shape
carat
color
clarity

3.11 fancy gray diamond. Setting ideas?!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Uh oh.. the more I wear it the more I do wonder if I’d rather wear it as a ring... oh no..

(Whispers): ring-dant:shhh:

Love the color of this diamond, love the rose gold bezel idea.
But I also think it's pretty great like it is...sliding on a cool, textural , rose gold chain.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The three bezeled diamonds in the video could be a ring, of course.

_

digressing: JA has the best grays - nb. D8203600 (D/I1 or FLG/VS1 IMHO)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I love his furry paws!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful and you wear it so well! Congrats on that find.

I see your bracelet still with you - did it not sell? I somehow thought that it did.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful and you wear it so well! Congrats on that find.

I see your bracelet still with you - did it not sell? I somehow thought that it did.

The sale fell through :/ I think I forgot to update my listing. At this point though I no longer need to raise funds so I may just keep it since none of the offers I got were that tempting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also do people find they feel compelled to clean their larger diamonds more often than smaller ones? This may need to stay a pendant so I don’t wash it constantly because I swear I can see it get dirty faster than my smaller stones. Am I crazy?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clean all of mine often but I guess the larger the area, the more telling the smudging/grease might show.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also do people find they feel compelled to clean their larger diamonds more often than smaller ones? This may need to stay a pendant so I don’t wash it constantly because I swear I can see it get dirty faster than my smaller stones. Am I crazy?

i think they get dirty equally quickly but you see the smudges better as MGR said. i keep a toothbrush in the sink and give my ring a quick clean every day or two, my pendant gets a clean every couple of weeks and earrings (i have some teensy diamond studs for 2nd holes) shamefully rarely get a clean.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

Nope, not crazy. I clean mine at least once a day, but honestly probably more!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a ring that would be!

Haha maybe someday.. right now I have too many rings!
Not to mention all the handwashing these days and concerns about fomites I’m not really wearing my rings out much. :/

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll take good news when I get it so I thought I’d share some progress pics of the pendant/brooch setting. The blue is wax that will be replaced with rose gold.
8F1A9A53-90B1-4341-9CA2-3E5EE9D7A615.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart!
:love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I actually love it as it is, as a pendant.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! He still
Had to figure out how to cut the center bezel into the shell since I wanted an open back to the bezel for cleaning. I have faith it’ll work out!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a yummy project!! Gorgeous stone

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a yummy project!! Gorgeous stone

Thanks! The tough part is that even after the settting is done I have to wait for my bench in philly to open as I didn’t want to ship out my diamond to a vendor I’ve never worked with before. So...yeah. Guess that’s how I’ll be celebrating end of pandemic!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its bigger and heavier than I was imaging. It’s 13 grams!
But I’m finding I like the size a lot.
Wearing it pinned to a fabric bracelet for now.

I’ll likely wear it like this even after setting it. I like that it’s so flexible! Pendant, pin, bracelet, choker!

98AEF930-E070-4569-B0BF-52985AD13377.jpeg 3EC9E42B-77C0-483A-AC95-90CA97C2CC20.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results