shape
carat
color
clarity

$20k to play with: what's your idea?

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Long time, no see, PS! After getting married, having two kids, I'm baaaack! And my lovely husband is telling me to "research diamonds" for our five-year anniversary and push presents!

I have no idea what he's thinking about in terms of cost, but imagine it's $20k. What would you do with it?

I kind of feel silly for getting a whole new diamond that's smaller than my e-ring diamond (3.06ct F SI1), so my immediate thoughts were to upgrade my e-ring, but he nixed that idea. I already have diamond studs.

So what would you do? What diamond(s) specs? Setting? Curious to see what everyone else would want.

chamomiletea

Rough_Rock
Because you already have diamond studs and a nice ring. I would go for a different piece of jewelry. If I was you I would go for a watch. I saw a vintage 1920's diamond tiffany bracelet watch that I totally fell in love with. So delicate, beautiful and sparkly that I wanted for a push present but my husband had other ideas and got me diamond earrings instead. If I ever have baby 3 I want that watch ;-)
So if I would probably choose a diamond bracelet or a similar bracelet watch.
That's me though, it's so personal that I am sure whatever you choose is going to be beautiful.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd get a suite lolol :lol: :lol: :lol:
1. a necklace - dbty?
2. a bracelet - tennis bracelet?
3. a watch
4. huggies or inside out hoops
5. 5 stone or eternity ring or half eternity ring

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
4. huggies or inside out hoops

My immediate thought: "Diapers?? Yeah, I guess you need those..." Explains my brain the last few years.

My only other thought was a solitaire necklace :lickout:

Q

Queenie60

I would get a very nice right hand ring, a nice pendant and an every day diamond bracelet. Fun!! :clap:

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you can get all that for $20k??

Post photos of items you would love to be gifted (somewhat realistically)!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd probably go with a nice watch (I'm practical!) and maybe a stacking band for your solitaire as the "push present". I would love a gorgeous solitaire necklace, but with a baby would be afraid they would always be pulling on it (leading to it not getting worn much). I don't have kids, but every time I hold a baby, they seem to go straight for necklaces or dangly earrings!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1473431906|4074579 said:
I'd get a suite lolol :lol: :lol: :lol:
1. a necklace - dbty? - <$2500
2. a bracelet - tennis bracelet? - <$5000 ($7500)
3. a watch - JLC reverso - <$10,000 ($17,500)
4. huggies or inside out hoops - <$3,000 ($20,500)
5. 5 stone or eternity ring or half eternity ring

I just attempted to randomly price some things lolol... it all depends on how big of bling you get, metals, what watch, etc.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would spend the entire amount on one piece and buy either Cartier watch in rose gold or large blue sapphire RHR.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
If I had 20k and already had my wedding set and studs, I'd buy
1) A DBTY necklace. Mine is 7 25 pointers and it's my daily wear necklace.
2) A diamond pendant
3) A tennis bracelet
4) A diamond bangle

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Queenie, ac117 and I are well versed at IDJ suite shopping LOLOLOL! :lol: Once you narrow down the key pieces you'd like to add to your collection, IDJ can be an easy one stop shop! (well, with the exception of watches...)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1473437526|4074607 said:
If I had 20k and already had my wedding set and studs, I'd buy
1) A DBTY necklace. Mine is 7 25 pointers and it's my daily wear necklace.
2) A diamond pendant
3) A tennis bracelet
4) A diamond bangle
wildcat! do you have a thread on your dbty necklace? I want to see 25 pointers!!!! YUM!!!!!!!!!!! I have a thick neck and 20 pointers. Please enable me! :dance:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1473437339|4074606 said:
I would spend the entire amount on one piece and buy either Cartier watch in rose gold or large blue sapphire RHR.

+1.

A watch that is a jewelry piece (e.g Cartier). Colored stone (right hand) ring. Add diamond pendant if budget allows.

cheers--Sharon

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1473437672|4074609 said:
wildcat! do you have a thread on your dbty necklace? I want to see 25 pointers!!!! YUM!!!!!!!!!!! I have a thick neck and 20 pointers. Please enable me! :dance:
I don't have a thread on it, but will take some pics soon and make one. I really should make that thread - I had it done by a jeweler who isn't really on PS at all but he did the most GORGEOUS delicate handmade bezels! Oddly enough, the rest of me is fairly small (size 4.5 ring finger) but I feel like I have a slightly thick neck too! Any 16" chain feels too tight on me! I sized my DBTY to 17.5" with a jump ring at 16.5" and like that much better than 16".

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean|1473437601|4074608 said:
I think Queenie, ac117 and I are well versed at IDJ suite shopping LOLOLOL! :lol: Once you narrow down the key pieces you'd like to add to your collection, IDJ can be an easy one stop shop! (well, with the exception of watches...)

Ha, trust me, I know - my rings are from IDJ! Need to pay Yekutiel a return visit :naughty:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
should i be here|1473439905|4074622 said:

Ha, trust me, I know - my rings are from IDJ! Need to pay Yekutiel a return visit :naughty:
Wow, just looked at your old thread to see your ring and it is GORGEOUS!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1473440252|4074625 said:
should i be here|1473439905|4074622 said:

Wow, just looked at your old thread to see your ring and it is GORGEOUS!
Yes - I agree! It's a stunning e-ring!! :love: :love: :love:
Some of the items mentioned I have pics of in this thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/upcoming-idj-visit.221254/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/upcoming-idj-visit.221254/[/URL]

including bangles and tennis bracelets, eternities, etc. If you DO make it to IDJ, it'd be awesome if you took pics and added on to the thread!!!

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
I'd get a tennis bracelet and Mikimoto pearls.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd choose a Solitaire Diamond pendant and/or a diamond Tennis bracelet...stunning, classic and eternally elegant....but then they are on my list!

Or perhaps you could get a pendant to symbolise your family, with the number of diamonds to match your number of children or to match the four of you.
What a great challenge...have fun.

Q

Queenie60

My thoughts exactly!!!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A sapphire ring...threestone with rounds or cushions
Diamond pendant....I am nuts for pear shape pendants.....
Diamond line bracelet

Maybe it's me...but you already have beautiful jewels....I'd go for one killer piece.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd get a Tsavorite or Sapphire or yellow diamond RHR. Probably a three stone in Victor's vine trilogy setting.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Tennis bracelet around 5 ctw for daily wear. I'd get super high color and ideal cut. Whiteflash comes to mind.
2. VCA Alhambra vintage in white gold with diamonds single pendant. Or maybe Cartier orchid with diamonds.
3. VCA studs. I would get white gold with diamonds so I wouldn't have to take it off and can shower etc with it.

I assumed you had a high end watch. If not I'd go Rolex first. Left over would be for pendant if you don't already have one.

drmommy

Rough_Rock
I would buy a gorgeous pear of diamond drop earrings custom made..preferably with pear drops. :angel:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with a diamond solitaire pendant too. Good luck deciding!

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
1. A new strand of pearls.
2. A blingy watch.
3. A diamond neckless.

What a wonderful decision you have to make :dance:

Can't wait to see what you choose.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you are both celebrating these happy occasions, how about you both get a bit of bling? ;)) :sun:

Why not ask GOG to arrange to custom-cut a couple of Octavias in matching size and (hopefully) closely matching colour/clarity?

You would then have matching bling in a very rare cut that also happen to be top-notch performance-wise 8-)

You could wear yours as a right hand ring that was clearly different in size and style to your engagement ring, so no worries about 'competition', and your husband could either have an awesome upgrade to his wedding ring or he could wear his as a right hand ring too :))

And, in a worst case scenario, you could convert them to a pair of awesome earrings for you!

GOG is only listing two Octavias at the moment:
- 1.02ct I VS1 $8540
- 1.22ct J VVS2 £10708
but assuming you went for similar specs to the first of the two, that would take you to $17k, leaving $3k for a cool tension setting for him and something like a simple solitaire setting for you (which you could always wear as an engagement ring if going somewhere you didn't want to wear your massive rock).

At 5.7mm they would be just about right for a 6mm men's band, and while your one would obviously look smaller when compared to your e-ring, it would not look 'small' on its own on the other hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results