shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.0ct Whiteflash ACA + Maytal Hannah is Here! And Photos!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! I'm so excited to share my Whiteflash ACA upgrade in a beautiful Maytal Hannah setting! I'm a longtime reader, and this forum has been a source of education, advice, and beautiful jewelry over the years, so THANK YOU. I appreciate all of you and all of the contributions you make daily to help so many people like me.

I know we all want to get straight to the photos, so I’ll try to keep the story intro as short as possible!

Here’s a pretty photo from Maytal to start!

1Maytal.jpeg

This is my ten-year (but one year early!) wedding upgrade, but I gave myself a year to really find what I wanted. After now having gone through the diamond selection process and custom design route, I’m even more impressed my husband did this on his own so many years ago and kept it all a secret! To be fair, I don’t think he agonized even a tenth of what I just did over the last few months or thought about this project every day like I did. :oops:

I LOVED my original ACA, but I realized that I am color sensitive, so the tint really bothered me. I looked at a lot of ACAs online but couldn’t find the right match of stats, until I found this 3.0 F-VS2 that captured my heart (with the reassurance of Becca’s eagle eyes). It also had some extra details I liked compared to my first stone, like a slightly smaller table and higher crown that made the side profile more pleasing to my eye, but wasn’t so deep that it lost spread.

For the setting, Maytal Hannah’s portfolio really spoke to me. I love her delicate, detailed artisan work and high-quality craftsmanship. She is also such a lovely and genuinely kind person. The biggest change I wanted to make from my original ring was to add more detail and sparkle to the side profile, which is the view I see the most. The final design is graceful and flows, reminding me a lot of flower petals – with sparkle! And I love what ended up being heart-shaped prongs that are incredibly delicate and proportioned.

I really feel this ring is so personal to me, and it brings me a lot of joy to wear it and look at it. Thanks to Becca, Vera, and the team at Whiteflash, and thanks to Maytal!

Okay, finally more Maytal photos (the really nice ones!) and my photos - the wedding band is my original band and thinner, but I think it still works well with Maytal's ring (also zero photography skills so the artsiest I could get was using one of my kids' toys as a prop :dance:) Thank you for letting me share!:

Maytal 1.jpeg Maytal 2.jpeg Maytal 3.jpeg V 1.jpg V2.jpeg

V3.jpg V4.jpg
V5.jpg

Attachments

• V3.jpg
    V3.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 32
  • V4.jpg
    V4.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 36

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
A few last thoughts about this whole process, for fun!

• When I was going through my journey, I read so many helpful posts here on Pricescope. I wrote up a more detailed version of my experience in the Testimonials section, and I hope this can be of some help for future searchers: Review!
  • I can still see the tint in an F!
  • Buying a stone with one vendor but setting it with another vendor was a lot of shipping anxiety, making sure your insurance is sorted just in case something happens, and you need to build in time for everything! There were times going through all this when I thought I would have saved myself a lot of headache to ask WF do my setting, but I loved Maytal’s work so much, it was ultimately the right call for me in the end.
  • I already have DSS, but I also kept the following photo to remind me of where I started!
V6.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! It's beautiful - congratulations!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! Congratulations on your new diamond, it’s huge!!!!!

okthen

Rough_Rock
So beautiful, congratulations

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your solitaire!
The setting is beautiful! I love the diamonds on the basket! It looks Big and Beautiful on your hand! Congrats to you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring turned out beautifully! Her work is just perfect!

Congrats on the anniversary (almost) and the gorgeous ring!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s an absolute stunner, congratulations!

P

Petalouda

What a ring! Congrats!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
The biggest change I wanted to make from my original ring was to add more detail and sparkle to the side profile, which is the view I see the most.

I love this explanation! Your ring is beautiful! Happy (early) anniversary!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your beautiful ring! The gallery is gorgeous and it looks perfect with your wedding band. I truly love everything about it. I hope you love looking at it every day.
I know I would.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous upgrade!!! You are a lucky lady to have an F 3 ct ACA for the 10th anniversary! Maytal did a beautiful job on the setting! Really gorgeous!!!:kiss2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is divine! It looks huge on you! Can we get more pics please! Especially of the profile!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Woohooo! That is one lovely ring. The diamond is amazing and the setting is absolutely to die for. I agree its looks like sparkling flower petals—you can almost imagine the diamonds are dew drops caught in the sun. Absolutely gorgeous!!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Happy anniversary! Your ring is flawless and stunning :kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, Happy Anniversary!

K98

Rough_Rock
Those prongs are *amazing*… oh my gosh. It’s beautiful!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous upgrade! And it looks huge on your tiny finger:)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning, wear it in good health and happiness always.

jBright

Shiny_Rock
First off, beautiful!!!

second off, I loveeee your prong details.

your ring looks great on your tiny finger!!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting! Congratulations on your anniversary, and enjoy!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wooooooooow! Congratulations!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, this is stunning. The diamond looks huge on you, and the setting details are divine. Please share more photos of the profile. Wear it in good health!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful upgrade. Happy anniversary.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! It looks huge on your tiny finger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results