shape
carat
color
clarity

20 carat diamond for sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rachelle

Rough_Rock
I have been offered by a bank (my aunt workes for one) a 20.12 round diamond. It is loose and certified as I1 fracture filled. color is L. It is certified by AIG. and supposed to be worth 199,700. depth 61% table 62.5%. From the picture that was sent the stone looks good. They want to know what I am offering for it and I have no idea what is fair for a fracture filled stone of I/L quality. What is fracture filling and how would it affect the stone? Can it still be clarity enhanced or is that the same thing. Thank you for your help.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
If you don't know what to offer then maybe you should skip investing in diamonds
confused.gif

People on PS are buying jewelery with the full knowledge their rings are beautiful but poor investments

edited to add:

Seen many posts on enhanced diamonds. Do a search on enhanced and fracture filled.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
My question to you is what are you going to do with a 20ct diamond? That is a huge rock!! (just curious...
confused.gif
)

9.gif

rachelle

Rough_Rock
it is not an investment. I have purchased and sold enough stones to know that diamonds are for fun not investing. Anyway I thought it would look nice with my 4 carat eternity band. it really is a pretty stone and it flashes and sparkels alot. I wear a 31/2 so the stones are are large.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ignore the supposed value provided by AIG. Pay no more than you are willing to spend for your own consumption. This is a bauble that would be good fun at parties and I'm sure you can find a jeweler that can make a beautiful and interesting piece out of it.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

rachelle

Rough_Rock
thank you but what is a fair offer?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
According to yehuda, 30% less than a non-filled diamond LINK. Also note THIS - it may be marketing bs but maybe not...?

reena

Ideal_Rock
i'm sorry, is anyone else completely and totally confused by this post???

Todd07

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 9/22/2004 7:47:19 PM rachelle wrote:

it is not an investment. I have purchased and sold enough stones to know that diamonds are for fun not investing. Anyway I thought it would look nice with my 4 carat eternity band. it really is a pretty stone and it flashes and sparkels alot. I wear a 31/2 so the stones are are large.
----------------
Wow, a 20 carat diamond is so far beyond my comprehension or wallet. I just checked and the largest one in the PS database is only 3.2 carats. The largest CZ Wink sells on his site is ~ 4 carats. did see a 10c on Ebay though

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay, apparently it's just me.

let me try to explain my confusion. (i have many, many questions, but let's start with the basics.) your first post makes it sound like you want to SELL a 20c diamond. but the second post makes it sound like you want to BUY one--because it would look good with your eternity band?
confused.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I'll try to give a straight answer.

For starters, I would not be inclined to believe the data on the report. If you don't have the opportunity to get it examined by an expert, I would drop it by at least 1 grade in both clarity and color when I made my bid. I would then drop 30% off the bottom for the fracture filling. Even at $600/ct you are still talking about a fair amount of money and it would do you some good to speak to a professional about it. Do you have the opportunity to actually examine the stone or must you bid based on a photograph? Can you arrange to show it to a pro? Can you post the photograph?

Fracture filled means the same thing as clarity enhanced.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

rachelle

Rough_Rock
yes I want to buy one. I just do not know what a fracture filled one goes for and If I can still have it clarity enhanced. I know it is huge. I cannot find any place to compare it too.

reena

Ideal_Rock
if i may ask, what do you plan to do with it? wear it?

rachelle

Rough_Rock
I would love to post the photo but it won't let me. If you like I can send the picture to you and a picture of the report. I would have to buy it based on the photo because I do not have time to go out there.

rachelle

Rough_Rock
Yes, is that to big for a ring? I don't think I have ever seen anythng bigger then 11 carats in person.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is absolutely WAY too big for a ring. My thought was that maybe find a cutter and have it cut down so that its a clearer diamond and maybe make like a 5ct and a few smaller carats and some earrings or something. You could probably have that thing cut into some really GORGEOUS stones.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do not mess around - have them send it to an appraiser of your choosing.

They send it out, and the appraiser returns to them.
You need not be involved.

Or you take the appraiser there if they will not send the stone out.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i mean no disrespect by this AT ALL, but are you pulling my leg? or, are you melania knauss? i just have never heard of anyone purchasing such a large stone.

let me tell you how to post the pics, cause i have to see this baby.

1) open the picture on your computer in "paint" or similar.

2) save it as a NEW document, making SURE that you save it as a jpg file. (usually there's a dropdown menu with that option on the save screen).

3) close paint.

4) you should now be able to upload the new jpg paint file on to your post. make sure you upload before typing anything.

Edited to add:
rodent.gif

rachelle

Rough_Rock
thank you I like the last suggestion by cut nut, but that does not tell me how much I should be willing to pay for it. They do not care if I buy it or not. So pretty much they said name my best offer and they find out if it is ok. If not they are planning to put it on ebay so you might see it if they want more then I am willing to spend. Is it really to big for a ring? My husband says it will look like a ring pop but I do not think it will be that big!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its absolutely absurd for a ring. SEriously, if you buy this thing, get it recut by someone, I know people on here can recommend someone. Id say no bigger than 7ct (thats even insanely huge) for a ring. You could make quite a nice ring, earrings, pendant, bracelet, another ring...etc...out of that.

reena

Ideal_Rock
seriously, are you serious?

rachelle

Rough_Rock
yes i was, You are right though I starting graphing an 8 carat and that is the size of a dime! Anyway if someone will send me an email I can send them the picture I have of it. I tried three times and it still comes up error. Must be my computer or me. I would hate to have it cut. It looks so nice the way it is. If you watch ebay I am sure it will show up unless they find another buyer.

reena

Ideal_Rock
right, i mean here's anna kournikova's ring . . . i don't know how big it is but i would doubt it's even 20 carats and it is ABSURDLY large. like, i got it at the bottom of a box of lucky charms and it's adjustable, large.

ANNA.JPG

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH man I gag when I see Anna Ks ring. I don't care much for her anyway but that thing is just atrocious.

rachelle

Rough_Rock
I did not think that they cut stones to large to wear. Anyway in my defense it is very pretty.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you like it, have it appraised and buy it.

rachelle

Rough_Rock
I am having a terrible time finding a ring to match my eternity band. Any suggestions?

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
20 carats...unless it's for a very big "salad" it's way over the top! The simple beauty is gone and all that's left is excess!!! Anyway, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I understand where everyone is coming from--hey, I can't wear a 20 ct diamond, but if you want the 20 ct diamond and it will bring you pleasure to have it--you should have it. However, heed the experts' advice (a la Garry) and protect yourself--get it appraised so you know you are getting what you pay for.
1.gif

Also, are you comfortable with the clarity? At 20 cts, it's going to be easy to see "into the diamond" and spot imperfections.

PS Make sure your picture file is not too big and that there are no characters ($, #, @, <, etc) in the file title--those might get you an error. I'd love to see a 20 ct diamond if you could post pics.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
save some budget to hire a body guard for those occasions you wear it outside. Without the guard, people will just assume it's something other than a diamond.
angryfire.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results