shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.14ct OMB in hand-forged halo setting by Mark at ERD

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, everyone! I'm really enjoying this ring and wear it every day, despite my initial plan to wear it only for special occasions. :bigsmile: The diamond is very lively and fiery, and sparkles in a very different way than my round -- it has a slower flash but larger "panes" of brightness, which really appeals to me. I love me some chunk! :love:

I really grappled with exactly HOW to set this cushion. I had considered a plain solitaire, a halo with a plain shank, and in a moment of temporary insanity I even thought about a double halo (yikes!!). I think I was reaching for ways to make this ring more unique -- I had a mental block against doing the ole tried-and-true halo that is soooo immensely popular here on PS. But in the end, I came to my senses and realized that, hey, if I like HW halos, then that's what I like! Why fight it? Anyway I don't know anyone IRL who has a HW-esque cushion halo, nor does it seem to be an especially popular style here in my region (SF Bay Area). Odd that HW halos are so prevalent on PS, but not in real life!

Some of you mentioned sadness at my round with side pears being sold. I sold the center round but I do still have the setting, with the sidestones :D I DID love that ring, oh boy did I love it! But in the 5-6 years since I bought it, I grew curious and interested in other cuts and styles. It felt like a natural evolution. My general style and aesthetics (clothing, handbags, etc) have also evolved a bit since then. It was just time to try something new! In another 5-6 years, I'm pretty sure I'll be selling THIS ring and exploring a new interest -- I've been very curious about emerald cuts and would looooove an EC solitaire with a simple brushed platinum shank someday! :naughty:

Burk -- I totally agree! Cushions and halos just seem to go hand-in-hand!
TravelingGal -- aw, thanks girl! I was really surprised to find out that ERD offers hand-forged work, and actually has been doing so for quite some time now.
Enerchi -- When I look down, I feel the same thing. I feel really lucky to have this little art treasure on my hand!
Mara -- definitely no DSS. Halos add so much spread! And what's so wrong about giving you ideas? :naughty:
Armywife13 -- yes the finger coverage is pretty incredible. ::) No complaints here!
Diamondseeker2006 -- Aw, thanks for the kind words about my LM ring. I really loved and enjoyed that piece!
hawaiianorangetree -- Thank you! I was a leeeettle bit nervous that the spread of the stone with halo would be too much for my finger size, but I actually think it works!
Missy -- It'll be 11 years in a few months. 8) Thanks for the kind words!
Yennyfire -- I kept the old setting but the center diamond was sold to a local jewelry shop. I hope the new owner loves it as much as I did!
SparklyOEC, Laila619, momtoboys, bright ice, ooo-Shiney, Phdecorate, lknvrb4, Mayk, tanj, ame, Dani, Farmergal, Lotus99, Circe, Canuk-gal -- thank you SO much! You are all very kind. :))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, this ring is spectacular!!! thanks for sharing the in-the-making photos...it is so neat to see how the rings are made. I also loved your RB with pears ring...but I understand wanting a change :) Will you set a colored stone in that setting?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful ring!!! I love the elongated stone and that setting is PERFECTION :love: :love: :love:

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
WOW! That is so, so gorgeous. Huge congrats on your new stunner!! :love:

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! Gorgeous ring and looks perfect and huge on your finger! Congrats on almost 11 years!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it's amazing!!! The stone is downright mesmerizing, and the setting is gorgeous - congrats!!!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I think what you did is SO classic and beautiful. It really lets the stone be the star but adds a little bit of umph! Absolutely gorgeous!! (on a side note, I thought I was the only person on earth who was particular about the donut to table height. I love low settings!)

THAT one is a keeper! :cheeky: :cheeky:

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
omg what a gorgeous ring and TDF rock!! :love:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting! I had no idea ERD produces hand forged settings also. Thanks for sharing KD.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
AMAZEBALLS.

:love: :love: :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow KD, it's simply stunning! Looks amazing on you, gorgeous stone, setting, everything!! congrats...

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
The cushion is out of this world! As much as I loved your round with pears? I gotta say this was a smart move!! Perfection! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! And a large gemstone in your three stone mount would be divine.

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Lovely stone, congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a beauty!!! :love:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is just beautiful! :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, KD! The stone is gorgeous, and Mark did a great job. I love it.

D

Deactivated member 42515

So yummmmmmy

elisekelly

Rough_Rock
Ahhh your ring is gorgeous!! simply spectacular... The finger coverage is just divine. I had no idea that ERD did hand-forged settings.

If you don't mind, could you give me a ballpark range of how much your setting cost? My SO and I are planning to get engaged by the end of the year and have started to look for rings. We met with Victor Canera, who also does hand-forged settings and were quoted around $5000 for a hand forged setting with a 2 carat cushion center stone. It's nice to know that there are other options besides Victor, although I liked him very much when we met with him.

Thanks for your help!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Didn't know ERD was making hand-forged rings, is that a new thing?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!! It's stunning!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow, what an incredible stone and setting!!! Stunning!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: Happy Anniversary Kristy! :appl: the car shots are amazing, be careful when driving!!! :D

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Antique stones are so charming. I love the classic setting too!

Congrats!!

Anne

Stunning! :love:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
That looks great! Love the faceting on the stone and the work in progress shots.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, I can't imagine anything better. Stunning stone, gorgeous setting, yup it's pretty much perfection. :love:

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
so lovely and elegant.

what are your impressions on the lm vs. erd settings (quality, workmanship, etc) as well the process of creating your rings?

Lai761

Rough_Rock
OMG so gorgeous! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results