shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone diamond setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lionluv

Rough_Rock
Hello. Does anyone out there know who manufactures or sells the 3 stone diamond ring that is called the "bar setting" on adiamondisforever.com? Sorry - can''t seem to send the image. You click on "engagement", then ring settings. then view settings. There is no "contact us" link on adiamondisforever.com. It just says take this picture to your jewler. Well, I have described it to several jewelers, and also taken the picture to a few, and none of them is familiar with it. The funny thing is, this EXACT ring was being advertised on the sides of buses/taxis in St. Thomas last month. So, it does exist!

Any help would be appreciated!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The style is not the most popular (no good reason, IMO) but versions do appear in most catalogs. There are a couple around here, recently, someone had a terrific one made with three radiants. THIS

In%20the%20box%204-1-06.jpg

Clicked on everything that moves on that website and only found one bar set ring... Is this it?

It comes with an address too.

barsetsample.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ph_ss_pop3.jpg

hfollett

Rough_Rock
Is this it?

My 3 stone ring setting was transformed to look just like that picture. The thread is here. It was orginally a bar setting with squared off corners and I had the jeweler round them off. Mine also has some small stones going down the side. A jeweler in Indianapolis made it for me and did an amazing job. Not sure if I can post their name here or not.

barsetting.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha!

There is no side view... and there may be different takes on that. If you want to look it up before your jeweler does, a few manufacturers have online catalogs (Stuller, Adwar, Leo Ingwer... probably others too). It takes a bit of time.

For starters, James Allen has a solitaire version of that ring on their old website. I doubt any shop will post their entire inventory - you might want to ask if a three-stone ring of similar design is hiding somewhere in their inventory.

Link to James Allen shop

1104%20copy.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No other version of this setting in the website of Stuart Moore, but there is a three stone with rounds and their jewelry is terrific!
5.gif

DeepBlue.JPG

lionluv

Rough_Rock
Wow! You people are amazing! YES - that is the ring hfollet & julie! The exact setting! Anyone know who the current manufacturer is?! hfollet your ring is GORGEOUS!

It will be our 25th wedding anniversary in May. I am considering a rectangular shaped "Original Radiant Cut Diamond" - approx. 1.22-1.25cwt. with great color and other specs. for the center stone, and either two relatively "square" radiant cuts for the side stones (.45-.50cwt. ea.) for the side stones OR rounds for the sidestones. Anyone want to voice their opinion on what this would look like in this bar setting? I am having a local goldsmith custom make the setting, and it will probably be a semi-bezel setting to protect and hold the diamonds. Still, I LOVE this bar setting . . . . . . . . . . so it will hopefully be some combination of the two.

Any comments on the "Original Radiant Cut"? I have viewed 2, and my local jeweler is willing to get some more in in the specs. / parameters I desire. I thought they were beautiful, and if these are not sparkly or "brilliant" enough, then I must be blind!?

Thank you again - - this site and all you helpful people are wonderful!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Lionluv

My ring is a three stone radiant. We did not buy the branded Original Radiant Cut stone, but looked at many, many radiants and found three that matched our budget. I couldn''t be happier with my ring. I love the radiant cuts! They are spectacular. Tricky to purchase, but definitely worth it. My ring is 3.55 tcw

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a close up

close up 4-12-2006.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta love those radiants!

sun 3 burst b 4-12-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Hfollett - I just love
30.gif
your ring, the setting is perfect! It complements your diamonds so well. Would love to see more pictures.
9.gif

hfollett

Rough_Rock
lionluv: the proportions of the stones you''re considering are identical to mine, but they are all just a big larger. regarding using bezel to protect the stones ... I''ve had a version of this setting for 10 years and never had an issue with a stone becoming loose or damaged. Kelley1975 has a similar bar setting with a bezel setting for the center which you can see in this thread. Her post describes them as being custom made in Portland, OR.

SuzyQZ: I just got a new camera and been dying to play with it. I''ll get it out this weekend and take some more shots.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I love Kelly1975''s ring!
30.gif
Bezel/channel set rings are pretty much worry free, that''s why I like them. No fuss, no muss! You an wear everyday, everywhere!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
hfollet: Yes, start a new thread when you get some more pictures. Our "style" needs representation.
36.gif
. Please, don''t get me wrong, ALL the rings on this forum are beautiful, I love looking at them.
30.gif
Exquisite workmanship and detail is a work of art and always so pleasing to the appreciating eye. It''s just also nice to have something out of the mainstream too! I love diamonds, love great quality workmanship, love PS!

lionluv

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thank you everyone for your replies and pictures! I appreciate the help. I also love the "semi-bezel" settings. I work in healthcare (PT) and I also like rings that do not project upward too much. I love these channel sets and semi-bezels because they hold the ring very sturdily, protect the girdle, and don''t protrude upward as much. Also, if they are custom designed I believe they can be made to allow lots of light to pass through the diamonds. I believe that that is why this type of setting is ot as popular; their is a prejudce that they don''t allow as much light to pass through the stones and don''t show off the diamonds to their best advantage. I LOVE your ring hfollets and also SuzieQ. I cannot bring up the SAgems site due to my darn internet securtiy; it blocks Macromedia Flash, and some other active-X controls, despite my best attempts to over-ride it! Anyway, I really appreciate the links and pics.
35.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2006 10:27:13 AM
Author: lionluv

I also love the ''semi-bezel'' settings.

... the first four on this page and perhaps the full bezel three stone setting (third row down, second right to left). ''Guess any setting comes in either YG, WG or Platinum.

lionluv

Rough_Rock
Hi Valeria - thanks for the posting of the settings. I really like a couple of them! Who''s site is this . . . . . . . . . I did not see any link to open a web-site? Thanks!

36.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adwar, a manufacturing co.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results