shape
carat
color
clarity

2018 Christmas decorations thread - deck the halls!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new additions. I am loving everyone's trees and decorations.

Junebug, I spied a bear ornament right off the bat on your tree. :D

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that's one skirmish the tree weathered. Still standing... 20181217_151101.jpg

Would a small tree fence help? Or would they just jump from a piece of furniture higher than the fence?

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Or would they just jump from a piece of furniture higher than the fence?

This. I'd just be giving them an agility course. The refrigerator is right next to it. I've already seen Cinder (tortie) looking down at the star with a contemplative look on her face. She's enraptured by lights, curious, and brave. She's also the brains of the operation.

Blaze (orange tabby) is just rambunctious and oblivious... he's actually the one that did this. He ran past the tree, somehow the lights got caught on him and didn't slow him down, he just kept going.

Free to good home. Great cuddlers both of them. I will drive them anywhere in CA or possibly neighboring state if you want a couple of kiddos. Serious offer.
Cinder and Blaze.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. I'd just be giving them an agility course. The refrigerator is right next to it. I've already seen Cinder (tortie) looking down at the star with a contemplative look on her face. She's enraptured by lights, curious, and brave. She's also the brains of the operation.

Blaze (orange tabby) is just rambunctious and oblivious... he's actually the one that did this. He ran past the tree, somehow the lights got caught on him and didn't slow him down, he just kept going.

Free to good home. Great cuddlers both of them. I will drive them anywhere in CA or possibly neighboring state if you want a couple of kiddos. Serious offer.
Cinder and Blaze.jpeg

These fur kids are something else! I am allergic to cats but have a Yorkie that will pee on any and every throw rug you throw down. I guess their instincts don't always mesh with our environments. At least they didn't purposely tear down the lights and I hope the destruction stops there. Your tree is beautiful and so are they!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As soon as our tree went up yesterday the kitties couldn’t resist. :lol:

First just calmly relaxing and basking under the tree’s glow..

B271EDA1-D972-4BAB-99FB-3739553F006C.jpeg 32D8A397-B854-43B2-A4D4-32B998B69EC2.jpeg

But that did not last long.

68050963-9B7E-4B89-A707-DE6B616EA693.jpeg BEE4AC67-0A5B-468E-8DC1-1209D5C2DE8A.jpeg

:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
F7D4E6F4-6FA9-4B30-AA36-87A8345A3B5E.jpeg
Unmmmm..I got this for a Christmas present because I like acorns..:lol-2: I don’t know what to do with it. It has fur on the tail and his belly..and he’s made of a straw like material..
Any takers? Hahahahaha

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, it looks so festive! Is that a real tree or an artificial? And if it is artificial, where did you get it (link?).

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get an artificial one, but the ones I like are all exorbitant. And my cats like to chew of plastic plants.

@LaylaR, thanks! -it's an artificial tree...we bought it about 5-6 years ago from Frontgate after Christmas, so it was on sale. I tried finding this tree on the site but it must be discontinued. It's 7.5 feet.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@missy, that's hilarious. I've, to date, never had a cat climb into the tree before. So funny.

@Mamabean, maybe donate it to your local animal shelter?

@junebug17 , It's really pretty, thanks so much for looking. All the ones I like are 500+ and that's not going to happen. Maybe I'll check the after Christmas prices.

I am trying to figure out why this one is so inexpensive:
https://www.balsamhill.com/p/stratford-spruce-artificial-christmas-tree#prodDescription

And this is the one I ideally would get:
https://www.balsamhill.com/p/nantucket-blue-spruce-instant-evergreen-artificial-christmas-tree

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, that's hilarious. I've, to date, never had a cat climb into the tree before. So funny.

@LaylaR our Tommy is the only one (so far) who does this...every single year he climbs our tree lol. I don't love it because he is accident prone (broke his tail in a different caper in 2011 (or around then) ) so I am always wary when we put up our tree. He is just a little wild animal at heart lol. Our sweet Tommy who used to be locked in a basement used as a mouser where I worked. Love him so much. He really is such a dear and a sweetheart and had such a tough beginning for the first 2 years of his life. We rescued him when he was 2 years old in December 2009 so he sort of is a Christmas baby...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
F7D4E6F4-6FA9-4B30-AA36-87A8345A3B5E.jpeg
Unmmmm..I got this for a Christmas present because I like acorns..:lol-2: I don’t know what to do with it. It has fur on the tail and his belly..and he’s made of a straw like material..
Any takers? Hahahahaha
What a ..... unique gift. I'll pass. ::) :bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

B271EDA1-D972-4BAB-99FB-3739553F006C.jpeg 32D8A397-B854-43B2-A4D4-32B998B69EC2.jpeg

68050963-9B7E-4B89-A707-DE6B616EA693.jpeg BEE4AC67-0A5B-468E-8DC1-1209D5C2DE8A.jpeg

Omg..I didn’see your kitty until now! Tooo funny! Kitties are hysterical! Your tree is so pretty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg..I didn’see your kitty until now! Tooo funny! Kitties are hysterical! Your tree is so pretty!

Hahaha yes Tommy is blending in with the tree very well our little hunter. I should have edited it for better visibility! Here's a photo of him in our tree our very first Christmas together... the month we rescued him all those years ago in 2009 December.

tommyintree.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha yes Tommy is blending in with the tree very well our little hunter. I should have edited it for better visibility! Here's a photo of him in our tree our very first Christmas together... the month we rescued him all those years ago in 2009 December.

tommyintree.jpg
That is the sweetest photo! He lucked out with you and your dh!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Mamabean, maybe donate it to your local animal shelter?

@junebug17 , It's really pretty, thanks so much for looking. All the ones I like are 500+ and that's not going to happen. Maybe I'll check the after Christmas prices.

I am trying to figure out why this one is so inexpensive:
https://www.balsamhill.com/p/stratford-spruce-artificial-christmas-tree#prodDescription

And this is the one I ideally would get:
https://www.balsamhill.com/p/nantucket-blue-spruce-instant-evergreen-artificial-christmas-tree

@LaylaR, I checked and the tree I have is balsam, so the ones you posted have the same needles and will look just like mine. Wow, I'll tell you what, the first one looks good! The only difference I can see is that the more expensvie one has an "easy Plug" feature?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Junebug, Thank you for letting me know that. It definitely makes the decision easier. I'll have to watch the trees and see if they drop in price in January, but I'm still not sure if the kiddos will chew on it. They do like to eat plastic plants.

Missy, I adore Tommy. How cute is he. Poor guy with his tail though, I can't image a kiddo that clumsy! He must keep everyone on their toes. He is so lucky he found you guys.

Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I now know that I live in a dump, compared to your beautiful, warm, holiday masterpieces! I loved everyone's decorations and holiday spirit!

I know I will be in Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Krems, Passau and maybe Regensburg as I have read you just can't reach it..
How was the cruise @Tekate ? Was it a Viking Cruise?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I now know that I live in a dump, compared to your beautiful, warm, holiday masterpieces! I loved everyone's decorations and holiday spirit!

How was the cruise @Tekate ? Was it a Viking Cruise?

I am BACK! actually was was back Tuesday nite at 9:30 but all screwed up and yesterday was run around etc.

The Viking cruise was lovely. I like the line, my only nit pick was the food was okay, even my hubster said that, but their tours were top notch, better than Azamara, of course I don't know if Azamara does river cruises. My favorite city was Budapest, what an amazing place because it's still reivitalizing, many young people, their Christmas market(s) were wonderful!

I would use Viking again, but next stop Carribbean to escape the winter ;-)

Happy Merry Christmas Holiday! and thank you for asking about my vacation :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, Thank you for letting me know that. It definitely makes the decision easier. I'll have to watch the trees and see if they drop in price in January, but I'm still not sure if the kiddos will chew on it. They do like to eat plastic plants.

Missy, I adore Tommy. How cute is he. Poor guy with his tail though, I can't image a kiddo that clumsy! He must keep everyone on their toes. He is so lucky he found you guys.

Thank you @LaylaR! Hahaha yes I know. He is that clumsy. Figures because his mama is a klutz. :oops2: :lol:
And right back at ya. Your kitties are so lucky you rescued and adopted them as part of your warm loving family.

@Tekate welcome back girlfriend!!! And pleased as punch for your good news. Hugs.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Precious!!:love::love::love::love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I'm a bit after the event with these photos, but today was our family Christmas get-together. I had one out in LA, but this one was in Boston at my house. There were just six of us, and we celebrated with brunch rather than dinner - a thing I'll definitely be doing again. The food was wonderful, but far simpler, and you don't feel as full, given that it's the first meal of the day. You also don't end up going to bed with a full stomach, and you can moderate what you eat for the rest of the day to mitigate some of the effects.

We started with a hot fruit compote of mixed berries, topped with a 50/50 combo of whipped cream and greek yoghurt. Has more punch than plain whipped cream - plus a lot less fat - and goes better with fruit. Followed this with lots of fat, juicy sausages served with my home made tomato and onion sauce, then scrambled eggs, grilled mushrooms and lots of grainy bread. We finished with hot chocolates with whipped cream, made with real chocolate, and accompanied with hot fruit mince tarts. It was wonderful and I'll definitely do this brunch idea again.

I have various types of Christmas china, but I also have linen that matches the Spode china, and stockings to hang on the backs of the chairs, so this is my breakfast configuration. If we do dinner, it's a more formal china.

20181229_083432.jpg

And one last photo of the living and dining rooms, which were tweaked and added to as the weeks went past. I was really happy with this in the end.

20181229_083016.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party but here was my table on Christmas Eve. I went very casual and went with Blue Willow and antique majolica dinnerware. The cake turned out beautifully! 20181224_161421.jpg 20181224_161353.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Late to the party but here was my table on Christmas Eve. I went very casual and went with Blue Willow and antique majolica dinnerware. The cake turned out beautifully! 20181224_161421.jpg 20181224_161353.jpg
Love your table! I have the same vintage blue willow dishes. I have so many vintage dishes I have to rotate them!
Did you make that cake!?:eek2:

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your table! I have the same vintage blue willow dishes. I have so many vintage dishes I have to rotate them!
Did you make that cake!?:eek2:

No, I didn't make the cake. My favorite bakery made it. I just added the candied cranberries and greenery!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I didn't make the cake. My favorite bakery made it. I just added the candied cranberries and greenery!
Smart idea!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How stunning!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three last photos. Our Christmas eve boxes are on the mantelpiece of the fireplace.

20181230_212540.jpg

20181230_214105.jpg

20181230_214120.jpg

Attachments

• 20181230_214105.jpg
    20181230_214105.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results