shape
carat
color
clarity

3.44 Emerald Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/16/2008 2:09:02 AM
Author: Abbey

Date: 8/16/2008 1:42:44 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 8/16/2008 1:34:13 AM

Just out of curiosity...do you think that this is a good representation of what I''ll see in real life?

The only way would be to see a D step cut in the same photos

Ahhh, that totally makes sense. Since I''m not considering a ''D'', but am considering a G....What do you think about the jump for G to H in a step cut? Is it a bigger ''step'' visually than from G to H in a round cut?
According to a 6month old rap sheet here in my desk at home, the difference for VS2 3ct fancies dropping to this colour is:
E 7%
F 7%
G 11%
H 20%
I 20%
J 18%

That is to say that the market is pricing the drop from G to H and H to I in this size and clarity at 20% each. I think that is fair and resonable, because the drop from D to E of 7% is only rarity - you can not see the difference, only ''know it''.

That is the jump

abbey

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/16/2008 2:38:14 AM
Date: 8/16/2008 2:09:02 AM

Date: 8/16/2008 1:42:44 AM

Date: 8/16/2008 1:34:13 AM

Just out of curiosity...do you think that this is a good representation of what I''ll see in real life?

The only way would be to see a D step cut in the same photos

Ahhh, that totally makes sense. Since I''m not considering a ''D'', but am considering a G....What do you think about the jump for G to H in a step cut? Is it a bigger ''step'' visually than from G to H in a round cut?
According to a 6month old rap sheet here in my desk at home, the difference for VS2 3ct fancies dropping to this colour is:

E 7%

F 7%

G 11%

H 20%

I 20%

J 18%

That is to say that the market is pricing the drop from G to H and H to I in this size and clarity at 20% each. I think that is fair and resonable, because the drop from D to E of 7% is only rarity - you can not see the difference, only ''know it''.

That is the jump

Oh boy, I think I need to stop obsessing and wait until i "see" it...if that''s possible. I''m so confused now.
26.gif
I have to apologize because I''m not totally understanding this post.
Are you saying that you don''t think there would be visual difference between the G and H step cut or the D and E?
Thank you so much for all your help and expert opinions.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

No, I am saying the market, the world, the people buying, pay 20% more for G than H, and the reason why is people can see the difference.

But you now need to wait and see it, and if you are worried by the colour then expect to pay a fair bit more Abbey

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2008 2:54:22 AM

Oh boy, I think I need to stop obsessing and wait until i 'see' it...if that's possible. I'm so confused now.
26.gif
I have to apologize because I'm not totally understanding this post.
Are you saying that you don't think there would be visual difference between the G and H step cut or the D and E?
I agree.

Instead of going into it "expecting" it to show color (and believing that is a bad thing, when in reality, it's not bad, just personal preferences), just look at it for what it is said to be. A beautiful, sparkley diamond.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2008 11:17:48 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/16/2008 2:54:22 AM

Oh boy, I think I need to stop obsessing and wait until i ''see'' it...if that''s possible. I''m so confused now.
26.gif
I have to apologize because I''m not totally understanding this post.
Are you saying that you don''t think there would be visual difference between the G and H step cut or the D and E?
I agree.

Instead of going into it ''expecting'' it to show color (and believing that is a bad thing, when in reality, it''s not bad, just personal preferences), just look at it for what it is said to be. A beautiful, sparkley diamond.
2.gif
Indeedy!
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results