shape
carat
color
clarity

Reviews: Whiteflash, Maytal Hannah, and Jeweler's Mutual

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
When I was going through my journey, I read so many helpful posts here on Pricescope. I wrote up a detailed version of my experience and I hope this can be of some help for future searchers!

tl;dr: I would recommend and work with Whiteflash and Maytal again, and insuring with Jeweler's Mutual.

Whiteflash Review:
  • Response time: Within 24 hours/1 business day
  • Working with WF on the upgrade process was as seamless and fast as it could be with COVID delays and precautions. The benefit of working with a large operation is that there is always someone to help you, even if your SA is on vacation. Becca and Vera were great to work with.
  • Becca has great eyes and inspected the diamond from every angle and patiently answered all of my detailed questions honestly and transparently. I’m an information geek and love jewelry, so a lot of it was just curiosity to learn more! I never felt any pressure to buy a specific diamond or even the diamond I ended up choosing.
  • Timeline: Purchased and trade-in (early March); AGS recertification (7 business days); stone in-hand (end of March)

Maytal Hannah Review:
  • Response time: Within 24-48 hours (24 hours often), 72 hours when busy (1-3 business days)
  • Working with Maytal was really fun for me. We would discuss all sorts of details on the stone and the setting, and it’s really clear she has a deep love of what she does and that she truly wants to help you get exactly what you want. She is such a lovely and kind person as well, so she’s just fun to talk to and also gives great advice and suggestions along the way.
  • As mentioned, I had a couple of specifics I wanted to carry over from my original engagement ring design – 6 prongs and pave on the band – and the new detail I wanted to work with her on was the side profile. We swapped inspiration photos and sketches, but once we settled on a design, I left it all in her hands. If you love a delicate, graceful, and high-quality aesthetic, Maytal is perfect! The details of my ring are very fine (and I love details!) and fit my personal aesthetic so well, it brings me a lot of joy to wear it and look at it. She is an artist and really has a great eye for proportions.
  • I was also going through the insurance process at the same time, and Maytal provided an estimate and also a final sales receipt to ensure that my policy would cover the setting just in case anything happened.
  • Though we had conversations ever since I reached out to her to see if she could take on my project back in March, the real momentum started once she had my stone in hand, which I think is pretty common for a lot of designers. Once she could see the diamond, she could envision how it could all come together with the right proportions and put that down on paper for you to see. She’ll also be upfront if specific details won’t work and provide alternate suggestions. We spent a few weeks deciding on the last details and final design, and once that was set, she estimated it would be around 6-8 weeks until it was done, but she was able to do it in 6!
  • Timeline: Initial discussions (mid-March); waiting for trade-in and final stone, finalizing insurance, when Maytal was ready to receive my stone per her project schedule (end of April); finalizing design (end of May); finished ring in-hand (early July).

Jeweler’s Mutual Review:
  • Response time: Within 48-72 hours (2-3 business days). I would call if you have a question! They’re all very responsive and supportive on the phone as well!
  • The team at Jeweler’s Mutual is also awesome, and they have answers to all sorts of questions you might have that is so specific to jewelry. Whether through e-mail or by phone, they were super reassuring, and I really felt that they just wanted me to really enjoy wearing my jewelry with confidence. It’s still a lot of paperwork, as all insurance is!
  • Timeline: About a month finalizing all the paperwork and details.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results