shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 20th anniversary rose cut-- lots of pics!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That is just so elegant and romantic. Congratulations! :appl:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Derby--

WOW. Your ring is absolutely stunning. :love: :love: :love: Happy anniversary!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Indy for your nice comments. Unfortunately as some of you know by now, the stones kept falling out of my beautiful ring. Finally this June I demanded that it once again get sent back to the maker and my jeweler pretty much refused to do it for me. They blamed ME for picking out a ring with a setting with such few shared prongs and they offered to give me store credit back. I had not been wearing my rose cut that often and was very gentle with her, and I was told the stones would always be coming loose due to the setting limitations (no protection for the girdles of the outside stones when they are bumped even slightly). I ended up regretfully returning the ring and I am not over it. I think about her all the time!

I truly want another rose cut, perhaps just a big center stone in a bezel like something from Single Stone. Since my money is tied up with my jeweler, I am putting the rose cut dream on hold for now. After weeks of back and forth with my jeweler, I had them source me a fancy brown solitaire from Leibish and Co. Ring hasn't arrived yet, so fingers crossed I picked out a winner. Now if I could just put my rose cut out of my mind . . . :(sad

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear this. Big hug :cry:

But your brown diamond doesn't sound to bad either. I hope for you it's a winner!! Can't wait to see the pics. Best of luck to you!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Acinom!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, derby, I'm sorry to read this! I'd admired rose cuts for a long time, but in an abstract way, from afar - your ring was the inspiration for choosing to own one of my own. The longer I own it the more I love it - they truly are mesmerisingly, hypnotically addictive. I can certainly understand your frustration with the ring though, stones coming loose regularly would be an unacceptable compromise for any aesthetic for me!

I can't wait to see your fancy brown solitaire!! And I hope that if you decide to try a larger rose cut one day (I hope you do!) you find it just as beautiful and more wearable ::) A big center in a SS bezel sounds like a very satisfying dream :bigsmile:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Yssie for your kind words. So sweet to know my ring inspired your gorgeous rose cut pear. I love that stone!!!! I'm thinking something like this SS beauty for the future. I also think SS's rose cut eternity bands are fabulous.

single_stone_rose_cut_bezel2.jpg

single_stone_rose_cut_bezel.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, did you see this pic from SS's Facebook page? The center ring is how my ring should have been set, with a prong on the outside of each stone. But the ring on the right. OMG, I am head over heels in love with that one!

single_stone_rose_cut_and_emerald_cut.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: How am I supposed to choose? I love them both!! The middle one does look a lot like yours, minus the outer prongs! I think it's classic and "sweetly" romantic... I think the one on the right has a dramatic flair that makes more of a statement at first glance though, and rose cuts next to full-cut melee is one of my favourite looks :sun:
And of course this LM
leon-mege-rose-cut-diamond-helix-ring.png

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, that LM has always been a fave!

Su355

Rough_Rock
Your rose cut is just beautiful! Almost time for a 25th anniversary ring, isn't it?! :lickout: :appl:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your ring! congratulations!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! :appl: :appl: :appl:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and congratulations!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results