shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgraded center stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hfollett

Rough_Rock
About two years ago I lost my three stone ring, which had my original engagement diamond as the center stone. Since sentimental attachment has gone out the window, upgrading was much easier! I selected two, E/VS2, AGS0, .41 ct stones as the side stones, and an F/VS2, AGS0, .64 ct stone as the center stone.

Fast forward to early December, when I decided after a rough two years of health issues (undiagnosed Lyme disease of all things!), I deserved some additional bling. Thank goodness my sweet hubby agreed. The new center is 1.098, E/SI1, AGS0 stone. It totally rocks and is blinding.

I went back to the local jewelry who orginally made my setting to figure out how to insert the new, larger stone into the setting. They ended up cutting it open in the middle of the top, widened it just a hair, and took some metal out of the bottom so it would still be the same size. It looks absolutely amazing!!

Since I haven't seen setting quite like this on Pricescope, I thought I'd share it. The first picture makes the metal look like this been rolling around in a bunch of rocks (not sure why), but it is perfectly smooth and polished in reality!

My_Ring_1a.JPG

hfollett

Rough_Rock
Top view:

My_Ring_2a.JPG

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beauty!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that''s gorgeous!!! I really like that setting...it''s so unique!

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I love that setting...it is gorgeous! The side view is amazing...it really shows off your diamonds.
30.gif

Congrats on your upgrade!
1.gif

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Wow --- the profile is incredible!!! Wear that baby with pride hfollett!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is so sleek. I love it. I sorry to hear about your health issues but sounds like you have lots of love and support.

Arnel_Regina

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely lovely! I love how setting lets you see so much of the diamond. Just one question: Is this considered a tension set diamond?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your upgrade..The ring is beautiful..
21.gif

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Expect a call from my lawyer..I''m sueing you for blinding me!!
23.gif

Awesome!! The fire is just unreal!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
how cool! Are those tension set or is it a tiny channel? I love how you can see the whole stone from the side! I have an emerald cut aquamarine ring with similar setting - I bought it b/c of the cool side profile!
enjoy it!!!!

hfollett

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the compliments!

I think its considered channel set because there is a bar underneath providing added stability. I thought tension set was when the only connection between the sides of the ring was at the girdle itself. I''m not an expert - so I could be completely wrong! I love being able to see more of the stone as well and really don''t like prongs.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love your setting, and those diamonds are to die for. Congrats on the real jewel, your understanding and supportive DH.

shay

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that setting for your three stone ring and the new center stone is awesome!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! It is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

So unique, I love it!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
30.gif

I love that side view.
36.gif

How nice that they were able to adapt your old setting to the new stone!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is really beautiful - we''ll take more pictures anytime!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the side view is very striking. It looks great from the top too. Congrats on a beautiful ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results