shape
carat
color
clarity

3 carat round!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RIVEROAKS

Rough_Rock
I have been offered a good deal on a 3 carat diamond. Can someone show me a picture of this size stone in a tiffany setting. The reason I need to see one is that a have to commit and think it might be too big.. If thats possible.

Thanks!

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
I do not have a picture of one but when my wife tried a 3 ct on she thought it was beautiful but her only concern was that it was showing off too much and that she would be afraid of wearing it in public for both security and guilt reasons. She has a size 6 finger and the rock looked soo big that we decided against it and went much smaller (2 ct). I guess depending on where you live and who your circle of friends and whether you care what other people think, this may not be an issue.

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Riveroaks...If you can get a good deal on a 3 carat then I say go for it. I just bought my wife a stunning stone a little larger than 3 carats and she loves it. Her ring size is 4.5 and it looks fine on her finger. As far as wearing it in public, why would you buy it if she wasn't going to wear it in public. Don't worry about it being robbed, that's why you get insurance. If it makes you feel good doing it for her and she will appreciate it then go for it.
REMEMBER THIS:
The people that say money can't buy happiness don't have any!

Bing Chow

Rough_Rock
2005Corvette:

As hard as it is to believe, there are real, living, breathing people in this world who doesn't care to flaunt their fortunes.

Money buys only temporary happiness. And I ain't poor.

ScammedInNYC

Rough_Rock
REMEMBER THIS:

People that brag on the Internet about how much money they've spent usually have very small genitalia.

wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You might look in the "Show Me the Ring" forum. There are pics of larger diamond rings there. Leota bought a 3 carat at Christmas time for her mother and she also has a larger diamond ring herself. There's a brand new post of a larger diamond ring in the 3 carat range.
1.gif

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Bing Chow...How can you say money only buys temporary happiness? Just take for example the diamond. That will bring a lifetime of happiness to the giver and the receiver. I know in my case it did and will continue to do so forever; or until I upgrade to a 4 carat. I enjoy doing nice things for my wife and friends, and whenever I can
do something nice I do it. I enjoy putting a smile on people's faces. I've learned to live life to the fullest due to previous health issues and let me tell you something if I had no money I would not be here now! So money can even buy health. I know firsthand all about it, so face up to it! Anything can be bought for the right price.

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Scammedinnyc.
Is that the height of your intelligence? Worrying about some other person's genitals.
Sounds to me like you you should worry about your own before you go off on someone you don't even know from Adam.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Scammed was obviously just having a little fun at your expense, 2005 vette.
Your comments came across a tad... what's the word... OBNOXIOUS.
I've never heard someone say something quite like that, in bold no less. It made me LOL.

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Alexah..Did it put a smile on your face? Well if it did then
I did something nice for someone and brought maybe just a little bit of happiness to someone. Of course he was playing with me. I can take a joke. But I still say go for the 3 carat ring and make someone happy. You can't take the money with you so why not spend it. Enjoy and go for the gusto....Besides all the other things; what woman in her right mind would say no to a 3 carat diamond? Every woman's dream is having a bigger and better quality diamond than their friend has, so she can flaunt it around town. It's an ego thing amongst women.

Bing Chow

Rough_Rock
2005Corvette:

I respect your Carpe Diem attitude. It's invigorating.

But your "everything has a price tag attitude" quite frankly, blows.
There are many women with diamonds larger than your wife's. There are many people with more money than you. There are many guys with bigger muscles than you. There are many people with higher IQ than you. There are plenty of women better looking than your wife...with larger breasts. There are plenty of cars faster than a Corvette. You'll always be small man as long as you equate happiness with size/price/horsepower/prestige/upgrade. When some woman outdoes your wife with a 4carat, you'll be pawning off your 3 carat. When some kid smokes your ass at a red light in a Civic, you'll buy a faster car. How pathetic.

"Every woman's dream is having a bigger and better quality diamond than their friend has, so she can flaunt it around town. It's an ego thing amongst women."

I'm male and I'm offended.

Fire&Ice:
just in case you're reading this....What did I say before?
wink2.gif

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Bing Chow...That's the beauty of this whole thing we call life. You can go out there and get anything you want.As big or as little as you want it to be. It's the American way of life. Getting what you truly want and being able to.
Yes I may be somewhat shallow and I equate happiness with money,possesions, and the love of life, and THE love of my life. Reach for the stars man and don't look back. When you find something you truly love and are happy with don't ever let it go. Appreciate it because someday it may be gone. All the things you said may be true but did you EVER really see an unhappy rich person? Go ahead and say it..Of course not.
Do you think Bill Gates is unhappy? Warren Buffet?
Do you really think that Martha Stewart will do hard time? Be serious! She may go to jail but it will be for a VERY short time and in a federal prison. Do you know what federal prisons are? They are country clubs for the rich people that get caught. Leona Helmlsey, Martha Stewart and Michael Milkin. Remember the key word here is MONEY!

Yes I still stand my ground that every woman wants a diamond bigger and better than her friend's! It's the female American way. Don't deny it. It's instilled in all women from the time they reach their teens. pay attention my friend. Some women may deny it but they are the ones that will never have a chance to outdue their girlfriends.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeezus boys...enough with the testosterone already.
snore.gif
BTW 2005, it's 'outdo'.
9.gif

RiverOaks...definitely check out the Show me the Ring forum...there are a few 3c stones in there as PQ noted....it may help you gain an idea. However, I would highly recommend heading on down to the local jewelry store and trying on a 3c or around there to get an idea. It's a very large stone and IMO you need to love the size to wear it happily...some people won't like the conspicuousness of it. I, myself, would love a 3c stone...but it's not for everyone! Good luck!

drdeano

Rough_Rock
I'm just a lurker....but this DOES have F&I written all over it. Sorry if I offend, but these hilarious "size = who I am" threads make me giddy with anticipation of a F&I rebuttal. "What do you mean I am a "hootchie" for wearing a 3 carat ring??" "Why should I feel ashamed to wear a 3 carat when I have no appointments today to praise me for such??" "I'm not an opportunist waiting for the next response to a "dead horse" thread on size vs. tackiness."

2005, grats on your purchase. If your "previous health issues" taught you that putting a smile on someone's face through bought love is the way to go.. then YEEHAW!! You're right, "no woman in her right mind would say no to a 3 carat diamond to flaunt around town" Especially if her pimp allowed her to wear such jewelry to run tricks that night!
22.gif
appl.gif

Don't mistake me for a "we should be thankful we have 1.5 carat VS1 F ID ID ID H&A + diamonds when there are millions of starving Ethiopians and an overthrown Haitian dictator waiting to sue the U.S. for supposedly being kidnapped out there..." person....Nay, I am just a casual lurker who enjoys the drama.
tongue.gif

Just passing through

DrD

Bing Chow

Rough_Rock
2005Corvette:

"When you find something you truly love and are happy with it don't ever let it go." You sound rather contradictory. No one should make you feel like you have to upgrade, because you love what you've got, no matter how outdated, scratched up, or obsolete it may be. You come across as a guy whose riches keeps him happy only because it allows him to be (in his mind) better than those around him. Seems kinda empty....you know, being only as good or as rich as others think. Without their approval or jealousy, how much are you worth as a person?

Do I know an unhappy rich guy? Damn right I do. His wife's a tramp. She's lazy and money hungry. His income goes up his nose. His staff hates him. Yeah...he's a great example of what to become. And I do what he does for a living.

"It's the female American way. Don't deny it. It's instilled in all women from the time they reach their teens."
I don't deny that there are many women who think like this, but unlike you, I don't support or encourage it.

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Mara... I do stand corrected on my spelling. I never said I was perfect. Everyone does make a mistake. I've made a couple in life just like everyone else.
DR...If you feel that strongly about Haiti and some other
God forsaken coutry then why don't you do something about it? Do you suggest President Bush send troops there too?
Maybe we should support them too along with just about every other country on this planet. get real will you! Let's worry about Americans before we go to foreign countries to clean up their mess. And by the way are you saying that women who wear 3 carat diamonds are whores working for pimps? That's what I read into your response.

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Bing... People like me because I'm a decent person. I don't have to flaunt what I have. I respect others and treat them like I wish to be treated. Your friend seems to be happy from what you just told me. He may not be doing the right things and be a healthy person but he sounds happy in his own little world. You sound jealous of him because he has what you want. Stop with your baloney about encouraging a woman to take a 3 carat diamond. Just try and stop a woman from taking one that's offered to her and see what happens. You'll get your eyes scratched out. Wake up and smell the coffee..

Bing Chow

Rough_Rock
I'm jealous of a lazy wife and a Coke habit?

You don't flaunt what you have.....don't make me laugh. Your user ID just reeks of subtlety then doesn't it? And don't say I'm jealous of your car (i'm assuming you own one) because I wouldn't buy one anyways.

BTW, I don't drink coffee.

drdeano

Rough_Rock
2005, My apologies for your lack of reading comprehension skills. Again, I realize you're not perfect. I was merely trying to distance myself from the typical politically correct, "we have it good in a world of starvation and poverty" line that tends to get thrown around when people argue about diamonds. On the contrary, I think Bush is doing one helluva job on the foreign policy front. Please re-read my statement and see if hindsight sprinkles your blind eyes with magic this time.

I do not believe that women who wear 3 carat diamonds are whores. What you read from what I said is again sadly wrong. I was referring to your statement which read, "what woman in her right mind would say no to a 3 carat diamond?" I know PLENTY!! I dare say there are plenty on here that WOULD agree with me (from what I have read from past threads.) There ARE however, women who would do ANYTHING for that same 3 carat ring, and THERE is where I made my point. It seems that if you can buy their love, you will 2005. The phallic reference seems justified in your case sir. If you found your happiness, then I applaud you. I don't believe I have the "money" you allude to when you said, "The people that say money can't buy happiness don't have any!" But I have the happiness.. and it didn't cost me my soul. /idealbb/images/smilies/wacko.gif

DrD

Bing Chow

Rough_Rock
DrD:

I smell something.....I think you just burned him.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I'm reminded of Mahatma Gandhi, whose only possesions at the end of his mortal life were a loin cloth and a pair of eyeglasses.

He deliberately divested himself of everything so he wouldn't be owned by anything...

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Bing. I think you're smelling something rotten not a burnt smell. It's people like myself that can appreciate the finer things in life that people like you will never be able to. Why not take a poll and see how many women would love to have a 3 carat diamond on their finger as opposed to a quarter carat stone.
Bing you wouldn't want a Corvette obviously because you'll never be able to afford one. If you knew anything about sports cars then YOU would know that the Corvette is dollar for dollar the finest sports car made in the world.
Let me guess what you drive...A BMW or Volvo.
You seem like the average know it all Volvo owner.LOL

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
I should not even put my nose in here but I am anyway
9.gif
I am a woman and I would never want a 3ct ring but that is MY PERSOANL PREFERENCE. And that gentlmen (using the term lightly here) is what it comes down too. I would never judge anyone by their taste in gem size. Play nice!
2.gif

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Hello All This is Mrs. 2005. Let me say I,m am overwhelmed
with my 3.12 ct diamond. Mr.2005 may sound like a material
kind of person. To be honest he just likes the finer things in life. He believes in buying quailty. So my 3 ct is the finest you could buy. It came from the heart. Honest it did.
Trust me his health is more important...LOL

Mr.2005Corvette:
Bing if you come to Boston in the summer I'll take you out in my 46 foot Cigarette boat for the weekend.

Bing Chow

Rough_Rock
That's bold statement....that I could never afford one of dem fancy Corvettes. I'll let you in on a secret....come here....get closer to the monitor and be real quiet so you can hear me.....

It's not about owning the finest sport car in the world. I'm happy with what I have.

You've made yourself a real hero here tonight so my work is done. Get some sleep in your Martha Stewart sheets.

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
LadyJ We are playing nice. Can't you tell?
But really refusing a 3 carat stone? I say bunk to that...

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Bing it was all done in good taste. My hat is off to you for taking it so graciously. I could have chewed you up and spit you out but I chose to go lightly on you.

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Like I said and I am sure many will agree it's a matter of PERSONAL PREFERENCE. You can't generalize people by saying all women would want a 3ct stone to outdo their peers. All women are not created equal and apparently neither are the men.

2005corvette

Rough_Rock
Remember you said it not me....All women are not created equal...it doesn't get much better than that when a woman admits that!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results