kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, so beautiful!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is the perfect ring! :love:

I love this setting and have been admiring it for a while now on Erika's Instagram. I was hoping it'd show up here. It has me thinking of resetting my own ring! Does it feel comfortable on your hand? How does it look when stacked with a band?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and happy birthday!!! Beautiful ring!!! :love: Erika's bench is definitely amazing in implementing her design details.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also was drooloing over this ring on Erika's Instagram! Your ring is exquisite in every detail...those prongs, I die!! :love: Wear her in much health snd happiness!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi Resonane Of Life, HegemonyCricket, LateBloomer28, JDDN, LLJsmom, missy, kathley, mochiko42, lovesvintage, Bonfire, Tourmaline-- thank you all for the lovely compliments! :wavey:

mochiko42 the ring is extremely comfortable; there is nothing on the side except for smooth metal so it does not dig into your fingers when your hand is smooshed (hope that makes sense!) The band is really delicate-- 1.5mm at the shoulders and 1.8mm at its widest. I only have my WB; someday I hope to get some thin bands to stack and mix things up a bit!

Here are a few other pictures:

_35561.jpg

_35562.jpg

_35563.jpg

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
YUM! I'll take the K OEC over the G any day. Your ring is amazing and the stone is TDF! Thanks for sharing your story with us and all the pics.

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
Mol42 - I had to come back for another peek, my EW sister!! I love that last pic: your stone looks huge, love those exquisite shoulders and the platinum looks so good on your skin. Simply gorgeous! :love: :appl: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your OEC--it looks absolutely fabulous in your EW setting! :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! so elegant!

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stunning. So happy for you! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That is fab!!!!! Just gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: I love this new setting design and your stone is just beautiful in it!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Breathtakingly beautiful!!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much ariel44, LateBloomer28, m-2-b, gregchang35, ringcat, lknvrb4, lorrissey, diamondseeker2006, kathleenmv
I appreciate the positive comments and support; it's part of what makes PS such a great community :wavey:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This is one gorgeous ring!!! The stone, setting, bands, wow!!! Enjoy!!! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular ring :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I definitely think it goes well with the bands - something to work towards, as you say. ;-)

Both of your rings are lovely.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! This is simply amazing. I love it from every angle. Enjoy wearing your stunning ring.
I bet it looks great with jeans as well as with a little black dress.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness... I go away for a bit and miss this!?

Gorgeous. Absolutely, completely, heartwrenchingly gorgeous. Everything about it is perfect - the cathedral shoulder decoration, the eight-prong head with curvy basket and larger base... and I adore EW's signature finish, and I know first-hand how painstakingly flawless her workmanship is... :love: :love: :love:

And goodness, your LM is probably my favourite of his designs :sun: - you have a spectacular pair of rings, how on earth do you decide what to wear every morning!?

Some thin stackers would look wonderful with your set - I'm thinking something very dainty, in RG, nestled between Ering and WB... :halo:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
SparklySoprano- thank you!

woofmama- thanks, appreciate it!

NKOTB- thank you; yes I crossed one thing off the bling list, and before I know it, 2 more are added on! :wall:

Acinom- thanks so much; I love and enjoy looking at this ring from every angle, sometimes even from the bottom!

Yssie- hi so glad you came by to look :wavey: I want to thank you Yssie, because it was YOUR gorgeous earrings and detailed review that prompted me to explore EW for my setting. I loved the modifications you made and cited your earrings when I first contacted Grace. I showed her some pictures of an antique 8 prong solitaire setting and your beautiful earrings and asked for a marriage of the two. That's when she told me that the "Margot" (though not named that yet) would fit the bill. Your review about EW finish and attention to details was right on target, and it was really important to me considering how much money I was spending. So thank you again!!! :love:
You've given me ideas about stacking that I will surely consider. I don't own anything in RG but sometimes we need to be pushed out of our comfort zone, right?!

Thanks again y'all! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I'm flattered!! I gotta say though - EW deserves all the credit for my earrings too - but I will happily bask in her success :bigsmile: Her work isn't cheap, but... you *definitely* get what you pay for!! And both she and Grace really are wonderful to work with ::)

I've always heard that one of the reasons antique and vintage settings often have lots of milgrain and engraving was because that sheer quantity of detail helped mask the imperfections in manufacture that were inevitable at the time, given the tools available. I love so many vintage styles but personally... I'm just too much of a stickler for precision of workmanship and perfection of finish to be able to appreciate them the way they ought to be! It's funny because I'm not that way about antique stones at all :bigsmile: I'm so glad vendors like Grace and EW are around to fill that gap!! Both the style and the workmanship :appl:

Yours must be the first Margot, then! :bigsmile: :naughty:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Yssie said:
Oh wow, I'm flattered!! I gotta say though - EW deserves all the credit for my earrings too - but I will happily bask in her success :bigsmile: Her work isn't cheap, but... you *definitely* get what you pay for!! And both she and Grace really are wonderful to work with ::)

I've always heard that one of the reasons antique and vintage settings often have lots of milgrain and engraving was because that sheer quantity of detail helped mask the imperfections in manufacture that were inevitable at the time, given the tools available. I love so many vintage styles but personally... I'm just too much of a stickler for precision of workmanship and perfection of finish to be able to appreciate them the way they ought to be! It's funny because I'm not that way about antique stones at all :bigsmile: I'm so glad vendors like Grace and EW are around to fill that gap!! Both the style and the workmanship :appl:

Yours must be the first Margot, then! :bigsmile: :naughty:

Hi Yssie
You are so right!!! I totally feel the same way. My OEC is a bit wonky, yet I did not want a wonky setting to match. I looked at a number of settings, some in the same caliber of cost and reputation as EW, and honestly feel the EW setting has the better finish. As DH says "it's more better-est!" Compared to my LM, I think the finish and quality of the EW is better (though admittedly my LM is 6 years older.)

Actually, mine is not the first Margot. Alas, I cannot take credit for that. I believe I'm just the first one to shout it from the rooftops. :love: Perhaps the lucky woman with the "first" Margot solitaire will post it one day for us all to ogle :wavey:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore this setting! I haven't thought much about resetting my ring yet, but this is a serious contender!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Knock out! LOVE THE OEC! HUGE!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well that's just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
Currently contemplating to switch from a simple solitaire to either a halo or 3-stone ring setting, found your thread for your LM round with pears setting, and one thing led to another.. this ring is absolutely beautiful! You are making me rethink things lol. Though I wonder if the Margot setting would look just as nice with a MRB. ;-)

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently contemplating to switch from a simple solitaire to either a halo or 3-stone ring setting, found your thread for your LM round with pears setting, and one thing led to another.. this ring is absolutely beautiful! You are making me rethink things lol. Though I wonder if the Margot setting would look just as nice with a MRB. ;-)

Oh, but it does!! Granted Yssie's MRB is huge....I think it's stunning with a MRB :roll2:.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ty-4-01-j-vs1-in-erika-winters-margot.231053/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results