shape
carat
color
clarity

3.11 fancy gray diamond. Setting ideas?!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been a tough Monday but this was certainly a nice pick me up!

3.11 GIA fancy gray diamond. Bought from JA who rated it “ideal” cut.

Would love ideas and inspirations for pendant/brooch designs! It’s a bit too big for a ring for me and I already have my daily wear bracelets..

Will take nicer pics later but too excited not to share a few now :)

A81D41DF-619B-49B5-A1AA-0BD375E71515.jpeg AD657272-3B3E-4AB6-A883-524739243BEE.jpeg 1E642370-4EFC-4C21-9F27-CF6703891B14.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very cool! Of course I love the idea of a brooch!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, It’s really beautiful and big! I kinda like it in the bezel (personal bias). I might add milgrain and make it a stationary shorter choker, that looks so current and edgy (and you’re cool) and keeps it close when you’re with patients. I wish my Drs had beautiful bling to ogle. :lol: I also love the idea of rhodium colored metalwork too. Can’t wait to see what you do with Grey!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m speechless!!! It’s so HUGE and beautiful!!! I love it layered the way you have it with Beau’s paw pendant...An engraved bezel would look beautiful too...Your idea of a combo brooch/pendant would give you more wear..OMG DF03FE74-4255-4E13-B745-8515B7286FA4.gif

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Whatta COUP!

I would wish for a softer shaped bezel (attached this way? WWW), maybe - maybe finished to point out the gray, but the current 'pipe' suits the colour.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I Love ❤️ it so much!!!!! Wow!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond is much bigger than I thought it’d be. Having trouble figuring out designs. Lol

It would be awesome in an Art Deco design but I don't know if you like that style.

I could see it in the middle of something like this...

Attachments

• IMG_2206[1].jpg
    IMG_2206[1].jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 31

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.... the chain is quite delicate and it got caught on my bangle and snapped :/

D7CDFCB4-3E07-4A23-9065-EEA922A56CDC.jpeg

But I have lots of wiring wrapping stuff so I made a temp loop since the setting is so open so I can still wear it until I can ship it back for repairs.

I like how it looks much better on a longer chain.
AEA0A869-4DC6-4F93-9C91-FA77802FBD29.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatta COUP!

I would wish for a softer shaped bezel (attached this way? WWW), maybe - maybe finished to point out the gray, but the current 'pipe' suits the colour.

Ooo I love this!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Frankly, it is not too big for a ring, but I woudl do that kind of necklace with some gunmetal involved - I am possibly too fond of this black iron, but just about any way too - the fealty dark sets off anything splendindly.

rant

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankly, it is not too big for a ring, but I woudl do that kind of necklace with some gunmetal involved - I am possibly too fond of this black iron, but just about any way too - the fealty dark sets off anything splendindly.

rant

Oh I just meant too big for my tastes on me. I feel like rounds this size makes my chubby hands look chubbier!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am not seeing what you are seeing. It fits.

I'd do something like the Elipse by Cartier (I only like that kind of ring; - digressing: Boone has an 'elipse' & plays with grayer metals)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
more digression: likely an original 1920s version of the mentioned necklace - www , there are few around for reference

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
more digression: likely an original 1920s version of the mentioned necklace - www , there are few around for reference

Oh I loooooove it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I just meant too big for my tastes on me. I feel like rounds this size makes my chubby hands look chubbier!

tut tut
you have lovelly hands

i adore your grey dismond and can't wait to see what you do with it
...a small piece of me with 1980s remnants, wants to see it it rose gold

but i like the ideas mentioned above about black rhodium

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
So.... the chain is quite delicate and it got caught on my bangle and snapped :/

But I have lots of wiring wrapping stuff so I made a temp loop since the setting is so open so I can still wear it until I can ship it back for repairs.

I was going to say have it as a choker but I love how it looks on a long chain. You just need something more sturdy that isn't going to snap whilst you wait on a final design idea. Some sort of necklace or some sort of shawl pin or coat pin sounds like it could be awesome.

Also regarding long chains, be slightly careful... I had some long chains and I lost them. Couldn't find them... Looked everywhere. A few years later (literally) a rarely worn dress for special occasions came out of my wardrobe and out fell the chains... They'd clearly come right over my head with the clothing and I hadn't noticed. I'd only worn it briefly so it hadn't gone into the wash... Probably not a bad thing...!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

No! Did they provide the chain? It’s probably because it’s so huge and heavy..lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say have it as a choker but I love how it looks on a long chain. You just need something more sturdy that isn't going to snap whilst you wait on a final design idea. Some sort of necklace or some sort of shawl pin or coat pin sounds like it could be awesome.

Also regarding long chains, be slightly careful... I had some long chains and I lost them. Couldn't find them... Looked everywhere. A few years later (literally) a rarely worn dress for special occasions came out of my wardrobe and out fell the chains... They'd clearly come right over my head with the clothing and I hadn't noticed. I'd only worn it briefly so it hadn't gone into the wash... Probably not a bad thing...!

Oh don’t worry this chain doesn’t fit over my very big head lol.

Because if the size I think it’d make for an awesome pin/pendant convertible. The trick is finding the right size balance that would work for both!

I found this example from Lang

BD76CF90-3ECC-4860-81FA-364316A37491.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results