shape
carat
color
clarity

3.11 fancy gray diamond. Setting ideas?!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found an Etsy artist who works with MoP and says he can probably have it done in 2 weeks. Fast! We will see how this goes.

Even if I get it in the next 3 weeks I probably won’t be able to reset it until covid passes and my local jeweler is back. I didn’t feel comfortable shipping this diamond out to a small independent jeweler I don’t have any experience with ..

have you thought about the possibility of them doing something convertible? Like the MOP part is removable so you can still wear RG part on your wrist or by itself on a chain?
Have no clue of the logistics tho!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you thought about the possibility of them doing something convertible? Like the MOP part is removable so you can still wear RG part on your wrist or by itself on a chain?
Have no clue of the logistics tho!

I thought about it but decided against too many moving pieces just for loss prevention. I couldn’t think of a super secure mechanism I’d trust with something this expensive. I’m already a little nervous about a brooch! I’m likely going to have a pendant loop put in the back just make it super secure as a pendant.

As a pin I can wear it on a choker or fabric bracelet too :)

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Va va VOOM, baby!

Looks fabulous, @MakingTheGrade - extremely je ne sais quoi! I'm not sure if you remember Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy - John Jr's wife - but this sort of look reminds me of her - all that 'throwaway elegance'. I love the look of a plain platinum bezel with the rose gold chain, and adding the DBTY in rose takes it right over the top.

Love it.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cat pics are my FAV!!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It really looks great as is with its rose bale on a long chain!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Love the rose gold. I'm so loving that diamond!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the rose gold. I'm so loving that diamond!

Me too! I'm excited to see it in a rose gold bezel.
I"m hoping the MoP setting won't alter the look too much aside from adding just a little bit of oomph and interest. And a wee bit more size so that it doesn't get lost on a longer chain and can be a pin too :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all these updates from vendors, I'm really glad I got my Shale diamond before things shut down. Also glad I went with a temp bezel setting, might end up being "Temp" for quite awhile since I refuse to ship the diamond out for setting and will only trust my local jeweler...whose office is currently closed...

Hoping the best for all our vendors in terms of their safety and continued success despite restrictions.

Reactions: AV_

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Wow just want to say I love it! And call dibs. Lol

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Done! I believe you're the first to call dibs. Lol

AV_

Ideal_Rock

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
I would turn it into a ring myself. But then I'm biased towards rings in general.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would turn it into a ring myself. But then I'm biased towards rings in general.

I usually am and am now in a position where I have more rings than fingers! Haha.
Also with all the handwashing I’m happy to have a pendant. For now.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also being on a sliding knot means I can easily also wear it as a wrap bracelet and adjust the length easily and drastically.

Hehe it actually goes longer than the neck photos show but I’m trying to keep things G rated lol.

A04DE8E8-A60D-4079-8880-47415D45259D.jpeg F10B1468-CF23-484F-B288-C67A8295978E.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results