shape
carat
color
clarity

2023 Summer Blockbusters: Barbie or Oppenheimer or both?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to see TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and sat on my own right at the back in the middle as I usually do, and there were 3 other family groups with young children in the entire cinema at a 18:00 showing, the last of the day.

I was given funny looks by the parents!!! :lol-2:

Apart from having to sit through all the adverts and trailers aimed at younger people (the film is rated PG as in Parental Guidance), the film was actually very enjoyable!

Even more enjoyable than Barbie IMHO! :lol-2:

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Will que up Oppenheimer. Plan for watching over 2 days.

cheers--Sharon

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Will que up Oppenheimer. Plan for watching over 2 days.

cheers--Sharon

I'm trying to decide whether to watch it. Normally Barbie wouldn't have any appeal to me, but with all the rave comments, I'm considering that too. Although, when my daughter was little, I only played Barbie with her once and after about one minute, I said "I can't do this", even though as a little girl, I did play with Barbie. So what is wrong with me as a mom?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched Oppenheimer over Christmas and really enjoyed it. Also watched Golda, which was really good too.

Equalizer 3, so realistic, good old John McCall taking on all those baddies single handedly and polishing the lot off :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We watched Oppenheimer over Christmas and really enjoyed it. Also watched Golda, which was really good too.

Equalizer 3, so realistic, good old John McCall taking on all those baddies single handedly and polishing the lot off :lol:

I'm looking forward to it. My family really enjoyed it also!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've always watched the Equalizer movies. Some more than once. Escapism I guess. I'm going to watch 3 again as I've been trying to learn some Italian via Duo Lingo so am hoping I can understand a bit more of that next time. I'm terrible at languages though. Always have been.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one’s gonna talk about Jo Koy’s jokes?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to decide whether to watch it. Normally Barbie wouldn't have any appeal to me, but with all the rave comments, I'm considering that too. Although, when my daughter was little, I only played Barbie with her once and after about one minute, I said "I can't do this", even though as a little girl, I did play with Barbie. So what is wrong with me as a mom?

Watching or playing with Barbies or NOT is apropos of nothing! My Mom never played Barbies with us either! I have no doubt you are a great Mom!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oppenheimer WOW JUST WOW.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you enjoyed it @canuk-gal, we found it even more interesting after going to the atomic museum in LV recently.

From what I’ve read @Calliecake, a lot of people didn’t think he was very funny at all.

B

Betty Baguette

I tried watching Barbie, but got only halfway through and lost interest. And I kept thinking that, while Ryan Gosling is cute, he's not classically handsome enough to play Ken.

Oppenheimer's subject matter is way too dark for me, even if it's a great movie.

Saltburn. Watch it if you get a chance. It starts out slow but then...

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Betty Baguette Saltburn OMG! Crazy!!!! I watched it after the Golden Globes due to all the apparent fuss, and I'm still trying to process it! o_O

I loved Barbie! Thought it was very clever. I was a doll girl - Barbie and baby dolls. My girls were obsessed with dolls, too. It was a sweet reminder of those times, great escapism, yet had an important message.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results