shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone e-ring owners, any regrets???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I meant to add- go try some on. I was on the fence and as soon as I saw the 3 stone on my finger I was sold!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 12:17:47 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
LOVE my three-stone - I actually changed from a solitaire to a three-stone (I had originally considered both). For me, while I love both, it came down to what looked best on my hand, and the three-stone won that one, hands-down
1.gif
You know, I never really thought of it that way but it''s so true. . . the three stone looked better on my hand too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 11:27:02 AM
Author: rockin11

Date: 2/21/2009 11:03:25 AM
Author: MissGotRocks

Date: 2/21/2009 10:27:46 AM

Date: 2/21/2009 8:18:08 AM
Author: vespergirl

Date: 2/20/2009 9:59:35 PM
I just recently had to make an ins. claim. I had a solitaire with diamonds in band. I always liked 3 stone rings but never thought I would have one.(my SIL has 3 stone round so didn''t want to copy) When I was looking for a replacement(NOT looking for a 3 stone) I found this ring that I have now and loved it. I thought it was different. So to answer your question..no regrets thus far! I am loving my new 3 stone! Are you thinking about getting one? What do you want?
Wow, THAT RING IS GORGEOUS!!! I just love the trap sidestones - amazing! Specs please!!!
Thanks, Vespergirl. The center is 2.5 G VS2(spread looks like a 2.75) and the sides are about .65 each. Y''all sure do know how to make a girl feel good! Here is the thread where I recently posted it https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/replacement-what-do-you-think.107247/
The pics are not that great..I am getting better! I think I have better ones now but I have not posted them.

Mscushion..Thanks for the sweet comments!

Missgotrocks..I searched and found the thread on your ring. It is absolutely stunning!! I LOVE the pears. I had never seen that before (as well as mine) I guess I need to get out more often. It is just so elegant! If I do it again I may go that route.

Luvmyhalo..Have we persuaded you to come over to the 3 stone side?
31.gif
BTW..if you get that diamond glove I would like one as well!
9.gif
Thanks a bunch. . . my sidestones are round though!

So many pretty three stone rings - I love them all! They just add something extra to those special center stones!
totally getting confused this morning! There are just too many beauties on here! getting goofed up! I was thinking of Kaleighs as far as the pears go! I was commenting on your ring though in the post above..I just goofed up on the sides..been on here way too long! I looked up your thread last night and read your post..I think your center is amazing! You have been through quite a few stones. I love what you have decided on. It looks ginormous on you finger and the finger coverage is crazy
36.gif
Oh, I know - there are so many pretties here! Kaleigh''s ring is beautiful too!

It''s true. . . I went through alot of stones to get where I am today. If I had had PS in those days, I''m sure the journey would have been alot shorter.

Your ring is beautiful as well - I love the traps though must admit they probably wouldn''t have been something I would have though about. . . the ring is certainly beautiful though - you made an excellent choice!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 12:16:44 PM
Author: upgrade
I''ve only had my 3 stone since yesterday afternoon (does that qualify me to answer?) but I can''t see myself EVER regretting the decision to give up my solitaire! I love how blingy and sparkly it is and the finger coverage is to die for... I say do it! You won''t regret it!

Do we have pics of this ring yet? Can''t wait to see them!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love my 3 stone asscher ring, tried on a lot of styles and the 3 stone won out this time around. Maybe a solitaire next time!!! But no regrets with my 3 stone what so ever :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love mine.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3 stone round and LOVE it. No regrets at all!

ritaniring2b.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 7:51:23 PM
Author: steph72276
Your ring is beautiful - what did you decide about a band? Bands for the three stone rings are a bit more challenging!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 12:04:16 AM
Author: luvmyhalo
Babysteps, that is so awesome that you were able to use your previous stones in this setting. OMG, I absolutely LOVE the proportions of your ring. If you don''t mind me asking, what size are the stones and what is your finger size?

Hi luvmyhalo - thank you, that is very sweet of you! I am happy with the proportions - I have a 6.25ish finger (depends on the day!) -- the center stone is 2 cts., the sides are .93 (my original ering) and .90 cts. Here is another pic just for reference.
1.gif

sml3mm.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also desire a more simple setting at times, but in the end I truly love my three stone and would not change! Go for it!
emteeth.gif

rissar5.jpeg

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
yep, sure do regret it! wish I had chosen a asscher solitaire. thats what I"ll get when I upgrade.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 8:41:29 PM
Date: 2/21/2009 7:51:23 PM

Your ring is beautiful - what did you decide about a band? Bands for the three stone rings are a bit more challenging!
Thank you! Yes, they are a challenge. I have tried on SO many rings. I thought I wanted a thin eternity band, but I tried on the plain knife edge platinum at Tiffanys and LOVED it. I''m thinking I might get it around Mother''s Day
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It is nice to see pictures of all of these gorgeous three stone rings! Over the years I have worn just a gold wedding band, a band with a plain solitaire, a solitaire with small side stones, and for the last four years a three stone ring. I adore the three stone ring and would never go back to a solitaire (except of course for a right hand ring). There is just something wonderful about the glittery spread of those diamonds across the finger!!!

hofonceagain.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 10:22:43 AM
Author: Sundial
It is nice to see pictures of all of these gorgeous three stone rings! Over the years I have worn just a gold wedding band, a band with a plain solitaire, a solitaire with small side stones, and for the last four years a three stone ring. I adore the three stone ring and would never go back to a solitaire (except of course for a right hand ring). There is just something wonderful about the glittery spread of those diamonds across the finger!!!
Sundial, love your 3 stone!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!! All your rings are sooooo beautiful, no wonder why no one regrets their decision! I''ve been seriously drooling all over my keyboard!
30.gif

I bought a fakey 3 stone to try out. I''m loving the finger coverage
31.gif
30.gif
And the sidestones compliment the center stone beautifully. I don''t think I ever tried one on before. I always asumed that the center stone would be over shadowed, but I was so wrong!

Right now, I''m undecided. I soooooo wish I could have both, but I don''t think that''s gonna happen
7.gif
I''ve been lusting after a set like yours Babysteps. I would looooove to have my RB set with pear sides and a pave shank. Aaaaaahhhhh, a girl can dream!!!!! Unfortunately LM is a weeee bit out of the budget.

Oh, speaking of drool, bebe''s ring makes me want to stomp my feet and hold my breath until DH buys it for me
3.gif
I hope you don''t mind me posting it bebe!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-journey-has-ended-my-upgrade.101537/

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine, no regrets, terrible picture [8pm] excuse the paint on my dry hand.

DSCF4356.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 11:03:25 AM

Why thank you Steph! I love yours too. Isn''t it interesting all of the different looks a three stone ring can take?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 9:36:33 PM
Author: musey

Date: 2/20/2009 8:23:42 PM
Author: coatimundi
I adore 3 stone rings. I love solitaires. Best to get both...if possible...
31.gif
Agreed
9.gif
Ditto thritto.

Seriously though, a 3-stone ring gives you a lot more finger coverage (ie. more bling) for your money, more bang for the buck. I converted my old earrings (wedding present) and wore that as a RHR for ages and still do. LOVE it!!
30.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:18:10 AM
Date: 2/22/2009 11:03:25 AM

Why thank you Steph! I love yours too. Isn't it interesting all of the different looks a three stone ring can take?
Thank you! I know, wish I could have one of each! I like too many styles!!!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock

Sundial, that ring is stunning! The more I see settings like yours and babysteps, the more I think that if I go ahead with a 3 stone re-set it would also have a pave shank.

Lulie - that is a beautiful set! I couldn't find any more pictures of it. Have you given that baby its own thread yet???!!!!!

Phoenix, you're so right. I think that's my whole reason for thinking about the 3 stone. It will be a couple of years before we would consider upgrading my center stone so the 3 stone will give me the finger coverage I'm craving!

MMT, thank you! I just looked at your upgrade thread. STUNNING!!!! I looove that band with it! Now THAT's what I call "finger coverage", oh yeah!!!!

My daughter's at pre-school today so I'm going to go and try some things on.
We'll see what kind of trouble I can get myself into
27.gif
31.gif

Ohhhhhhh what I wouldn't give to have the PS gang with me to help me decide. THAT would be priceless!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 6:16:18 PM
WOW!!!! All your rings are sooooo beautiful, no wonder why no one regrets their decision! I''ve been seriously drooling all over my keyboard!
30.gif

I bought a fakey 3 stone to try out. I''m loving the finger coverage
31.gif
30.gif
And the sidestones compliment the center stone beautifully. I don''t think I ever tried one on before. I always asumed that the center stone would be over shadowed, but I was so wrong!

Right now, I''m undecided. I soooooo wish I could have both, but I don''t think that''s gonna happen
7.gif
I''ve been lusting after a set like yours Babysteps. I would looooove to have my RB set with pear sides and a pave shank. Aaaaaahhhhh, a girl can dream!!!!! Unfortunately LM is a weeee bit out of the budget.

Oh, speaking of drool, bebe''s ring makes me want to stomp my feet and hold my breath until DH buys it for me
3.gif
I hope you don''t mind me posting it bebe!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-journey-has-ended-my-upgrade.101537/
No problem luv!
I love my 3-stone, but still would love to have a simple classic, honking solitaire with an etenity band. Like Angie Harmon''s - love that look.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 7:16:54 PM
Here is my three stone ring. My sidestones were intended to be accents rather than a true three stone ring. I still admire solitaire settings but in the end don't think I'd ever give up my three stone ring!
I love your ring, MissGotRocks. It's good to see them again in all their sparkly glory
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Sundial, my HOF sister, your ring is beautiful
30.gif
Good finger coverage, too!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Luvmyhalo, I think you will fall in love with a three stone once you find the right one. The pave on the shank adds a nice litte touch of extra sparkle.

And Marian thank you too. I think we are among the few on the forum with Hearts on Fire diamond jewelry. They may be pricey but the quality can''t be denied.

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:25:11 PM
Lulie - that is a beautiful set! I couldn't find any more pictures of it. Have you given that baby its own thread yet???!!!!!

Hi luvmyhalo, nope I'm a newbie & pic shy lol
We finally had the ring made 2 Years ago, first picture taken last night, what can I say, I'm crazy
26.gif

Even though I'm a sparklie addict, that ring is never going to be reset/sold since the sides stones were my mother's earrings [.96, .98 vs2 G & I] given to me when my April baby was born. The center is 1.55 better cut, vs1 H. As for the band, I had that puppy for many years! def not a matchy match since the stones are quite warm, thanks for your kind compliments Luv
26.gif

BeGatch!

Shiny_Rock
Luvmyhalo- your set is so beautiful, but I agree with you about the 3stone having more finger coverage! I wonder if a halo ring could have side stones??? (I have an oval with a halo)

Bebe- Your ring is my favorite it is just so darn perfect!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 3:10:29 PM
Author: risingsun

Date: 2/20/2009 7:16:54 PM
Here is my three stone ring. My sidestones were intended to be accents rather than a true three stone ring. I still admire solitaire settings but in the end don''t think I''d ever give up my three stone ring!
I love your ring, MissGotRocks. It''s good to see them again in all their sparkly glory
30.gif

Thanks - I need to do some new pictures that aren''t so big! And you know how I feel about your ring - absolutely gorgeous! I really do believe that once you go with a three stone setting, it''s hard to go back to a solitaire even though so many of those are gorgeous too. Everytime I put on a solitaire ring, it just looks lonely to me as I''ve grown used to the three stone setting.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial your ring is stunning! It''s so nice to see you and your sparklie back with us again!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:10:13 PM
Sundial your ring is stunning! It's so nice to see you and your sparklie back with us again!!
Thank you MissG! I have pretty fond memories of that three stone beauty of yours and do you still have that magnificent Memoire five stone band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results