-E7A8051B6322.jpeg EADB6D19-443C-49C0-A677-5000ADDF4862.jpeg 32DA5CA0-CF24-478F-8468-0CD243E0C11C.jpeg
Both versions are gorgeous, but oh these sleek semi bezels are wonderful!
I’m sorry if this is intrusive - but coming from one who has had/will have interest in the same setting you had- can you elaborate if it was snagging vs lint catching? If snagging- was it an option to have the vendor address it?
I get it if there were more reasons to wanting the switch than just this, but am truly curious.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my 3 stone. A 2.16 N OEC with two emerald side stones. Set in 18k Yellow Gold.

Screenshot_20210510-235444_Pixlr.jpg

Screenshot_20210510-235038_Pixlr.jpg

Absolutely lovely!!
Can you indulge us with head on shot of the OMC emeralds?=)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @LLJsmom @hathalove & @OboeGal & beautiful 3-stone @HS4S_2

Both versions are gorgeous, but oh these sleek semi bezels are wonderful!
I’m sorry if this is intrusive - but coming from one who has had/will have interest in the same setting you had- can you elaborate if it was snagging vs lint catching? If snagging- was it an option to have the vendor address it?
I get it if there were more reasons to wanting the switch than just this, but am truly curious.

:wavey: It’s not intrusive at all. This was not an issue with workmanship or ‘bad’ prongs; I’m certain that if I’d have asked, WF would have done or suggested something to make the design/prongs a little less snaggy for my lifestyle somehow. I just manage to snag prongs on everything - my hair, hand towel threads and on other things all the time because I rarely take my rings off except to clean them (not just the previous setting) … and it just bugs the crap out of me. For that reason, prongs are really just not an ideal option for me. Also, while I loved the look & sparkle of the side pave on the shoulders, on occasion, my neighbor-fingers would slightly rub against it, and that bugged me … but again, that’s a “me” thing. WF made the ring exactly to my specifications, and the ACA melee was beautiful & pave very well done/secure. I’m really just more of a bezel/semi-bezel gal at heart, and that’s the lane I need to stay in.

And Sholdt just does semi-bezels & this design so damn well … the ring is like liquid-bling on my finger - smooth, sleek, sparkly, super comfortable and not snaggy at all. I’m also tickled that I can view the sides of the diamonds as well; I really missed that about my previous Sholdt ER.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just received this yesterday, so excited! Three-stone ring with WF ACA G/VS1 diamonds, in a half-bezel setting made by David Klass. Center is 1.17ct, sides are .302ct and .304ct. Size 7.25.

Despite being on PS since forever, I still can't fully wrap my brain around the cut parameter nuances. Y'all blow my mind! I wanted this to be easy, so I went with WF ACAs. And while I don't see myself upgrading anything on this, I have learned you just never know. Sometimes a gal gets itchy for a change. I love having their policies to draw upon should I ever want to. 100% the right decision.

I have worked with DK before and that was easy as always. Very efficient and while there has never been any fluff, he is pleasant and just delivers above and beyond in all ways possible (changes, models, shipping, pricing, timing, quality). I love my new ring, it's a decade-long dream come true!

IMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6546.jpg IMG_6544.jpg IMG_6562.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just received this yesterday, so excited! Three-stone ring with WF ACA G/VS1 diamonds, in a half-bezel setting made by David Klass. Center is 1.17ct, sides are .302ct and .304ct. Size 7.25.

Despite being on PS since forever, I still can't fully wrap my brain around the cut parameter nuances. Y'all blow my mind! I wanted this to be easy, so I went with WF ACAs. And while I don't see myself upgrading anything on this, I have learned you just never know. Sometimes a gal gets itchy for a change. I love having their policies to draw upon should I ever want to. 100% the right decision.

I have worked with DK before and that was easy as always. Very efficient and while there has never been any fluff, he is pleasant and just delivers above and beyond in all ways possible (changes, models, shipping, pricing, timing, quality). I love my new ring, it's a decade-long dream come true!

IMG_6535.jpg

Looks beautiful!! Enjoy your dream come true!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

IMG_6535.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't say I'm not biased - as I have a 3-stone semi bezel with similar proportions AND we wear a similar ring size :lol:

Enjoy it! It is such an easy-to-wear style.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MissGotRocks and @Cerulean!

Cerulean, I followed your journey with interest and love the outcome! Hearing your thoughts on the difference between full bezels vs. half bezels was really helpful, especially since you'd had the same diamonds in both. Thank you for sharing it!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @MissGotRocks and @Cerulean!

Cerulean, I followed your journey with interest and love the outcome! Hearing your thoughts on the difference between full bezels vs. half bezels was really helpful, especially since you'd had the same diamonds in both. Thank you for sharing it!

Thank you! So happy it was helpful!

2carrotplus

Rough_Rock
So here is my GIA 2.9 E si 1 with .31 on each side on side 4.75 finger.
C274DD9B-0EBC-400D-8A76-1FFF66D2CB7D.jpeg

This ring setting is particularly beautiful and well proportioned. What actual ring setting did you obtain, please? It would also be helpful to see the side profile. My wife has a 2.5 and I would like to add side stones that tuck under the main stone like yours if possible, hence my question. Thank you, Mike,

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring setting is particularly beautiful and well proportioned. What actual ring setting did you obtain, please? It would also be helpful to see the side profile. My wife has a 2.5 and I would like to add side stones that tuck under the main stone like yours if possible, hence my question. Thank you, Mike,

Hi! So the setting was second hand. My jeweler had designed it for his wife and she gave it up. I can post pics and measurements of the empty setting if you would like.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my three stone Asscher, reset by David Klass. David's glamour shot and one right after I opened the box. :)

DKPV2021___03__02____75821____75821.jpg IMG_8327.JPG

That's GORGEOUS, @BoulderGal! Could you pls share the dimensions of the stones and your finger size so people can get a sense of proportion? Thanks!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
That's GORGEOUS, @BoulderGal! Could you pls share the dimensions of the stones and your finger size so people can get a sense of proportion? Thanks!

Thanks MrsB!

The center stone is 0.8c, H, vvs2, 5.33 x5.32
The sides are 0.42c, H, vvs1, 4.32 x 4.31 and 0.43c, I, vvs2 4.27 x 4.26

I've had the original ring for about 13 years, and never really bonded with the original setting. As time has gone on, my knuckles have gotten bigger and my hands are poofier (if that's a word). So it was time.

I've attached a top view and side view of the original ring for comparison.

I had it reset as a bezels with milgrain in platinum by David Klass. The bottom part of the ring is just a touch over 2mm, and it's set so that a band can sit flush against it. Check out DK's side view pic. It's a size 8.25.

Here are some images of it with a plain 2mm unplated white gold band, and an alternating sapphire/diamond bezel band so you can see. Most of the time I wear it alone, or with the plain band. Although I'm getting an itch for a thinner high karat gold. ;-)

Original ring:
eldphotography-IMG_0768.JPG eldphotography-IMG_0761.JPG

Reset:
IMG_8404.jpg IMG_8393.jpg DKPV2021___03__02____75821____75821-4.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MrsB!

The center stone is 0.8c, H, vvs2, 5.33 x5.32
The sides are 0.42c, H, vvs1, 4.32 x 4.31 and 0.43c, I, vvs2 4.27 x 4.26

I've had the original ring for about 13 years, and never really bonded with the original setting. As time has gone on, my knuckles have gotten bigger and my hands are poofier (if that's a word). So it was time.

I've attached a top view and side view of the original ring for comparison.

I had it reset as a bezels with milgrain in platinum by David Klass. The bottom part of the ring is just a touch over 2mm, and it's set so that a band can sit flush against it. Check out DK's side view pic. It's a size 8.25.

Here are some images of it with a plain 2mm unplated white gold band, and an alternating sapphire/diamond bezel band so you can see. Most of the time I wear it alone, or with the plain band. Although I'm getting an itch for a thinner high karat gold. ;-)

Original ring:
eldphotography-IMG_0768.JPG eldphotography-IMG_0761.JPG

Reset:
IMG_8404.jpg IMG_8393.jpg DKPV2021___03__02____75821____75821-4.jpg

I love the strut(?) support design between the stones. I love the tilt and the milgrain. I just really like everything about it :love: Elegant.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really does look great - the bezels enhance the diamonds in such a gorgeous way!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much MissGotRocks, It'sMainelyYou, MrsB, and everyone else who commented. I really owe you all thanks for sharing all of your gorgeous jewels-served as inspiration for sure, and I wouldn't have found David Klass. ;-)

I was seriously thinking about selling the ring around the holidays, but I knew there had to be a way to show off the Asshers without them just looking like squares. :) So I wandered back to PS and now get to see everyone's lovely creations.

Thanks again!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beloved - Past, Present and Future.

6.31ctw (1.12/4.05/1.13), all stones H VS1 ACA by WhiteFlash. Setting is by David Klass Jewelry in 18kt and platinum, designed by me.

There will be more photos forthcoming this weekend in the My Beloved thread. :wavey:

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new reset for my diamond. I did end up going 3-stone after going back and forth in my mind forever. Haha! Thank you all who gave me advice. I really appreciate it. Here are a couple of indoor cell phone shots. 20220816_172654.jpg

Attachments

• 20220816_172714.jpg
    20220816_172714.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 45

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new reset for my diamond. I did end up going 3-stone after going back and forth in my mind forever. Haha! Thank you all who gave me advice. I really appreciate it. Here are a couple of indoor cell phone shots. 20220816_172654.jpg

Gorgeous!! But we're gonna need some hand shots :bigsmile:....please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results