shape
carat
color
clarity

3.11 fancy gray diamond. Setting ideas?!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He does!

Also, suggestions for chains for this pendant? I’d like to do something interesting..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today’s permutation:
I shortened my dbty (yay for wire!)
And tied a bracelet for the diamond.
F1CCBFA0-C83B-490D-8A3F-13DF2922CF23.jpeg

It looks so pretty in the tied bracelet...but it’s giving me anxiety thinking you could wear it and it can get lose and fall off!
I think whatever you do make sure the chain and clasp is strong and not thin..Hopefully someone will have a good idea. @JPie has a beautiful chain that’s open and very pretty. She may have some ideas..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something like this? This one’s 9K, vintage ‘70s from an online auction. @MakingTheGrade if this is your cup of tea, I can keep an eye out.

B1AB557F-9DA0-41D3-B009-7A6E7711939A.jpeg

That’s it! The scale is perfect too! I LOVE the pendant and chain. It’s perfect..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like this? This one’s 9K, vintage ‘70s from an online auction. @MakingTheGrade if this is your cup of tea, I can keep an eye out.

Ooo that looks awesome. And safe to wear! Haha. Since the original chain for the bezel broke I’m also wary of getting anything too thin or fragile!

Although given the size and weight of this pendant I’m pretty confident that I’d notice if it dropped, unlike some of my smaller pendants and necklaces.

Any idea on how much this type of chain would cost?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo that looks awesome. And safe to wear! Haha. Since the original chain for the bezel broke I’m also wary of getting anything too thin or fragile!

Although given the size and weight of this pendant I’m pretty confident that I’d notice if it dropped, unlike some of my smaller pendants and necklaces.

Any idea on how much this type of chain would cost?

It was about $330 with the buyer’s premium and shipping

I’ve seen similar paper clip chains, but those usually come in higherkarat gold. @GildedLane has them from time to time, and Susan Siegel definitely does.

When I inquired last March 2019, she quoted $850 for the larger links in 16”, and the smaller links for $550 in 18”. For comparison, my chain is 31”.

FC6424B7-5826-4312-A638-68E5990B5910.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This gold chain from an estate seller caught my eye. It’s yellow and not rose but I don’t really mind mixing metals and 30” seems to be a tricky length to find. It wasn’t very pricey so I got it. At 30” if I don’t like it I can double it and wear it as a choker :)

D04F2B10-29A7-4A0F-9B8C-313D518BC8CF.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This gold chain from an estate seller caught my eye. It’s yellow and not rose but I don’t really mind mixing metals and 30” seems to be a tricky length to find. It wasn’t very pricey so I got it. At 30” if I don’t like it I can double it and wear it as a choker :)

D04F2B10-29A7-4A0F-9B8C-313D518BC8CF.jpeg

That’s pretty @MakingTheGrade! It would even be pretty by itself. Check out Ruby Lane...They have some great things...

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: He is the best!

I actually love it with the DBTY style chain you paired it with. My suggestion when I started going through this thread was going to be to have your stone paired with the black MOP and some white diamond pave bits! This pendant is big and bold and I like the idea of having a blingy chain to go with it. Is it possible to do a pave chain, I wonder?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love it with the DBTY style chain you paired it with. My suggestion when I started going through this thread was going to be to have your stone paired with the black MOP and some white diamond pave bits! This pendant is big and bold and I like the idea of having a blingy chain to go with it. Is it possible to do a pave chain, I wonder?

I like it on this chain too although I had to jerry rig it a bit to be shorter than the 36” it was.

I thought I’d do a shimmery chain first. I actually don’t want it TOO blingy since I have fairly blingy rings that I wear and a diamond bangle as well. And I like to layer my necklaces so it’s a lot of total carat weight already haha.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Your pendant is beautiful and your cat is adorable!

I like it on this chain too although I had to jerry rig it a bit to be shorter than the 36” it was.

I thought I’d do a shimmery chain first. I actually don’t want it TOO blingy since I have fairly blingy rings that I wear and a diamond bangle as well. And I like to layer my necklaces so it’s a lot of total carat weight already haha.

I think you could still do quite a nice subtle shimmery chain if you don’t want it to be too blingy (though in my vocabulary, there is no such thing!) To me a chunky chain and a shimmery chain are two different types of looks, the former is more “edgy” and industrial, the latter is more elegant and glam. I do think that pairing it with a fabric choker is edgy and cool as well, so perhaps the shimmery chain is nice in order to get two different types of styles?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe once malls reopen and I get the diamond set I definitely plan to try out some different chains in stores! I do miss being able to try things out in person!

joelly

Ideal_Rock

this is my cup of tea too. Oh wow you’re so lucky! That pendant is everything!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results