shape
carat
color
clarity

2Danes! Questions about your ME29! (Or anyone else that has one!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lannie

Rough_Rock
2Danes, I''m changing my setting to the Danhov ME29 and I had a few quick questions for you (or anyone else that has one) if that''s ok.

1. Does your stone touch your finger often?
2. Do you find that your stone gets dirty more quickly than in your old setting?
3. Can you post some larger pictures? I''m dying to see the detail work of it!

I''m so excited! I really hope that you see this, and thanks so much in advance!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
BUMP

Lannie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the bump! :D

Lannie

Rough_Rock
Bump!

Anyone?

Lannie

Rough_Rock
Another try?

Bump

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Lannie,
I don''t own the ME29, but I do own the ME30 and I was lucky enough to visit danhov in LA and try on several styles including the ME29 and ME31. Unfortunately, I didn''t take any pictures of the one you were looking at, but here is my thread where I took pictures of the 30 and 31 I was considering: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-visit-to-danhovs-office-downtown-la-pics-included.73903/.

My thoughts on the ME29 was that it was gorgeous in person and the pave was really nice. I really really loved the pave and appearance of the ME29. I didn''t end up going this route because I''m not a huge halo person, but if I was I would have definitely put the ME29 in the running!

The one thing about this style, the 29, and the 31 is that the shank should curve in more towards the stone so that it doesn''t touch the finger. With my particular style the stone doesn''t touch during normal use, but it does touch if I knock my ring into something or if I quickly shove my hand into my pocket or something like that. It''s normally not an issue, but I think danhov should curve the shank a litle more to prevent this. The nice thing about this setting though is that it doesn''t spin compared to my other rings. Because of the top space it stays put really well on the top of my finger.

Sorry I can''t comment a little more on the other issues, but hope this helps!

Lannie

Rough_Rock
kcoursolle, thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I can see why you went with it. It would definitely be in my list of top picks if I wasn''t going with another halo. I don''t know if you''d recall from your visit to Danhov or not, but do you remember if/think that the ME29 shows a lot of metal around the halo, or were the diamonds big enough to cover most of it?

Once again, thanks so much for your reply!
9.gif

toleong

Rough_Rock
Lannie,

I don''t have the the ME29 setting but am possibly looking into either the ME29 and ME30 to reset my ring. There is one Danhov dealer in our state and I am planning to visit them in the next week or so to check out Danhov and Simon G. If you''re interested I will take some notes for you. For a fee of course....
2.gif

j/k

Lannie

Rough_Rock
toleong, lol, yes! Please take notes! If they let you take pictures, I''d love to see some. I should have mine in about two weeks (I really hope not longer). I can''t wait, the excitement is killing me!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:26:55 PM
Author: Lannie
kcoursolle, thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I can see why you went with it. It would definitely be in my list of top picks if I wasn''t going with another halo. I don''t know if you''d recall from your visit to Danhov or not, but do you remember if/think that the ME29 shows a lot of metal around the halo, or were the diamonds big enough to cover most of it?

Once again, thanks so much for your reply!
9.gif
The pave was beautiful and delicate and there was hardly any metal at all. It was really beautiful, and really you could barely see metal unlike the other halo that danhov (the bezel one with beadset stones).

toleong

Rough_Rock
I will try my best to get some pictures.

I didn''t realize that you are already in the process of changing your setting. That is so exciting! I bet the suspense must be killing you. Be sure to give us lots of pictures when you get your ring.

toleong

Rough_Rock
Hello Lannie,

I went to visit the jeweler today and boy did I leave disappointed. Although they are an authorized Danhov dealer the only thing they had that was from Danhov was the catalog!
29.gif
Turns out they are more of a custom jeweler. I could''ve stayed home and view the Danhov collection on the James Allen website. This was partly my fault, I should''ve called and asked them which settings they had available in the store.

Sorry I couldn''t be of any assistance to ya.

Lannie

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 11:00:18 PM
Author: toleong
Hello Lannie,

I went to visit the jeweler today and boy did I leave disappointed. Although they are an authorized Danhov dealer the only thing they had that was from Danhov was the catalog!
29.gif
Turns out they are more of a custom jeweler. I could''ve stayed home and view the Danhov collection on the James Allen website. This was partly my fault, I should''ve called and asked them which settings they had available in the store.

Sorry I couldn''t be of any assistance to ya.
It''s ok. I''m sorry that they didn''t have anything for you to view. I can imagine how disappointing that must have been. I hope that your trip didn''t leave you sour on Danhov. Their settings really are beautiful.

Hopefully I won''t have to wait more than another week to have her on my finger! *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results