shape
carat
color
clarity

2013 Holiday Gift Thread!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
gemgirl, that pendant is W :love: W! Wish you a happy and healthy 2014, too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great gifts everyone!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely gifts all! I'm really glad the bling elves smiled on so many deserving PSers this season!

ETA: Special shout-out to Lara's hubby! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweet_blossom|1388251878|3581935 said:
gemgirl, that pendant is W :love: W! Wish you a happy and healthy 2014, too.

Thank you SB and to you too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael Kors mini Camille watch

_13118.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Two new goodies for me :naughty: Not surprises but I was able to choose what I really wanted.

I joined the diamond solitaire pendant club with a beautiful BGD Blue .55ct I vs2 set in the three prong martini.
Here's my thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/twinkle-twinkle-little-star-bgd-sbf-55ct-pendant.196502/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/twinkle-twinkle-little-star-bgd-sbf-55ct-pendant.196502/[/URL]

And a neckshot:

Lucky me, I also got a new watch by Frederique Constant! The brand is DF approved :))
It's the Art Deco model and a nice everyday watch.

My wristshot:

Everyone's new stuff is beautiful! What a fun thread :))

bgd_pendant_real_life_0.jpg

frederique_constant_0.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1388254101|3581966 said:
Lovely lovely gifts all! I'm really glad the bling elves smiled on so many deserving PSers this season!

ETA: Special shout-out to Lara's hubby! :appl:

Hey there Dee Jay!! :wavey: You gals are so hilarious. Hubby is now describing himself as 'the mailman'...he always delivers lol.
:cheeky:
Just LOVE seeing all the beautiful treasures on this thread!
Each and every one of these gems is worthy of a thread all its own.

ame, your post really made me lol! :)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Distracts, I love your pendant.
Wow DS your watch is amaze. You have brilliant taste.
Actually, I'm loving everything posted in this thread!!!
Suziemoo, you cleaned up!!! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama..I had my eye on that FC watch! I love it!

Lara...thank you! I adore your pearls and can't believe how well your DH did without your help! I have a SS pendant and need some matching earrings, so it was great to see ear shots of yours!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Hope I am not too late! Big surprise for me this year:
015b75fcec13bf545818003bd15156de3c0347c529.jpg

1.81 ct. unheated tanzanite in a platinum and diamond halo; this isn't the best reflection of the actual purple of the stone. It's really bright, perfectly medium purple!

I love it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely Christmas presents everyone!! Please keep them coming. What a great way to start a new year!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry no new pics and while it wasn't technically "for" Christmas, that's around when I ending up getting it and so got to wear it around Christmas. And After Christmas I bought myself a deep green-blue (teal?) sweater so I would have something that complements it :naughty:

I also received from my sister (well to my daughters but I will hold onto them for them) three pieces of my grandmother's costume jewelry, a "diamond" and "pearl" mesh bracelet, a "diamond" bow pin and a "diamond" deer pin. They bring back memories (I remember my grandmother wearing the deer pendant around Christmas) and am so glad I have them.

12_07_13_1.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1388297719|3582356 said:

Lara...thank you! I adore your pearls and can't believe how well your DH did without your help! I have a SS pendant and need some matching earrings, so it was great to see ear shots of yours!

Luckily for DH, I am living in Western Australia, so there does seem to be a reasonable availability of fairly good quality south sea pearls in local independant jewellery stores. There does seem to be some pitting on the pendant when you look very closely, but the shape is very pleasing and the lustre is lovely.

I am yet to visit a high end Western Australian-source pearl store though - think Kailis, http://www.kailisjewellery.com.au/en/index.php, Paspaley http://www.paspaley.com, or Linneys http://www.linneys.com.au/ so I am yet to know for sure how these local offerings match up to the big names which source from the same pearling locality.

I will be fixing my ignorance shortly though as I am off for a two night stay for my 10 year wedding anniversary, and the high end hotel is right next door to Linneys!!

Also, sorry for the droopy earring *embarrassed*. Since posting the picture I am sure to push the backs in properly!!
I do like this size though...any larger would be unwieldy for me. :wink2:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love your ring, Partgypsy!

Aviastar, your UNHEATED TANZANITE had me exclaiming out loud! Your ring is beautiful! I didn't know tanzanite was available unheated! :appl:

Angel2013

Rough_Rock
I received my very own Mark Morrell band a day before Christmas :D

Here are some pics from Mark and my crappy iPhone pics

_13215.jpg

_13216.jpg

_13217.jpg

_13218.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Some great gifts to selves and from SO!!! Nice thread you started here Circe....

here is a present for me= my carre eternity. It seems to stack well= Yay!

_13221.jpg

photo__11_3.jpg

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
LaraOnline|1388385692|3582892 said:
Ooh I love your ring, Partgypsy!

Aviastar, your UNHEATED TANZANITE had me exclaiming out loud! Your ring is beautiful! I didn't know tanzanite was available unheated! :appl:

Thank you Lara! "My" jewelers carry a few unheated pieces of tanzanite, but they are also cutters so I guess they can get the rough unheated and cut it themselves.

Your new pearls are gorgeous!

Angel- I love Mark Morell's metal work, it's just divine!

Greg- you have such elegant set options! Lovely!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this in a separate thread but thought I'd post here too! 18" strand of cultured pearls from my sweetie...

_13227.jpg

Tennismom

Rough_Rock
This thread is great! You all have beautiful jewelry! This is my new set after I lost mine. It came too late for our anniversary but just in time for Christmas.

_13248.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tennismom|1388464195|3583571 said:
This thread is great! You all have beautiful jewelry! This is my new set after I lost mine. It came too late for our anniversary but just in time for Christmas.

Ummm, Tennismom, please... need a separate SMTB thread on these beauties!! :love: :love:

My 3rd set of 2 carat hoops should be here tomorrow--- please cross your fingers for me! :bigsmile:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my new pendant. I had it made up in December, so call it Merry Christmas to me. :)

I've had the opal for a while - as I recall it was about 3 carats before being made into a doublet. It is approximately 11x14mm and is set in a 22k gold granulated bezel with a bezeled kornerupine and a diamond. The design was by me, and it was executed by the incredibly skilled master of gold granulation, Elizabeth Ryle.

img_0875_opal.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
That opal is stunning!! *drool*

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1388493332|3583686 said:
This is my new pendant. I had it made up in December, so call it Merry Christmas to me. :)

I've had the opal for a while - as I recall it was about 3 carats before being made into a doublet. It is approximately 11x14mm and is set in a 22k gold granulated bezel with a bezeled kornerupine and a diamond. The design was by me, and it was executed by the incredibly skilled master of gold granulation, Elizabeth Ryle.

Wow!! Beautiful and unique. That yellow gold is stunning...

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1388493664|3583688 said:
That opal is stunning!! *drool*

Thanks! I confess I love it too. I has a lot of rolling flash in it, with some really wicked royal purple at a certain angle.

I have a matched set of long skinny teardrop shaped doublets for earrings too. They have less red and more blue and green in them, but I suspect they will work well with the pendant. But the earrings are another project for another year. So many projects, so little time...and money is always a consideration. ;))

Oh, and here is the tiny, delicate pendant my husband got for me for Christmas. It's silver, gold, diamond, and pink sapphire.

pendant_5.jpg

pendant_6.jpg

pendant_7.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, your sapphire bracelet is simply stunning. Gemgirl, LOVE your snowflake. Wishing you health and much happiness in 2014!

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Santa showed up a bit late, but with a 3ctw estate baguette eternity band that has engraving on the sides.

I'm very late to the stacking party but am psyched to get going after being inspired by the many interesting ones on PS. I love baguettes in almost all forms, and this band scratched that itch for now and seemed like a classic foundation.

Happy 2014!

photo_1-3-1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1388385620|3582890 said:
diamondseeker2006|1388297719|3582356 said:

Luckily for DH, I am living in Western Australia, so there does seem to be a reasonable availability of fairly good quality south sea pearls in local independant jewellery stores. There does seem to be some pitting on the pendant when you look very closely, but the shape is very pleasing and the lustre is lovely.

I am yet to visit a high end Western Australian-source pearl store though - think Kailis, http://www.kailisjewellery.com.au/en/index.php, Paspaley http://www.paspaley.com, or Linneys http://www.linneys.com.au/ so I am yet to know for sure how these local offerings match up to the big names which source from the same pearling locality.

I will be fixing my ignorance shortly though as I am off for a two night stay for my 10 year wedding anniversary, and the high end hotel is right next door to Linneys!!

Also, sorry for the droopy earring *embarrassed*. Since posting the picture I am sure to push the backs in properly!!
I do like this size though...any larger would be unwieldy for me. :wink2:

Lara, I was looking at the pearls and didn't even notice droopy earrings! You will have a lot of fun going to the special pearl jewelry stores! I have only been to Mikimoto once and would LOVE to go to your stores that specialize in SS pearls! :love: I am the very proud owner of a fabulous Kailis pendant that I got for an incredibly good deal here in the US! So eventually, I hope to get some earrings, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lots of new and great things posted!!!! Love all the new rings and eternities and pearls, and :love: ksinger, that pendant is just gorgeous!!! :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I'm late to the party and I don't even know where to begin! They are all so beautiful!

Distracts- that pendant is so fabulous!

IEPrincess- love the antique ring!

Susimoo- YUM!!!!!

Circe, Mowtownmama, Redwood....um...WOWOWOW!!! :love:

Mr Bcat surprised me with a pair of baguette eternities that I had tried on at IDJ when we were in NY in the fall.

One is diamond baguettes and rounds and one has peridot baguettes with diamond rounds. (There's a reason for this that I hope to complete later this year. :naughty: )

Here's they are with my VanC wedding band.

2013xmasa.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results