shape
carat
color
clarity

2022 NYC JAWS

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been considering these, below is a pic with both together, along with 2 others that I’m also thinking about!
They told me the larger is 2-2.5ctw and $4k, the smaller is about 1ctw and $2k. I haven’t done too much homework yet on the pricing but none of them screamed “super deal” to me.
EF944804-8E3C-48CF-83B3-D3DFEF6E6BB0.png
95A02CC5-AE6A-449C-BF5F-025F7042E67F.jpeg
5BE00822-313A-4CD6-9FD8-AE296EAB2232.jpeg

ME WANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Us Canuks need to go!!!!! (but I think you are a lot closer than I am....)
Yes I believe so. Still a very long drive, over 8 hours. But maybe I should plan ahead for next year….
I think you’ll need to fly @canuk-gal ?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I believe so. Still a very long drive, over 8 hours. But maybe I should plan ahead for next year….
I think you’ll need to fly @canuk-gal ?

Oh my yes. App. 6 hours flight time...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’ve been considering these, below is a pic with both together, along with 2 others that I’m also thinking about!
They told me the larger is 2-2.5ctw and $4k, the smaller is about 1ctw and $2k. I haven’t done too much homework yet on the pricing but none of them screamed “super deal” to me.

Thanks @ac117. That seems to be the going rate depending on ctw. It’s one of the reasons I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger. I’m just not confident I’ll wear it enough to justify the expense. However, I’m also finding that silver versions (most white metal antiques I’ve seen are sterling) are hard to come by and that’s what I want. I may have to come up to NYC next year and see for myself!! Such a hardship that would be, lol!!

Thanks for taking the time to post extra photos….they are drool worthy!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This omc crescent is almost 3 ctw and $3800

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That one was so pretty!! It’s a 3.28ct M SI2 stone and the price was $28K which was unfortunately over my budget but I’m sure she will easily find a loving new owner. Here are some more pics of her

C8AE52BF-03EB-471B-A669-28AB4E24D112.jpeg
0BE1BAF5-9CA0-458F-AE3B-5A4D728910E3.jpeg

That’s the one that called to me, personally! Was that from jewels by grace?

It’s hard to help with the toss-up between the 2 - the transitional is an amazing stone, but it’s a very different vibe than a true OEC. It won’t have a puffy crown, and lacks that floral vibe. But it’s an amazing stone with lovely blocky facets.

Do you have more pictures of the halo ring? It’s hard to tell from that 1 pic. The transitional I’m pretty familiar with as I stalked the original listing haha

ringupthebling

Rough_Rock
That’s the one that called to me, personally! Was that from jewels by grace?

It’s hard to help with the toss-up between the 2 - the transitional is an amazing stone, but it’s a very different vibe than a true OEC. It won’t have a puffy crown, and lacks that floral vibe. But it’s an amazing stone with lovely blocky facets.

Do you have more pictures of the halo ring? It’s hard to tell from that 1 pic. The transitional I’m pretty familiar with as I stalked the original listing haha

It was from Jack Weir! I totally get what you mean - I love OECs and transitionals equally so I feel like it’s not necessarily a fair comparison.

Here is the listing for the halo ring: https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/produ...iamond-halo-ring?_pos=29&_sid=4d8504b5b&_ss=r
I’ll most likely be removing it as a contender though because I think the N will be too yellow for me since I want a platinum or white gold setting.

For the transitional, I feel like it looks a little more gray than a lot of the other stones I saw - could it be because of the basket setting? Grace said she would ask the seller if she is willing to sell just the stone and if there is any wiggle room on the price, which will ultimately determine whether I pull the trigger. In the meantime, I reached out to Old World Diamonds as recommended by many lovely PSers and I’m continuing to stalk Dolly, Whitney, and Alex Park on IG for a good deal - also open to any recs on good IG vendors!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It was from Jack Weir! I totally get what you mean - I love OECs and transitionals equally so I feel like it’s not necessarily a fair comparison.

Here is the listing for the halo ring: https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/produ...iamond-halo-ring?_pos=29&_sid=4d8504b5b&_ss=r
I’ll most likely be removing it as a contender though because I think the N will be too yellow for me since I want a platinum or white gold setting.

For the transitional, I feel like it looks a little more gray than a lot of the other stones I saw - could it be because of the basket setting? Grace said she would ask the seller if she is willing to sell just the stone and if there is any wiggle room on the price, which will ultimately determine whether I pull the trigger. In the meantime, I reached out to Old World Diamonds as recommended by many lovely PSers and I’m continuing to stalk Dolly, Whitney, and Alex Park on IG for a good deal - also open to any recs on good IG vendors!

That link is giving me a 404 error.

Maybe start a separate thread to get feedback, all I can say is, I wouldn’t rush it!

ringupthebling

Rough_Rock
That link is giving me a 404 error.

Maybe start a separate thread to get feedback, all I can say is, I wouldn’t rush it!

Agreed! It’s a beautiful stone but I don’t want to rush a large purchase, especially if it’s already on the high end of my budget. Thank you for all the feedback and advice you’ve given me so far - I really appreciate it!!

ringupthebling

Rough_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma thank you so so much for thinking of me!! I just followed Cypress Creek and reached out for more info on the ring! =)2 Have you ever bought from this seller before or do you know if they are a PS approved seller?

I have not purchased from her before-I recently found her in IG.

She's a smaller Etsy based dealer so I wouldn't expect for her to be in the approved vendor list. It does look like she is active on Etsy (5K+ reviews). https://www.etsy.com/shop/CypressCreekVintage

What is her review period?

ringupthebling

Rough_Rock
I have not purchased from her before-I recently found her in IG.

She's a smaller Etsy based dealer so I wouldn't expect for her to be in the approved vendor list. It does look like she is active on Etsy (5K+ reviews). https://www.etsy.com/shop/CypressCreekVintage

What is her review period?

Looks like she offers returns within 7 days with a 10% restocking fee! I would have to think on the restocking fee but that stone is beautiful!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Looks like she offers returns within 7 days with a 10% restocking fee! I would have to think on the restocking fee but that stone is beautiful!!

Well, maybe it’s worth getting more vid and pics. Then, perhaps, you can work something out with her…

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's shorter than that! Notify her within 3 days, postmarked within 7 days. That's a big decision to make within 3 days and at a loss of 10% restocking fee. Here it is in full.
We accept returns at Cypress Creek so you can shop without worry. THERE IS A 10% RESTOCKING FEE ON ALL RETURNS
To Return Your Purchase:
*You must contact us within 3 days of tracked delivery to receive the return address.
*The return tracking number must be dated within 7 days of delivery to you. This means 7 days from tracked delivery, not from when you went and picked it up from the post office.
*Rings will arrive with a DO NOT REMOVE lock tag. These rings are not returnable or refundable if the DO NOT REMOVE tag is removed.
Rings may not be returned if resized or altered. Customized orders such as appraisals are non refundable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results