shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct Vatche u113

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
After trading in my 1.8ct stone for a 2.2ct, it's here and im in love! Here are a few photos. (Don't mind the hands.. I just did the dishes:)

_38409.jpg

_38410.jpg

_38411.jpg

_38412.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just beautiful - so glad that you are happy with your new ring!

Please take lots more pictures for us!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love your whole look, simple and elegant!! More pics!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great decision to go ahead and upgrade now while prices are good! I have to say, that size looks fabulous on you and your hands are beautiful! :love:

You might want to give all the specs and where you got it!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new upgrade! :love: It looks perfect on you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful classic!... :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! And the whole set looks stunning :love:

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
It's really fantastic! I love it.

This place has made me quite fond of six prong settings. Previously, I thought I didn't like them.

I am waiting on drawings for a bezel setting and I am worried this has pushed me over the edge towards switching to prongs.

Tell me more about going back to tab from claw. My stone is 1.8, so the size you upgraded from. Do you think it is ultimately personal preference, or do think one makes the stone look smaller over the other? (Upgrading to 2.2 would not be an option for me, but I love your problem-solving skills.) :lol:

Do you feel the donut looks more even this time?

Your ring is absolutely stunning! I love it!

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1475971944|4084910 said:
Great decision to go ahead and upgrade now while prices are good! I have to say, that size looks fabulous on you and your hands are beautiful! :love:

You might want to give all the specs and where you got it!

Thank you! Your ring was one of the beauties that inspired mine :)

The stone is a whitefish ACA, 2.22ct, I color, SI1 (eye clean). Without years of lurking on PS and educating myself by reading all the helpful information on these forums, I never would have thought to go down to an I and SI1 clarity (before PS, I had never even heard of the term "eye clean") :angel:

I am in awe of the beauty of this stone. Although I can detect some warmth from the side (looking super up close), it does not bother me. The stone itself is so beautiful. Face up, it does not look any darker than the G-colored VS2 stone in my engagement ring.

A million thanks to the wonderful PS community. You guys are truly wonderful and a wealth of knowledge. Maybe I'll be back on these threads again with my next upgrade.... haha (a girl can wish, right?!) ;-)

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
MissGotRocks|1475971562|4084907 said:
It is just beautiful - so glad that you are happy with your new ring!

Please take lots more pictures for us!

Thank you! I will take some more pics soon. The photos above aren't the greatest... they were taken at night in my dimly lit kitchen.

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
iwantsparkle|1476114579|4085322 said:

This place has made me quite fond of six prong settings. Previously, I thought I didn't like them.

I am waiting on drawings for a bezel setting and I am worried this has pushed me over the edge towards switching to prongs.

Tell me more about going back to tab from claw. My stone is 1.8, so the size you upgraded from. Do you think it is ultimately personal preference, or do think one makes the stone look smaller over the other? (Upgrading to 2.2 would not be an option for me, but I love your problem-solving skills.) :lol:

Hi there, a bezel would be beautiful! Which setting are you getting? Would love to see the drawings or some inspiration photos :)

I am a big fan of six prongs (vs four). Something about the symmetry and how the prongs help keep the stone's round look.

Re: switching from claw to tabbed prongs...... To be honest, I'm not sure if they actually did tabbed prongs like I asked? To me, they still look slightly pointed. Maybe someone familiar with Vatche can chime in. I was expecting the prongs on my new ring to be more rounded, but I still love how they look (regardless of whether these are considered tabbed or clawed). I think you are right, that the whole claw vs tab debate probably comes down to personal preference. I don't think either style would have much of an impact on making the stone look smaller. Keep in mind most of the photos we see here on PS are super up-close... so everything is magnified more than real life. I think the only time they would impact the visual size of a stone is if the prongs are too large or blobby.

And re: the donut.... They actually didn't change the donut (just the head), so I can still see that it isn't completely even, but it doesn't bother me since the prongs look more even this time around.

Hope this helps!

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
ppuff211|1476117758|4085334 said:
iwantsparkle|1476114579|4085322 said:

Hi there, a bezel would be beautiful! Which setting are you getting? Would love to see the drawings or some inspiration photos :)

I am a big fan of six prongs (vs four). Something about the symmetry and how the prongs help keep the stone's round look.

Re: switching from claw to tabbed prongs...... To be honest, I'm not sure if they actually did tabbed prongs like I asked? To me, they still look slightly pointed. Maybe someone familiar with Vatche can chime in. I was expecting the prongs on my new ring to be more rounded, but I still love how they look (regardless of whether these are considered tabbed or clawed). I think you are right, that the whole claw vs tab debate probably comes down to personal preference. I don't think either style would have much of an impact on making the stone look smaller. Keep in mind most of the photos we see here on PS are super up-close... so everything is magnified more than real life. I think the only time they would impact the visual size of a stone is if the prongs are too large or blobby.

And re: the donut.... They actually didn't change the donut (just the head), so I can still see that it isn't completely even, but it doesn't bother me since the prongs look more even this time around.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! After I posted, I thought - "wait. Are those tabs?" I think whatever you ended up with is pretty much perfect. Very refined and thoughtfully done.

Thanks for your feedback. I hope to have CAD/images soon. I am working with Adam/Old World Diamonds (where I got my stone). And I hope he doesn't hate me if I switch to prongs. :)

You wouldn't know until you come here - that so much thought can go into what appears to be a very simple setting. :)

Enjoy your ring! It's a sparkler!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
timeless and classic and stunning!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ppuff, your new ring is beautiful!! :love: :love: I have followed your upgrade journey and am happy that you finally seem truly happy with your ring! Wear it in good health!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful, timeless and elegant look! :love: :love: :love:

Your solitaire looks amazing!

Thank you for sharing photos with us.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautifully classic! Looks so elegant on you! :love:

P

PierreBear

As everyone has said... classic and beautiful look! It looks so fitting for your finger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results