shape
carat
color
clarity

2018 Christmas decorations thread - deck the halls!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks junebug! This cat cracks me up, he's got the most chill demeanor, and a seriously beautiful coat. He gets dry food from an automatic feeder, and our other gal gets wet food when I wake up. He meows at me to feed her, waits for me to get her food, then eats when I put hers down.

I am so enjoying seeing everyone's decorating!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gosh you all's decorations are so pretty!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everyone's decorations. I am still struggling to get mine up. We are having lighting issues with our pre lit tree and until Hubs fixes it, I feel like I have to wait.....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such pretty decorations! There’s something magical about rooms ready for Christmas :love:

So far, we only have our tree up. We put it up before Thanksgiving, so that when we came home from out of town, it would feel nice & Christmassy.
It’s mostly sweets & elves, with nothing easily breakable. A little more haphazard than usual, but my two year old & six year old decorated & they had a ball doing it. (They did have some grownup help for the top 1/3rd & a few things have since been redistributed)
7C8D7C25-CB74-4A8D-A4B0-93B7023DB8A0.jpeg
I LOVE it! So pretty and a child’s dream tree!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
AB729604-A4B0-4409-A0B9-3B9404CAF347.jpeg
We’re at my mother-in-law’s this weekend. She got rid of all her Christmas decorations during a manic cleaning spree and didn’t intend on putting up a tree this year!!!!! Highly unacceptable! I made a Home Depot and Walmart run last night and worked on this until midnight.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We’re at my mother-in-law’s this weekend. She got rid of all her Christmas decorations during a manic cleaning spree and didn’t intend on putting up a tree this year!!!!! Highly unacceptable! I made a Home Depot and Walmart run last night and worked on this until midnight.
You’re a great daughter-in-law! She’s very lucky! It’s beautiful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn’t have anywhere to post this..but it seems appropriate to do it here. I just read on a community board that a man went into the local Walmart last night and paid off $29,000 in layaways. He remains anonymous..There is good in the world! :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My kids have been loving decorating their own little trees this year, too :love:
3C853D8F-F80F-45F0-A9F4-6514F81933D6.jpeg
They are soooo precious! I love that idea!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's decorations are terrific! I guess we aren't putting up our decorations until next weekend. Darn.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
They are soooo precious! I love that idea!

Thank you! We usually put a small one in my daughter’s room. I have found that leaving them at the foot of our main tree helps keep the 2 year old content to play with them instead :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! We usually put a small one in my daughter’s room. I have found that leaving them at the foot of our main tree helps keep the 2 year old content to play with them instead :lol-2:
That’s a great idea!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone's decorations are terrific! I guess we aren't putting up our decorations until next weekend. Darn.
We would always put ours up on December 14..but my husband has to put together three trees so now he starts on Thanksgiving..We have the second house and wouldn’t be able to do fresh trees anymore so we can do it earlier.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohhhhh @Queenie60!! How STUNNING! Please also post a photo of your family room tree when it's done!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@mrs jam -

Please tell me that you've at least considered a seasonal job as a Christmas tree decorator! You have a real knack for it! It's striking the number of trees here that look professionally done; I'm thinking that the same people who have an appreciation for beautiful jewelry, will also have an appreciation for the beauty in all sorts of things. How lovely!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@D&T - This isi just too adorable! Love those puppies! And I really like the greenery in the boots. I was looking at greenery yesterday, thinking I'd like to do something. I'm just not sure what! Clearly, I need a big pair of Santa boots! :D I was in Pier 1 yesterday and saw so much Christmas glitz andn glam I thought my head was going to explode! I'm doing the centerpiece for my coffee table later on today - not as nice as your fresh greenery, but plenty of winter twinkle, which I love. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jbake -

That's an AWESOME idea for your kids! And I love your tree - it makes me want to do a tree wholly decorated with candy. :)) Actually, now that I think of it, this should be possible, right? Right??

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t decorated yet but here some pictures from last year. I decided to go with rose gold and purple on the white tree. I did butterflies and rose gold and gold on the skinny rose gold tree in the foyer.
I also did a green tree upstairs with silver and blue ornaments bc I decided not to do the garland on the stairs or balcony last year. You can kind of see it in the mirror of my fireplace pic.
78ABC27A-B2F3-4751-8FDA-E9135648E361.jpeg

@kayla17 -

This looks wonderful - I love your silver and purple tree!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AE0EC06C-392F-4896-AEFC-36677BC77AFA.jpeg I also started a little light decorating this past weekend. Nowhere near done though, still need to do garland on staircase and hang stockings, more glass ornaments to go on tree, but that wont happen until we get the doggie fence (ordered yesterday) around the tree. Dh called our usual guys to do our outdoor lighting today. But here is a preview. This is also Noah (our pup's) first Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Noah!

@jaysonsmom - I love your tree and the little touches around your house! Please add a photo of your garlands on the stairs when they're done. :)) Having gone from a 3 story house to a ranch in recent years, I no longer have any staircases to decorate, and I miss it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohhhhh @Queenie60!! How STUNNING! Please also post a photo of your family room tree when it's done!

And I just came back to add....

@Queenie60 - can we please talk about that glorious ring in your profile photo?!! I looked for a thread for it but couldn't find one. Does it have a thread of its own? It should!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so sweet of you mrs jam! I bet she's really enjoying that, it's beautiful!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@D&T - LOVE the boots and candy canes, almost as cute as your pups. Almost! ;-)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0702.JPG IMG_0701.JPG This is the tree in my foyer 12 feet! Tomorrow I will put up the tree in the family room. A lot of work but worth it. Now for the dinner parties!

Spectacular!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids have been loving decorating their own little trees this year, too :love:
3C853D8F-F80F-45F0-A9F4-6514F81933D6.jpeg

What a great idea! I wish I had thought of something like this when my kids were younger. Everything about this picture captures so much of what the Christmas spirit is about, it's so heartwarming!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful decorations everyone. We have not yet started ours but soon. In the meantime here is what I can share.

Our lobby decorations.

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 7.36.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 7.35.30 AM.png

and the Tree at Rockefeller Center...so pretty.

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 7.37.35 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally started decorating a few days ago... still need some finishing touches... my camera has the shakes so some of these pics are meh. My youngest decorated the tree herself this year and I think she did a great job!

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

And probably one of my favorite decorations, doesn't feel like Christmas until I have pulled this one out...
IMG_1676.JPG
Omg..My husband LOVES The Christmas Story..I think that’s the name of the movie with the lamp! My son and daughter in law bought him an ornament this year to put on the kids tree of all places! He would get the lamp if I let him!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember a thread like this last year, and quite a lot of people expressed a disinterest in decorations, or in celebrating Christmas in general.

But there were a bunch of us die-hards who were totally into it - so for them (and me!)...share your decorations for this year!

Here's a few from my living / dining room, which I finished this evening; 4 full sized trees and a whole bunch of fairy lights. :)

20181124_204129.jpg

20181124_204313.jpg

20181124_204403.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results