shape
carat
color
clarity

2018 Christmas decorations thread - deck the halls!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
@jbake -

That's an AWESOME idea for your kids! And I love your tree - it makes me want to do a tree wholly decorated with candy. :)) Actually, now that I think of it, this should be possible, right? Right??

Thanks! At one point, my mom, sister, & I all had trees with just sweets on them. Obviously I still love it :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean aw that made me cry.. how wonderful some people are. Wish I could do this. Every week I buy 10.00$ food box at Hannaford's and they take it to a needy charity. I also send my little brother and my aunt some money as I have way more than they do. My baby will be here for Christmas (he's 27 ha!) and my BIL, SIL may be able to see us (they come from DC)..Maine is always beautiful at Christmas just in itself. We will be gone to Europe till 12/20 and then back and that is when I will do some decorating and getting a tree! (probably dead but who cares).. we are going to see the Christmas markets in Europe, altho there's a huge drought going on! so it should be an adventure. Wishing everyone a happy, blessed if so believing, full of love HOLIDAY CHRISTMAS Season.. all my best. Merry Christmas!!!
This is my local Walmart..We have a community board where people will ask where to get a great dinner, etc. One of the people that work there said he walked in and asked how much was in layaway..She said they told him $29,000..He said okay I’m paying for it but I want to remain anonymous. She posted it on our board. It’s kind of like a small town here and other people also witnessed it because they work there. When I read it I ran in to tell my husband there really is a Santa Claus! :love:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea! I wish I had thought of something like this when my kids were younger. Everything about this picture captures so much of what the Christmas spirit is about, it's so heartwarming!

When I was little, my mom always let my sister & I put up a 4ft tree in our room. I remember how special it felt to have a tree of our own :kiss2: So I’ve tried to make sure my kids have something like that. My daughter picked out a mini-tree that is all sparkly gold for her room. We’ve also made a tree out of construction paper taped to a wall in her room, then decorated it with paper ornaments we made together.
My mom actually found the little trees at a dollar tree last year. $1 for each tree, skirt & a couple packs of ornaments. Best $6 she’s ever spent ;)2:lol-2:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Dis you see the new Grinch? I took my son to see it this weekend. I loved it!

We took our kids to see it yesterday. It was so cute! :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Where in Europe are you going to see the Christmas markets? My husband keeps talking about going to Vienna to see them..but I haven’t been overseas enough to limit one trip just for the markets. When you come back can you let me know how it was?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We took our kids to see it yesterday. It was so cute! :love:
It was a good lesson for my son..but I won’t give it away because other people may want to see it! :lol:

Q

Queenie60

@mrs-b Thank you for creating this thread. I love seeing all of the different tastes in decorations - gets me into the Christmas spirit. Happy Holidays to all of my PS friends. May the bling be with you!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSrs with kids or grands 6 and up, take them to see Nutcracker, The Four Realms! I took my daughter to see it Saturday night after we got her picture with Santa (he and Mrs. Claus highly recommended it) and it was FABULOUS. Keira Knightly, Morgan Freeman, and Helen Mirren star. Great plot twist, gorgeous cinematography, amazing special effects. It’s a masterpiece. And it did NOT ruin the ballet—we attended Indiana University’s performance the very next day and my kiddo was just as rapt. It’s been a tradition in my family since I was a child; I’ve been taking her since she was 3. She loves it more every year!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Thank you for creating this thread. I love seeing all of the different tastes in decorations - gets me into the Christmas spirit. Happy Holidays to all of my PS friends. May the bling be with you!!

Thanks, @Queenie60 - and you're welcome! I've been looking forward to starting this thread for months, I love Christmas so much! Everyone's decorations are phenomenal - and it's fascinating to match the Christmas trees people create with the bling they make; you can see a real continuity of taste for some people! For example - the only thing that could ever balance out your stunning CVB 3/4 eternity would be that breathtaking 12' green, gold and red creation in your foyer! Yowza!

ETA Mind you, it's not like your current profile photo ring doesn't go also! I asked you in another thread if it had its own thread, but I'm not sure if you responded or if I missed your answer. Would you mind letting me know again if it does, pls? I'd LOVE to read more about it! Alternately, if it has no thread, a few deets on it (stone and setting, pls!) here would be more than acceptable. :mrgreen:

PS And - seriously - why is there no Christmas emoji??!

Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful decorations everyone. We have not yet started ours but soon. In the meantime here is what I can share.

and the Tree at Rockefeller Center...so pretty.

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 7.37.35 AM.png

Spectacular, as usual. When we lived in NY, we always tried to include it in some way on our Christmas cards. It's astounding how easy that is, given the enormous number of Christmas cards that have the RCT on them!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I lived in New Jersey I would pay for the Christmas house tours..I’m really enjoying seeing everyone’s decorating. The trees are spectacular!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello @Mamabean ! yup I am going to see the Christmas markets, albeit it's convulated since the Danube is low water and we are cruising so I am unsure exactly which markets I will see, I know I will be in Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Krems, Passau and maybe Regensburg as I have read you just can't reach it..

Of course I will be happy to let you know how it goes, I'm looking forward to this trip as it's been on my bucket for like 45 years!

Merry Christmas Mamabean! this is a wonderful thread..

@Tekate Where in Europe are you going to see the Christmas markets? My husband keeps talking about going to Vienna to see them..but I haven’t been overseas enough to limit one trip just for the markets. When you come back can you let me know how it was?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet but I intend to! thank you for the rec!

Dis you see the new Grinch? I took my son to see it this weekend. I loved it!

Q

Queenie60

Thanks, @Queenie60 - and you're welcome! I've been looking forward to starting this thread for months, I love Christmas so much! Everyone's decorations are phenomenal - and it's fascinating to match the Christmas trees people create with the bling they make; you can see a real continuity of taste for some people! For example - the only thing that could ever balance out your stunning CVB 3/4 eternity would be that breathtaking 12' green, gold and red creation in your foyer! Yowza!

ETA Mind you, it's not like your current profile photo ring doesn't go also! I asked you in another thread if it had its own thread, but I'm not sure if you responded or if I missed your answer. Would you mind letting me know again if it does, pls? I'd LOVE to read more about it! Alternately, if it has no thread, a few deets on it (stone and setting, pls!) here would be more than acceptable. :mrgreen:

PS And - seriously - why is there no Christmas emoji??!
Well... I must say - I'm not thrilled about the outcome of this ring. Maybe I need to get used to it???? I hope so??? The stone is a Jeff White garnet, antique cushion cut strawberry garnet. And sadly, it's not what I had thought it would be. This is the outcome of a custom ring that didn't quite make it..... It's a lovely ring however doesn't have the bling power that I though it would have. Time.....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello @Mamabean ! yup I am going to see the Christmas markets, albeit it's convulated since the Danube is low water and we are cruising so I am unsure exactly which markets I will see, I know I will be in Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Krems, Passau and maybe Regensburg as I have read you just can't reach it..

Of course I will be happy to let you know how it goes, I'm looking forward to this trip as it's been on my bucket for like 45 years!

Merry Christmas Mamabean! this is a wonderful thread..
Merry Christmas Tekate! I agree!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well... I must say - I'm not thrilled about the outcome of this ring. Maybe I need to get used to it???? I hope so??? The stone is a Jeff White garnet, antique cushion cut strawberry garnet. And sadly, it's not what I had thought it would be. This is the outcome of a custom ring that didn't quite make it..... It's a lovely ring however doesn't have the bling power that I though it would have. Time.....
I don’t remember seeing your ring. Can you post a photo? I would love to see it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I switched out the hot pink and lime green glass Christmas balls on my coffee table - which were very colorful and retro, but which didn't quite go with all the other red and gold decorations in the room - for something more in keeping with the color scheme. Tomorrow, when its light, I'll take a couple of photos of the arrangement on the end of this table which is only half finished in this photo; I'm really happy with how it came out.

20181206_142208.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m in Maryland now..TG...I decorate this house for my grandson..:love:
D193CCF8-0064-4309-B5DC-A018E7C04B92.jpeg
This is a little sitting corner in the kitchen..
B8436BDA-8DF9-47FE-BDBD-95AB3CEDF210.jpeg
My Santa collection..
69411FDB-956E-4480-B0EB-D247204FDD97.jpeg
My snow babies..

Attachments

• 64C65BA8-698D-446A-9714-E73C52442F61.jpeg
    64C65BA8-698D-446A-9714-E73C52442F61.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 15

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took a couple of photos with the completed coffee table arrangement.

20181207_181741.jpg

And one more....

20181207_181808.jpg

See what I mean, @monarch64? I just throw glittery stuff over the house till I'm told to stop. :)) There's no real 'style' as such....

I do have a lovely time doing it, tho!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

20181207_181741.jpg

And one more....

20181207_181808.jpg
It looks very beautiful but welcoming..The best!

Q

Queenie60

20181207_181741.jpg

And one more....

20181207_181808.jpg
Love, love your coffee table arrangement.

Q

Queenie60

I’m in Maryland now..TG...I decorate this house for my grandson..:love:
D193CCF8-0064-4309-B5DC-A018E7C04B92.jpeg
This is a little sitting corner in the kitchen..
B8436BDA-8DF9-47FE-BDBD-95AB3CEDF210.jpeg
My Santa collection..
69411FDB-956E-4480-B0EB-D247204FDD97.jpeg
My snow babies..
Your Santa Collection is lovely - nice fireplace too!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s all the little touches that make for a beautiful room @mrs-b and @Mamabean . The two of you definitely have a knack for making rooms beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results