carat
color
clarity

2021 Pearl wishlist?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5BD8092B-8D77-46A0-9C35-1D0F456BE0D0.jpeg

The “golds” are golden south seas, as deep and saturated in colour and as uncompromising on everything else (and as small in size!) as I can get my paws on :Up_to_something::twisted2::mrgreen:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is only pearl item on my wish list, and it is a strand of round blue Tahitian pearls in 13-14mm size, preferably with a paved diamond ball clasp so that I could wear if off to one side in the front.

DK :))

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never thought I’d want a white pearl strand but seeing eyeMDs...I’m tempted. I think the size and quality make it more wearable outside of business/formal occasions.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok ...
Serously and attainable
To get mum's pearls restrung so i can wear them out the front door
and all my other restringing projects

Priorities

my first real pearl purchases of 2021 as soon as i can is to buy a mixed colour fresh water strand from PP so i can extend just about everything that doesn't fit (3 necklases including mum's, and 2 silver wired necklases i want to combine)

#2 get my cheap fun little blue dyed fresh water necklase knotted to test out this lady ive found up north

#3 buy some swatovski crystal 'pearls ' to practice knotting for myself

#4 buy something fabouse in a pink freshwater from PP

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearl purchases are something I don’t seem to need to plan for, things just turn up and I want!

That happened this year with my fat purple pendant from Kojima, then I was inspired by the lovelies on here to make my own seed pearl strand for it.

Fully expecting much of the same in 2021!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So i was down town today - a very rare occurrence
And i looked in the window of one of the jewlers we have in town
I really liked the colours but they were so small
Pearl paradise here i come !

I take dreadful photos but its the first time ive seen peach coloured pearls in person - but my phone doesn't do justice
20201222_140155.jpg 20201222_140150.jpg
I like the blend of the colours - i gotta confess i took this photo for futute inspiration when i order the practice Swarovski crystal pearls ;)2
Dang! And Boo Hiss the peach ones not coming out grrrrrrrrrr !

Attachments

• 20201222_140139.jpg
    20201222_140139.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
There is only pearl item on my wish list, and it is a strand of round blue Tahitian pearls in 13-14mm size, preferably with a paved diamond ball clasp so that I could wear if off to one side in the front.

@dk168 I would also love a blue Tahitian strand to go with my blue Tahitian studs:
C3D89805-E8AE-49E5-991C-A9FE10302FB1.jpeg

I’ll prob want ones smaller, maybe 7.5-8.5 I think, graduated.

@MakingTheGrade You read my mind: I’m constantly wavering back and forth if a round white strand would look too formal for me, but the ones @EyeMD purchased is making me covet them again!

Oh and, a pair of white and black pearl studs too, please (these are from Kamoka that I’ve pinned and have been drooling over). Sorry for the life of me cannot add them to this post so see next post down!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pinkmartini87 , baby Tahitians in 8mm approximate in size are not that common, therefore, it may take a while to find a strand.

Have you considered natural blue Akoyas instead?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168 Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it! I haven’t done my homework on Akoyas—what I remember seeing is more pale and or silvery blue hues when it comes to blue Akoyas. I could be wrong though!

I would love something deep blue/green like the color of my earring studs.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it! I haven’t done my homework on Akoyas—what I remember seeing is more pale and or silvery blue hues when it comes to blue Akoyas. I could be wrong though!

I would love something deep blue/green like the color of my earring studs.

You are right, in that Akoyas do not come in deep blue/green colours. If you are after baby Tahitians in blue/green then you would probably need to put your name down on PP's shopping list for Hisano and Jeremy to look for them for you when they are able to travel again.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168 Thanks!! (Cees has also been pretty helpful in the past; he really has an eye for color which to me is most important and for which I would sacrifice some luster, size, etc). I feel like I may get a better chance going with smaller Tahitians (versus larger) for more intense color.

I think I’ll prob need to compromise in the end and do a graduating taper with largest say 10.5, and going down to maybe 8ish. I feel like larger pearls look clownish on me for some reason lol.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A flame conch pearl would be awesome!
I also would like some other exotic pearls.
Quahog, abalone, melo, etc.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A flame conch pearl would be awesome!
I also would like some other exotic pearls.
Quahog, abalone, melo, etc.

OMG i remember the first time i saw a paua pearl
it was in a $4k 18k gold ring in 1999
The paua has the best colours of all abalone
Trouble is the farms only seem to wholesale and a lot of the jewlery seems to be geared towards high end tourist locations with ginormouse mark ups even by jewlery standards

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG i remember the first time i saw a paua pearl
it was in a $4k 18k gold ring in 1999
The paua has the best colours of all abalone
Trouble is the farms only seem to wholesale and a lot of the jewlery seems to be geared towards high end tourist locations with ginormouse mark ups even by jewlery standards

Oh yes, those are gorgeous! I looked at trying to buy one years ago but there seemed limited places to do so, and you’re right, most of the settings were elaborate and expensive!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
White south sea pearls with sturdy back

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, those are gorgeous! I looked at trying to buy one years ago but there seemed limited places to do so, and you’re right, most of the settings were elaborate and expensive!

And in the tourist shops even at high end places (the high end tourist places are really the only places you can get them) it doesn't help their shop mates are paua shell and greenstone (i am only now learning to appreate jade from PS)
And i am yet to see a drop dead gorgouse setting regardless of the cost
NZ did give HM the Queen one - it was you know specially commissioned
its been unkindly compaired to beer can tabs (she has worn it)
9377851.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A2E5E7D0-D88B-44D5-8F4C-F0C1B1DA75C2.jpeg These are 11.2mm SS that I wear with clustered or solitaire studs for fancier occasions. I wish to get a pair of 12mm as plain studs. I adore such silvery bluish pearls:kiss2:

I love silvery blue too! I just got a baroque strand of 10.5mm silver blue akoya. I don’t know why we can’t get the same color in round akoya though but it seems impossible!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love silvery blue too! I just got a baroque strand of 10.5mm silver blue akoya. I don’t know why we can’t get the same color in round akoya though but it seems impossible!

I love, love, love your 10.5 silver blue Akoyas! I only have 2 strands of round silver/blue Akoyas and one was inherited. They are not easy to find.

So my wish for 2021 was to not buy anymore pearls until I wore each strand I own at least twice. But there are vintage blue Akoyas on Ebay that no one is rescuing! So, I plan to rescue at least a few of them this year. Here is my recent 30 inch strand purchase. I am going to add 16 inches of 7-8mm Tahitians from Wen on Etsy to make an ombre necklace.

s-l1600 (84).jpg

il_794xN.2696219944_jhiq.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the mikimoto ombré strand and now I’m a little obsessed...
16B8F514-A67B-43EE-9FD9-01C8235990D3.png

I don’t have the budget for a 25k strand though so I asked a vendor to put something together for me. So far this is the front runner

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the mikimoto ombré strand and now I’m a little obsessed...
16B8F514-A67B-43EE-9FD9-01C8235990D3.png

I don’t have the budget for a 25k strand though so I asked a vendor to put something together for me. So far this is the front runner

Oh i saw that too but didn't even bother looking at the price
I saved a pic though !

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Vendor also has this...
Hmmm. Decisions
882DE402-1C79-4A98-AF48-EE6B007ADA55.png
I adore this look too. The top one - your first post, the center/largest dark pearls look less lustrous as the top, but maybe it is just me, or the lighting. I like the gradient better, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results