shape
carat
color
clarity

2 sided halo setting from Maytal Hannah

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I finally decided on a forever home for my antique cushion - it was a tough decision and I kept going between a delicate halo and an antique-type setting like Single Stone or Sebastian Barier. Ultimately my husband's vote tipped the scale to going with a halo. I considered all the normal vendors - VC, SK and SS. I wanted it to be 100% hang forged and delicate. I also wanted to see diamonds on the side of the halo and not metal. SK was the first quote I got back and I was shocked at how much prices had gone up with his increasing popularity and time. My quote was on par with the ring I had him make my guy friend for his fiancée which was 3xs more diamonds and labor but that was a few years back. I decided to do a bit more research on any other possible vendors I wasn't thinking of and that's when I found an old ring I had saved on my computer years before for inspiration and the maker was Maytal Hannah. I decided to reach out to her and she got back to me right away herself and was extremely friendly. She sent me photos of her work which looked like what I wanted and so I requested a quote. It wasn't cheap by any means but was just over $1000 less than SK.

I gave her a few inspiration rings, pointed out what I like and what I didn't and let her do the rest. When I got it back there was no donut and for about 5 minutes I contemplated sending it back to add a donut but then realized how long and elegant looking the stems are without a donut. To me, this ring is perfection. The lines are so smooth and each part of the ring flows so fluidly together. I was able to compare my ring and my friends pave SK ring side by side and Maytal's work is definitely on par with SK and the other go-to vendors here. I also had her make me a 1.5mm hammered 22k gold band which I also love.

I receive compliments every day on this ring. I'd use her again for sure- in fact, Maytal is currently making me a platinum bezel rose cut eternity band.

Onto pics...

img_13066.jpg

img_13067.jpg

img_13064.jpg

img_13065.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
In the last pic above, the stone isn't tinted- I'm wearing a chartreuse top and it's pulling those colors. The stone is a crazy fire ball!

Here are a few more pics...

If you go to Maytal's IG, you can see a video of the ring which showcases it better than pics.

img_13068.jpg

img_13069.jpg

img_13070.jpg

img_13071.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you! :appl: The halo looks so delicate, too! So glad you found a permanent home for your stone!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
m-2-b|1476626462|4087631 said:
It looks beautiful on you! :appl: The halo looks so delicate, too! So glad you found a permanent home for your stone!
Thank you :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful!! I love it in a halo. Truly. Congratulations!

So now you have 2 antique cushions? One in a bangle and one in a halo? Am I confused? Wow, that's really awesome!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring!!! :appl: :love: looks beautiful on your finger!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE :love:

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! It is stunning!!! I love this-and I love your bangle-you are so lucky!!!!

What are the stats on this cushion?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1476640511|4087684 said:
It's really beautiful!! I love it in a halo. Truly. Congratulations!

So now you have 2 antique cushions? One in a bangle and one in a halo? Am I confused? Wow, that's really awesome!

Thanks! No, I have 1 antique cushion- I first set it in the bangle because I didn't like any inexpensive temp ring settings and now it's in this ring. I still have the empty bangle and will replace the cushion I removed with another diamond or maybe an emerald. :)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1476646018|4087699 said:
Gorgeous!!! :love: I really like Maytal and it is so good to see more of her work here on PS!
I agree- she's the sweetest!! She reminds me of Grace who I also adore- so personable and customer oriented. My ring is really as well done as the SK rings I've seen in person and her prices are quite better too!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Kasey3|1476650237|4087708 said:

Thanks! This diamond was taken from the bangle- now I need to find a stone to put back in the bangle! :)

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
LALove|1476654592|4087727 said:

Thanks! This diamond was taken from the bangle- now I need to find a stone to put back in the bangle! :)

yes you do!!! Your ring looks so good on you!!!!

May I ask you the details on the stone? Color and dimensions?

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Kasey3|1476655714|4087733 said:
LALove|1476654592|4087727 said:

yes you do!!! Your ring looks so good on you!!!!

May I ask you the details on the stone? Color and dimensions?

Never mind! I saw that you posted the certificate in your other thread

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg SO gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: This ring must be blowing your mind, it's absolutely beautiful and looks fantastic on you! I am very impressed by the workmanship, and if I'm ever fortunate enough to have a custom ring made I will seriously consider Maytal.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! Maytal does such beautiful work!

PierreBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and love the IRL photo, where you have a big smile on your face!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! Thanks for sharing! Would you mind sharing a couple shots of how flush the wedding band sits next to your ring from the side and profile below the halo?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
kgizo|1476662526|4087752 said:
It's beautiful and looks like a real sparkler!
Thank you! It's sparkles like mad- Adam promised me it would be and he was right :love:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Guess What: Dispersion and Fire Aren't the Same Thing
    Guess What: Dispersion and Fire Aren't the Same Thing
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.