Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want you to know Miss Daisy that I have stuck to my pearl ban. :)
I look forward to Miss Daisy’s response :bigsmile:

I say that from my perspective you are exhibiting most admirable self control :appl: but then, I am not Miss Daisy, I acknowledge that my standards may be lower than hers :devil:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For 2021 I have a baroque golden South Sea pearl in mind. I am looking for a very particular shape with rings. Hopefully 12-14 mm in size. For years I thought they were not that interesting and now I am obsessed. Fingers crossed!

Oh, me too! I’d love a huge light gold drop/baroque on a heavy yellow gold bale for a pendant.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:
don't you dear ever go on a ban Ms Yssie
i have to live my pearl dreams through someone

My bank account has banned me ;(

Spouting some nonsense about blowing the yearly bling budget within the first quarter. It’s got some gall, I tell you! :x2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like a braclete like this

Spouting some nonsense about blowing the yearly bling budget within the first quarter. It’s got some gall, I tell you! :x2

Im kind of glad my future projects for 2021 are alot more budget freindly than Mikimoto

Pearls are so much more adorable to play with than dianonds

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I have no impulse control. Seriously though. No more Tahitians and akoyas for me after this!

253CA0D6-41E9-4EE3-8E47-1540EE260604.jpeg 46B14EA4-A8C8-49C9-BB1B-5124E1B4CF43.jpeg

Those are beautiful and I can see why you were tempted. What are your plans? I love that you create your own pieces and look forward to seeing how you use them.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
This is my wishlist for the ENTIRE year and I will include the first quarter of 2022.

1. One pair of WSS fishhook dangle earrings, size 9mm-10mm
2. One pair of nice Tahitian stud earrings 8 mm, not grey or silver.
3. Findings and clasps
3. Maybe one more impulse buy but only after I string all the loose ones I have bought in 2021.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing I think left on my list is a deep gold keshi strand in the 10mm size range. Doesn’t mean I won’t get other items on impulse from time to time

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful and I can see why you were tempted. What are your plans? I love that you create your own pieces and look forward to seeing how you use them.

I don’t really know as of now. I’m hoping something will come to be when I see them. Or maybe I’ll rework my current colorful Tahitian bracelet into another form

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Ok so I have no impulse control. Seriously though. No more Tahitians and akoyas for me after this!

253CA0D6-41E9-4EE3-8E47-1540EE260604.jpeg 46B14EA4-A8C8-49C9-BB1B-5124E1B4CF43.jpeg

Love this!! I wanted the other wonderland strand but ended up getting the bigger circles instead. Agonized for like 30 minutes lol.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Since I'm fairly new to the pearl addiction, I want to start out slow. Currently, I'm craving a Champagne SS 11mm bracelet. The price is more than I expected, $3750 for just the pearls. (Andrew M) Right now I don't trust my limited knowledge to make an informed decision on that just yet. Next, I want a glorious strand of creamy white SS. Maybe 12-15mm and around 16-18". I know that will cost a bunch!! I also have some bling redos in my wish basket, so one thing at a time.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Switch banks.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I'm fairly new to the pearl addiction, I want to start out slow. Currently, I'm craving a Champagne SS 11mm bracelet. The price is more than I expected, $3750 for just the pearls. (Andrew M) Right now I don't trust my limited knowledge to make an informed decision on that just yet. Next, I want a glorious strand of creamy white SS. Maybe 12-15mm and around 16-18". I know that will cost a bunch!! I also have some bling redos in my wish basket, so one thing at a time.

Golden south seas are always pricey - and right now whites are completely insane!! I’m sitting on price jump details from multiple vendors and wishing I had a time machine ;(

Would it be possible to see pearls from a few different vendors in-person, perhaps at different pricepoints? To find out what your options are right now (inventory and availability is always changing!) and to firm up exactly what you want.

My only real recommendation is to only buy with a return policy that you’re comfy with. Some vendors offer free returns, some have restocking fees, some charge shipping on returns, some are final sale if drilled, some are final sale period... IMO pearls almost always need to be seen in-person to be evaluated fairly, so just make sure that whatever vendor you ultimately choose, you have options should your eyes not love what you see!! I think all the commonly-recommended vendors will offer some sort of return policy but it’s safest to get the details in writing before you buy :))

Last edited:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Golden south seas are always pricey - and right now whites are completely insane!! I’m sitting on price jump details from multiple vendors and wishing I had a time machine ;(

Would it be possible to see pearls from a few different vendors in-person, perhaps at different pricepoints? To find out what your options are right now (inventory and availability is always changing!) and to firm up exactly what you want.

My only real recommendation is to only buy with a return policy that you’re comfy with. Some vendors offer free returns, some have restocking fees, some charge shipping on returns, some are final sale if drilled, some are final sale period... IMO pearls almost always need to be seen in-person to be evaluated fairly, so just make sure that whatever vendor you ultimately choose, you have options should your eyes not love what you see!! I think all the commonly-recommended vendors will offer some sort of return policy but it’s safest to get the details in writing before you buy :))

Thank you! I've been researching so much I'm going bonkers. Since this is my first foray into the good stuff, I'm a little leary. And price shocked too I guess. If I use A Moline's new offering of champagne SS's, I'm looking at over $4,000 for a bracelet of 11mm. Ouch.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how much of price jumps is due to changes in the exchange rates?
I've noticed ROLAY's prices for the same items go up and down (unrelated to a sale) and think it must be due to a change in the exchange rate.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder how much of price jumps is due to changes in the exchange rates?
I've noticed ROLAY's prices for the same items go up and down (unrelated to a sale) and think it must be due to a change in the exchange rate.

I've wondered the same thing!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today at work i had a customer - possibly in her 60s who had pearls with the best luster i have ever seen in real life
they were also the biggest pearls ive ever seen in real life - not Wilma's but pretty impressive for NZ
a nice gold clasp too and a beautiful cream - i love cream pearls

SparklyBandit

Rough_Rock
I really do agree with yssie’s comments about seeing pearls in person and caution with no return policies, which are not uncommon And I understand the reasons why a vendor cannot always take something back. I can’t say I have made a “mistake” because I love what I have, but only your eyes can judge.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends - I was just poking around on the net - you know the usual jewelry browsing lol! And I came across this pearl enhancer! There was a thread on finding pearl enhancer and I'm not sure where the conversation started so I thought I would post here!
Here is a link to one at Hunt Country Jewelers - never bought from them but they were on colored stones forum under vendor list. Hope this helps someone!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Friends - I was just poking around on the net - you know the usual jewelry browsing lol! And I came across this pearl enhancer! There was a thread on finding pearl enhancer and I'm not sure where the conversation started so I thought I would post here!
Here is a link to one at Hunt Country Jewelers - never bought from them but they were on colored stones forum under vendor list. Hope this helps someone!

Hunt Country is a lovely vendor - I had a fantastic experience and would happily recommend them to anyone else ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results