shape
carat
color
clarity

3.81 F - VS2 Round X X N GIA

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Looking to change out my wife's natural 1.77 with a 3.5+ round and I have my local jeweler who has this diamond for me.

I'm in NO RUSH so I can wait for as long as necessary, but this seems to be a pretty good deal at $10,500 for a GIA certified diamond.

I've been looking at some on GemsNY and other sites and haven't found many that are similar to this (can probably get a 3.55 G/H - VS2 IGI for around $8,200) but for an F-GIA, this seems like a pretty solid deal?

What do you all think?

Attachments

• 1428562391.pdf
    441.4 KB · Views: 59

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, KingsDude.
A 41° PA usually doesn't play very well with a 35.5° CA, so I recommend that you have it assessed with an Ideal-Scope or ASET scope to make sure there isn't any light leakage occurring.
If it were a 40.4-40.6° CA, then I'd say it would be a much safer CA/PA combination.

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Hi, KingsDude.
A 41° PA usually doesn't play very well with a 35.5° CA, so I recommend that you have it assessed with an Ideal-Scope or ASET scope to make sure there isn't any light leakage occurring.
If it were a 40.4-40.6° CA, then I'd say it would be a much safer CA/PA combination.

What an expert response!! Thank you so much for your expertise here DejaWiz. Your input is immensely appreciated!

Any other good hunts in this same realm that you like?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What an expert response!! Thank you so much for your expertise here DejaWiz. Your input is immensely appreciated!

Any other good hunts in this same realm that you like?

I'll do some scouring here in couple hours when the dust settles from work and I'm back at home.
More to come.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is HPHT with good proportions.

And a couple CVD.

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
This one is HPHT with good proportions.

And a couple CVD.

Thank you so much for the search!

I've heard some negative things about the longevity of the HPHT diamonds but you guys would know way better than I would.

Do you think those CVD's are actually better than the one I showed above for $10,500 depending on if there is leakage?

I have got the guy at Brilliance trying hard to get me to buy a comparable diamond and he keeps offering me 15% off but I would never buy something without running it by the professionals here :).

Thanks again for all of your help!! Looking forward to seeing what other options DejaWiz is able to source ;-)

[PS - you guys should charge for your services hah.. it's well worth it!]

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the search!

I've heard some negative things about the longevity of the HPHT diamonds but you guys would know way better than I would.

Do you think those CVD's are actually better than the one I showed above for $10,500 depending on if there is leakage?

I have got the guy at Brilliance trying hard to get me to buy a comparable diamond and he keeps offering me 15% off but I would never buy something without running it by the professionals here :).

Thanks again for all of your help!! Looking forward to seeing what other options DejaWiz is able to source ;-)

[PS - you guys should charge for your services hah.. it's well worth it!]

What negative things did you read about the longevity of HPHT diamonds? HPHT is the closest to how the earth produced diamonds, so I'm curious what you read.

It's highly likely that the F VS2 GIA stone you posted has leakage based on the proportions. So I do think the CVDs I posted will be better.

If you like any of the Brilliance diamonds, go ahead and post here for feedback!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it is still available. Pics will be here on Monday but the cert is attached!

I think it has tremendous potential.
You'll have to reach out to B2C and ask about availability for this specific diamond, because it may not be available in a physical sense due to their inventory being strictly virtual (like most sellers)...their website may show available, but there's no telling how often that they sync their site to their vendors stock. Since Adiamor and Javda are both showing this one as not available, then it may have been sold recently.

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
I think it has tremendous potential.
You'll have to reach out to B2C and ask about availability for this specific diamond, because it may not be available in a physical sense due to their inventory being strictly virtual (like most sellers)...their website may show available, but there's no telling how often that they sync their site to their vendors stock. Since Adiamor and Javda are both showing this one as not available, then it may have been sold recently.

I called him and he definitely told me it was available still and he's going to get me pictures on Monday. If it is available, you like this one a lot more for the price right?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I called him and he definitely told me it was available still and he's going to get me pictures on Monday. If it is available, you like this one a lot more for the price right?

If the pictures/videos do it justice, then I think it would be a winner.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Here's a link to the showcase video...Looks promising!

"friend" that's a jeweler says it's only worth $6,769 and prices are going to drop on all LGD because they're going to their own "rap sheet".

Is this true story? IMG-20220617-WA0005.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
"friend" that's a jeweler says it's only worth $6,769 and prices are going to drop on all LGD because they're going to their own "rap sheet".

Is this true story? IMG-20220617-WA0005.jpg

Who knows? Nobody does, definitively.
LGD will continue to drop over time, but with the ongoing pandemic that has resulted in supply constraints of LGD rough and labor shortages for cut and polishing, the market is next to impossible to predict right now. If another strain comes about and ends up being a particularly nasty one, then diamonds prices could increase a good bit. It's all guesswork right now.
If you like what you see at the going prices today, then be a buyer.
If you want to hang back and see how the market plays out over the next 6, 9, 12, or 18 months, then wait.
No wrong choice, as diamonds will always be available.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who knows? Nobody does, definitively.
LGD will continue to drop over time, but with the ongoing pandemic that has resulted in supply constraints of LGD rough and labor shortages for cut and polishing, the market is next to impossible to predict right now. If another strain comes about and ends up being a particularly nasty one, then diamonds prices could increase a good bit. It's all guesswork right now.

This

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
You called it! Definitely sold already.

Not in a rush at all and definitely want a "DejaWiz Certified Diamond ©"

Bummer...that's the most frustrating thing with virtual inventory: many sellers that list them don't adequately refresh their data feeds to see which diamonds come and go from their suppliers.

We'll help you with the hunt!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
KingsDude, jump on the horn with FD and confirm availability then put it on hold/reserve immediately...or just buy it!

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
KingsDude, jump on the horn with FD and confirm availability then put it on hold/reserve immediately...or just buy it!

You like this one better than above even though it's about 10% smaller (3.81 vs 3.52)?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Looking to change out my wife's natural 1.77 with a 3.5+ round and I have my local jeweler who has this diamond for me.

I'm in NO RUSH so I can wait for as long as necessary, but this seems to be a pretty good deal at $10,500 for a GIA certified diamond.

I've been looking at some on GemsNY and other sites and haven't found many that are similar to this (can probably get a 3.55 G/H - VS2 IGI for around $8,200) but for an F-GIA, this seems like a pretty solid deal?

What do you all think?

Hey Dude, Welcome to PriceScope.

You have come to the right place to source a great performing diamond for your budget.

Just so you will be informed; all GIA graded diamonds as triple EX do not guarantee the absolute best cut or performance.

IGI grading is pretty accurate based on certain vendor expert opinions. So be sure you check the diamond with the Holloway Cut Advisor which is an elimination tool. Then you will need to get an ASET image and an Ideal Scope image to check for any leakage.

Also an eye clean SI1 or VS2 can save you some $$. With your budget you can probably find an excellent performing 4c stone that will face up icy white and eye clean. If you search for a G/F SI1/VS2. The process for proving a stone is an excellent performing diamond is the same no matter which company graded the diamond.

Also if you choose an IGI graded stone you can probably pay the extra to have the vendor send it to GIA to get their cert. as well.

Good luck with your search. Deja and Kim N are great at sourcing the best stones.

Last edited:

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Going to re-up this thread towards end of summer I think. A friend that's an antique jeweler trader (also custom design etc) firmly believes that LGD pricing is going to come down toward end of summer because they're going on their own rap sheet.

Of course if an amazing deal comes along, I'll be here, but it's not a rush and it's probably worth waiting for since the new variants seem to have little impact and I imagine summer is prime season for diamond upgrades / new purchases.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Going to re-up this thread towards end of summer I think. A friend that's an antique jeweler trader (also custom design etc) firmly believes that LGD pricing is going to come down toward end of summer because they're going on their own rap sheet.

Of course if an amazing deal comes along, I'll be here, but it's not a rush and it's probably worth waiting for since the new variants seem to have little impact and I imagine summer is prime season for diamond upgrades / new purchases.

That's a good plan...never hurts to wait and see what unfolds in these weird times.

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
That's a good plan...never hurts to wait and see what unfolds in these weird times.

Looks like prices have started to go down. Will be starting search soon. :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Looks like prices have started to go down. Will be starting search soon. :)

Seemed there was a slight uptick a couple/few weeks ago, and prices have come back down to where they were just before that. Definitely a good time to start looking!

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz thoughts on these? Haven't gotten pricing yet but want to guess???

IMG-20221101-WA0004.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20221101-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20221101-WA0003.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 14
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results