shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.48ct OEC + 0.3ct asscher modern Toi et Moi ring - 6 years in the making!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@Pomelo I noticed on the new CAD your asscher cut is slightly lower, where as before it looked to be an even height. Has this change bothered you at all?

I much prefer it lower because it sits so close to the finger and is very comfortable. Previously it jutted out slightly which bugged me, so the lower setting of the asscher is by design.

How I think about this setting is that it’s 90% of a traditional ring in its construction (ie 90% of a full band).

Are you thinking of having one made? ^_^

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
I much prefer it lower because it sits so close to the finger and is very comfortable. Previously it jutted out slightly which bugged me, so the lower setting of the asscher is by design.

How I think about this setting is that it’s 90% of a traditional ring in its construction (ie 90% of a full band).

I’m currently working on one, but it is 2 asscher cut (3.6 carat green tourmaline and 1 carat lab diamond). I got the CAD and the smaller stone is sitting lower. So I’m glad to have your input!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I’m currently working on one, but it is 2 asscher cut (3.6 carat green tourmaline and 1 carat lab diamond). I got the CAD and the smaller stone is sitting lower. So I’m glad to have your input!

Ahhh cannot wait to see this!! Can you share your CAD? How are you setting the asschers? Love the combo of green tourmaline and diamond!

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
Ahhh cannot wait to see this!! Can you share your CAD? How are you setting the asschers? Love the combo of green tourmaline and diamond!

I will post the CAD as soon as it is finished. It is based on yours in terms of an open bezel, but with a few extra connection points. Both stones will be set to look square in white gold. I have a platinum ring, but have found the metal to be too soft. I looked as turning one, but it did not look right. I love how you turned your asscher!!!!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I always wear it with the OEC on the LHS (closer to the pinky) because of the way that my fingers curve downwards on the palm if that makes sense? If it's worn the other way, I find it visually imbalanced.

Please excuse the terrible lighting in my study (!)

1664055856805.png
1664055871426.png

I feel bad to hijack the stack thread...

I like it both ways, but you wear it however you like. Nice LOVE ring too and it pairs well with the big ring.

Oh, and yes that is a 5-stone ring. I cannot stand the though of touching diamonds/gems every time I take it off or put it on. haha.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I feel bad to hijack the stack thread...

I like it both ways, but you wear it however you like. Nice LOVE ring too and it pairs well with the big ring.

Oh, and yes that is a 5-stone ring. I cannot stand the though of touching diamonds/gems every time I take it off or put it on. haha.

Thanks! I had been eyeing up that Stephen Webster x Tracey Emin Neon ‘Love’ line since it came out it 2016 but only got it yesterday as a pre-loved piece.

What’s annoying is that the listing didn’t say there’s one deficient diamond but for the price I paid, I’ll keep it regardless and just get it fixed by my jeweller :lol:

Haha good point on the 5 stone, what size are the diamonds and how do you feel about the finger coverage?

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I had been eyeing up that Stephen Webster x Tracey Emin Neon ‘Love’ line since it came out it 2016 but only got it yesterday as a pre-loved piece.

What’s annoying is that the listing didn’t say there’s one deficient diamond but for the price I paid, I’ll keep it regardless and just get it fixed by my jeweller :lol:

Haha good point on the 5 stone, what size are the diamonds and how do you feel about the finger coverage?

Enjoy your new ring. SW has done many exciting designs with gemstones, such as the thorn embrace hoops. Don't care for the catchy names or celebrity endorsements but I do like his designs. Do you like his aesthetic?

It's made up of 20 point stones. I'm not much of a band person and have even considered reusing the diamonds for something else. It fits my thumb (it needs love too) and is a fun "filler" to pair with the bigger rings, a keeper for now, hehe.

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock

What is the height difference between your 2 stones? I’m going back and forth on whether to make them equal height or not.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this is one of my favorite rings ever and you wear it so beautifully! Thanks for sharing! :love::love::love:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy your new ring. SW has done many exciting designs with gemstones, such as the thorn embrace hoops. Don't care for the catchy names or celebrity endorsements but I do like his designs. Do you like his aesthetic?

It's made up of 20 point stones. I'm not much of a band person and have even considered reusing the diamonds for something else. It fits my thumb (it needs love too) and is a fun "filler" to pair with the bigger rings, a keeper for now, hehe.

Interesting that you don’t like bands - can I ask why?

I like Stephen Webster’s more minimalist designs - as you know, we’re opposites in that I’m a colour-phobe :lol: I love colours on others, just not myself!

I did like the ring he made for Megan Fox, and have admired / wanted to own a piece of Tracey Emin’s art for a while (just a print, I can’t afford anything else :D). Her exhibition at the White Cube gallery in 2019 was evocative and left an impression on me.

If we’re talking about SW, I have to mention Shaun Leane!! His aesthetic is similar to SW but I prefer Shaun’s designs - they feel more raw, more edgy. I have been eyeing up this earring to wear as a fierce single earring

D751121D-C5FB-4EE8-B8D1-E89053CB9C21.png

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
What is the height difference between your 2 stones? I’m going back and forth on whether to make them equal height or not.

Not sure to be honest, a couple of mm?

I found it more comfortable to wear when they weren’t at an equal height, but my stones are significantly different in size to each other. If your stones are more similar in size (depth) then it’s easier to make them equal height.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Interesting that you don’t like bands - can I ask why?

I like Stephen Webster’s more minimalist designs - as you know, we’re opposites in that I’m a colour-phobe :lol: I love colours on others, just not myself!

I did like the ring he made for Megan Fox, and have admired / wanted to own a piece of Tracey Emin’s art for a while (just a print, I can’t afford anything else :D). Her exhibition at the White Cube gallery in 2019 was evocative and left an impression on me.

If we’re talking about SW, I have to mention Shaun Leane!! His aesthetic is similar to SW but I prefer Shaun’s designs - they feel more raw, more edgy. I have been eyeing up this earring to wear as a fierce single earring

D751121D-C5FB-4EE8-B8D1-E89053CB9C21.png

I just don't have strong feeling for bands and prefer to use the $ for something, how to say...more imaginative?

Oh yes, Shaun Leane. Still remember his clever Aurora rings. Good thing that purple and pink aren't my things, otherwise...

How about this Vram earring?

v.jpg

Gonna read about Tracey Emin now, thanks.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I managed to capture a nice video of my ring this morning :)

your OEC ring is just fabulousness!!! i love the tweaks to - must be so much comfier

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I just don't have strong feeling for bands and prefer to use the $ for something, how to say...more imaginative?

Oh yes, Shaun Leane. Still remember his clever Aurora rings. Good thing that purple and pink aren't my things, otherwise...

How about this Vram earring?

v.jpg

Gonna read about Tracey Emin now, thanks.

Ooh yes, although not one for my personal collection cos it won’t have enough contrast against my dark hair! Going to stalk more Vram though!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
your OEC ring is just fabulousness!!! i love the tweaks to - must be so much comfier

Hehe thanks! Yes, it’s a real carefree pleasure to wear it every day cos I don’t have to worry about bashing it :lol:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Ooh yes, although not one for my personal collection cos it won’t have enough contrast against my dark hair! Going to stalk more Vram though!

It's made of 2 green tourmalines. You said that you aren't into gemstones so I I decided to post this picture. I guess they must be super shifty.

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
Not sure to be honest, a couple of mm?

I found it more comfortable to wear when they weren’t at an equal height, but my stones are significantly different in size to each other. If your stones are more similar in size (depth) then it’s easier to make them equal height.

It is here and from the top I love everything about it! However, it is way too tall. The jeweler left a lot of unnecessary open space underneath. So I have to work on that. But here she is!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @DorotheaBrooke!

Adding another pic here to indulge myself :lol:

25D1DD13-37B9-4161-8FAB-FA2C7D6F85C0.jpeg

So what's it like being the owner and designer of the baddest e ring on the planet?!? Gosh I love this ring so much. I keep coming back to stare at your photos. I'm currently trying to nail down the design for my new e ring and can't stop thinking about yours!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Well, we're hoping to see a lot more when it comes back! That is a piece.

I have a cuff/moi et toi ring by Daniel M. Two really crappy yellow moissys in gold on a silver band. I wear it all the time. It can be stretched for different fingers and the negative space is so appealing. And it plays well with others. I'm planning another one, not anything as amazing as yours. Who did your ring?

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock

I have a cuff/moi et toi ring by Daniel M. Two really crappy yellow moissys in gold on a silver band. I wear it all the time. It can be stretched for different fingers and the negative space is so appealing. And it plays well with others. I'm planning another one, not anything as amazing as yours. Who did your ring?

It was actually done by a jeweler on Etsy!

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock

I would love to see it!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
1667691509768.png Daniel M. pulled these awful yellow/green/gray moissys out of earrings and made this ring. The band is argentium silver and I can squeeze and tug to accommodate different fingers. It's so comfy and I love the negative space, I stack it a lot.
I'm crazy about Daniel M., poor man, he's so busy these days.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

OMG love this!! Can’t wait for more pics when it comes back from your jewellers.

Out of interest, do you wear it with a wedding band? I’ve switched my band to my right hand so as to visually keep the negative space

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
So what's it like being the owner and designer of the baddest e ring on the planet?!? Gosh I love this ring so much. I keep coming back to stare at your photos. I'm currently trying to nail down the design for my new e ring and can't stop thinking about yours!

Haha thank you! Happy to discuss design ideas if you’d like a sounding board!

(I have to caveat that I’m traveling a lot for the next couple of months so may not be quick at responding, sorry…)

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
1667691509768.png Daniel M. pulled these awful yellow/green/gray moissys out of earrings and made this ring. The band is argentium silver and I can squeeze and tug to accommodate different fingers. It's so comfy and I love the negative space, I stack it a lot.
I'm crazy about Daniel M., poor man, he's so busy these days.

So cool that your ring is flexible enough to be worn on different fingers!! Do you have any modeling pics? What an awesome design too

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Haha thank you! Happy to discuss design ideas if you’d like a sounding board!

(I have to caveat that I’m traveling a lot for the next couple of months so may not be quick at responding, sorry…)

Why thank you! I don't think I'm gutsy enough to go for it just yet, maybe my next ring ; )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results