shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Morganites: Which one to pick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 7:07:52 PM
Author: Arcadian
I''m going with consensus here. they''re both really too light. the yellow is way nicer looking as far as cutting than the pink. But hey, if they were cheap then is keeping both out of the question? (its what I do not that I should but well...you know...
21.gif
)

-A
That option is definitely still in the running - I like how you think. I think it could be set in a way to minimize the inclusions.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''m now keeping them both, actually - I got a really good price on the yellow, and the pink was free. I''m very happy.
9.gif

ColorKat

Rough_Rock
I prefer the one on the left. The pinker one.
ColorKat

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2009 7:42:15 PM
Author: cellentani
Date: 5/16/2009 7:07:52 PM

Author: Arcadian

I''m going with consensus here. they''re both really too light. the yellow is way nicer looking as far as cutting than the pink. But hey, if they were cheap then is keeping both out of the question? (its what I do not that I should but well...you know...
21.gif
)

-A

That option is definitely still in the running - I like how you think. I think it could be set in a way to minimize the inclusions.

Its because I''m such a gemwhore
9.gif
I don''t have a doubt you''ll come up with something for that pink.

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2009 11:51:13 AM
I''m now keeping them both, actually - I got a really good price on the yellow, and the pink was free. I''m very happy.
9.gif
well..then... it doesn''t hurt to get a gem for free
36.gif
can''t wait to see what you come up with on settings for both
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Interesting, pretty stones. I wish the colors were a bit stronger! Glad you get to keep them both. That is usually the best option
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
Free is my favorite price.
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 9:13:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

9.gif

9.gif

Mine too!
9.gif

I got a free piece of cake today, but Cellentani, I think you got a MUCH better deal
2.gif

I like both - I like the yellow one a lot as long as I don''t try to pigeonhole it in my thoughts as a morganite (and instead think of it as a yellow beryl, as you mentioned earlier). Love that cutting job!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 9:51:20 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 5/17/2009 9:13:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

9.gif

9.gif

Mine too!
9.gif

I got a free piece of cake today, but Cellentani, I think you got a MUCH better deal
2.gif

I like both - I like the yellow one a lot as long as I don''t try to pigeonhole it in my thoughts as a morganite (and instead think of it as a yellow beryl, as you mentioned earlier). Love that cutting job!
Thanks TL and BEG - yup, free is great.

Funny thing is, when I put the yellow beryl in a YG setting today, it looked pink -
33.gif
I''m thinking about ordering the legacy LOGR with a RG head/WG shank and seeing if the yellow looks better in it. If not, then hopefully I can just set the pink in it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Free is always good.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results