carat
color
clarity

3.81 F - VS2 Round X X N GIA

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm really not sure. The one that similarly priced, 4.01 D, looks like a lot of defects to naked eye.

Not sure if Id know what to look for if I had an ASET to be honest lol.

Nor do I think my wife would care. She leaves it up to me. Ugh.

Yep, the 4.01 has a carbon crystal that is probably going to be visible at a very close viewing distance plus a lot of clouding. I would avoid it, personally. Which makes the 4.20 quite a catch, in comparison of the price tags.

ASET scope is rather easy to read, once you get familiar with how to properly align the diamond with the scope and use appropriate backlighting.

You want to see an image that's as close to representing this one:

Screenshot_20221102-175213.png

While looking for anomalies such as these:

Greens out at the crown or between the base of the arrow shafts indicating painting/digging, and areas of white/clear under the table (or even out at the crown) indicating areas of light leakage:

Screenshot_20221102-174733.png

images.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were my wallet (and it isn't), then I'd buy my own ASET scope kit over at datlas.com:

...and get the Ritani diamond ordered ASAP right after the ASET order goes through.
30 days to assess it before the return window closes: view it in various lighting conditions, various environments, and be able to compare it side by side with the GIA diamonds (and any others at alternate jewelry stores, if desired).
May the best one win!
...That would be my advice.
Is there a diamond from the GIA lot that has captured your eyes and attention?

If you want to give the jeweler's diamonds a chance, I agree completely!

Otherwise, I'd make it easy on yourself and just get the 4.20 F VS1. :bigsmile:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
KingsDude, does your local jeweler have an LGD upgrade program? Whether they do or do not, you should consider that as the overall value of the pricing, especially calculated as price per carat for the respective cut precision, color grade, and clarity grade of each diamond. If they do have an LGD upgrade program, then what are the details and restrictions/limitations (clearly defined in writing)?

Ritani does *not* have an upgrade program applicable to their LGDs, so once you buy it and the 30 day return period closes, then it's yours forever. That's where the self-assessment comes into play and is crucial to ensure that you are truly getting a great performing diamond in exchange for your hard earned money.

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
KingsDude, does your local jeweler have an LGD upgrade program? Whether they do or do not, you should consider that as the overall value of the pricing, especially calculated as price per carat for the respective cut precision, color grade, and clarity grade of each diamond. If they do have an LGD upgrade program, then what are the details and restrictions/limitations (clearly defined in writing)?

Ritani does *not* have an upgrade program applicable to their LGDs, so once you buy it and the 30 day return period closes, then it's yours forever. That's where the self-assessment comes into play and is crucial to ensure that you are truly getting a great performing diamond in exchange for your hard earned money.

Yeah I dont think they will. They're purchasing it from somewhere in India clearly from their messages from whatsapp.

He's pushing hard saying his are so much better but you guys would know best.

The 4.2 for 7k seems to be the best deal. The closest he has was like the 4.14 fvs2 (Gia) is 9k. Not worth it right??

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I dont think they will. They're purchasing it from somewhere in India clearly from their messages from whatsapp.

He's pushing hard saying his are so much better but you guys would know best.

The 4.2 for 7k seems to be the best deal. The closest he has was like the 4.14 fvs2 (Gia) is 9k. Not worth it right??

My advice is to at least give the 4.20 a fighting chance due to the value factor, alone. If you don't end up with a floored jaw (but I think you will!) after seeing for the first time, then send it back and work with your local jeweler on a finalized deal.

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
My advice is to at least give the 4.20 a fighting chance due to the value factor, alone. If you don't end up with a floored jaw (but I think you will!) after seeing for the first time, then send it back and work with your local jeweler on a finalized deal.

Love it. OK. Ordering today! Will need to find a Jeweller to put the ring back together.

You don't have some psychic ability to see how much prices will go down after holidays do you??

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Love it. OK. Ordering today! Will need to find a Jeweller to put the ring back together.

You don't have some psychic ability to see how much prices will go down after holidays do you??

Outstanding decision!

I wish that I did, and I don't think anyone is adequately able to, given all the global circumstances occurring that impact the diamond industry.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fantastic choice! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Boom! Diamond secured! Screenshot_20221103_192047_Gmail.jpg

Well...you know how we operate around here: it's an unwritten requirement to post a metric ton of pictures and videos once you get it. Two metrics tons worth would be better.
(welcome to the PriceScope family!) :lol-2:

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Well...you know how we operate around here: it's a unwritten requirement to post a metric ton of pictures and videos once you get it. Two metrics tons worth would be better.
(welcome to the PriceScope family!) :lol-2:

Haha yup that's the plan!! Can't wait for you guys to see it!!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Super grateful to you guys!! Anything I should ask the Jeweller? Aset?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super grateful to you guys!! Anything I should ask the Jeweller? Aset?

It looks beautiful! Yes, if the jeweler has an ASET scope, put this diamond and any of their options under the scope.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Jeweller I know, who is probably upset I'm not buying through him, is trying to disparage the stone (and ritani lol) by saying there's shadow at these locations and it'll effect the brilliance.

For me, this kind of talk is an immediate red flag. I'd be walking out and finding someone else to work with. It breaks my trust, and to me it screams "I don't value (or know) what real quality is" so why would I continue to use them and get a sub-par setting too.

Another poster recently went through a similar saga. The setting didn't turn out quite as planned and he ended up having to get a second jeweler to redo the head anyway.

Just wanted to toss that out there in case you had any doubts.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
KingsDude how are you feeling about the 4.20 so far, now that you've had it for a few days?

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
KingsDude how are you feeling about the 4.20 so far, now that you've had it for a few days?

Wife says it's really big. She's getting used to it but still concerned it's too big. It's a HUGE stone and incredibly clear! What's the going rate on this for earth made? 50k??

It's an incredible stone. It really really is. If you guys saw it in person, you'd definitely say wowza!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Yeah. HUGE stone. Not sure if she's going to be able to get used to it. We made the upgrade and still want this to be an everyday ring - not a once in awhile ring!

Jeweller charged us $500 to remount this diamond in place of the old one. Seemed a bit high considering he didn't have to do much except extend the prongs up a bit bc of the difference from a 1.8 to a 4.2!

Now I'm going to take the old 1.8 (HSI1) and get it GIA certified (old was an egl NY cert) and see if I can find a Jeweller who will buy it from me... Any other ideas? Don't want to keep an earth made diamond after seeing these lab grown! received_533068648289767.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mounted! Thoughts? received_5969129343121972.jpeg

I'm only seeing it online and I'm still saying, Wowza!! It's phenomenal! :love: It looks huge on her, but in a really good way.

I don't think $500 is too high considering they probably had to rebuild the prongs from the bottom. 1.8 to 4.2 is quite a big difference.

Once you get the 1.8 GIA-graded, you could try selling it here on the Preloved forum. Or you could forego the re-grading and just re-set it into a pendant for your wife.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - that diamond is stunning!!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
It’s absolutely incredible!!!!!!

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Getting pressure from the wife...

We agree diamond is stunning but...

Do you guys think it's too big for an everyday ring or will she get used to it???!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Getting pressure from the wife...

We agree diamond is stunning but...

Do you guys think it's too big for an everyday ring or will she get used to it???!!

Shows my wife the latest picture to get her thoughts, and here's what she said:
"It's huge. It's beautiful. I think that it needs something on the other side to balance it out, like another band or surround it with some kind of enhancer."
Maybe visit a few local jewelers and see if they have a near match to the existing band or a variety of enhancers that could be tried on, see how it looks with more meat around the solitaire's shank.

Screenshot_20221116-190616.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results