shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone pink-purple sapphire ring

Encouraged by @mrs-b, I figured I'd start a thread for the ring in my avatar. First, pictures of the sapphire by itself!

view 1.png.jpg with 2 other stones.jpg

Bought it from the lovely @Desertrose. Described as a Ceylon/Sri Lankan neon pink-purple sapphire. She got it from Dudley Blauwet. It's a 1.09ct, 6mm round (ish) stone that isn't cut too deep like some sapphires can be.

After stalking ebay for a couple of weeks, I managed to snag a size 6.5 platinum 3-stone setting with "real" diamond sides for <$500!!! I planned to wear it as a RHR so no resizing needed (added bonus!). It was sold to me as having 0.60ctw diamonds, so I'm guessing around 4.00-4.25mm each?

ring mount ebay listing pic.jpg

Me being a complete newb in the jewelry world, I neglected to check for any defects before buying. When I took it to my trusted jeweler in CA (only 1 of 2 that I consistently went to), I found out that yes, those appear to be diamonds and it is platinum. BUT, the prongs were messed up and there's actually a crack along one the galleries that will require laser repair! So I spent a bit more $ with the setting process for this ring, but overall the finished piece cost less than $1250 so it qualified for the "Fabulous CS rings under 1250 dollar!!" thread :D (I knew I had posted this somewhere. I finally found the post, from 2018! -- https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fabulous-cs-rings-under-1250-dollar.211930/post-4381499)

It's still my favorite CS ring. And here's the finished piece in all its glory:

close up.jpg
20210211_111528.jpg
indoor profile view.jpg indoor more pinkish.jpg purple sapphire 3-stone ring.jpg 20180723_142426.jpg
full hand view.jpg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
wow that's lovely! what an awesome Ebay steal for the setting, it fits perfectly and looks like they were made for reachother!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous sapphire such a lush and vibrant color!

wow that's lovely! what an awesome Ebay steal for the setting, it fits perfectly and looks like they were made for reachother!

What a gorgeous sapphire such a lush and vibrant color!

Thank you both!

I just love the look of 3-stone rings. Now I want another 3-stone but with the side stones similar in size with the center stone, like the amazing one that @silkandsapphires just posted.
1613074686712.png

And I also want a 3-stone with discernably smaller side stones, like @nala's recent reset.
1613074658544.png

#lifegoals

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring! That sapphire is the most gorgeous color.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love this ring! And that center stone - wooooooot!!

Thank you for sharing the info on it! Do you have any dimensions on any of the stones, and also, could you share your finger size with us?

But...again...did I mention that COLOR?!!

WOOOOOOT!

Absolutely love this ring! And that center stone - wooooooot!!

Thank you for sharing the info on it! Do you have any dimensions on any of the stones, and also, could you share your finger size with us?

But...again...did I mention that COLOR?!!

WOOOOOOT!

The sapphire looks a little rovally to me but it's about 6mm. And the sides are supposed to be 0.60ctw. Google tells me a 0.30ct diamond should be between 4-4.25mm. And the ring is 6.5 but my finger size is 5.75-6. So it wobbles a bit but I don't curr!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that color and I think that setting was still a steal! Turned out beautiful!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! That color is stunning! Your ring has the same profile as mine!

I'm already eyeing a 2ct sapphire that may have similar coloring. But seriously, I need to cool it with the purchases. Got bills to pay after all. Stupid adult responsibilities...

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
I love it! A purple sapphire is on my bucket list and my heart belongs to 3 stones deep down. Enjoy it!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I have never seen anything like this. I’d noticed it in your avatar and wondered what it was. Thanks so much for sharing the information on it. It’s radiant.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had noticed this amazing ring on your avatar, because I adore pink sapphires and it really caught my attention!!! It looks wonderful on your hand! By the way, we are bling sisters! My original engagement ring has an oval pink sapphire as the center stone and white diamonds as side stones! Enjoy your beautiful ring in good health!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you've posted details on your ring, as that colour has captivated me for ages! And what a steal the setting was!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely color. Seldom see sapphires of this color. Enchanting on you.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous pink sapphire, I have sapphire envy!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of the sapphire, magenta! Beautiful ring!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow that sapphire color! Lovely setting and proportions on the ring. Gorgeous!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, @AnastasiaBeaverhausen !! What a beautiful, deep shade of magenta. You were lucky to snag the perfect setting too. The white side stones really make the main stone pop. Enjoy!

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Which eBay seller did you buy the setting from?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results