shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Carat Showdown: Opulence Oval vs AVC vs AVR - With Pictures!

Which diamond would you choose?

• Opulence Oval

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • AVC

Votes: 68 62.4%
  • Neither- Keep Looking!

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have to ask. Any regrets on your purchase? I recently bought a 2ct I colo AVO for my girlfriend and not seeing it in person make me slightly uneasy. I also over analyze my decisions lol.

Is your AVO exactly what you wanted and would you make the same decision to purchase it again OVER a traditional oval?

For the same price I could have gotten a colorless stone that faced up larger but WITHOUT the brilliance.

I actually ended up getting the AVR- so I can't speak to what it's like to own an AVO. Not sure if this is possible for you, but you can take the stone to a jewelry store and compare it to conventional ovals in person while you're still within the return window. It might give you peace of mind.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to ask. Any regrets on your purchase? I recently bought a 2ct I colo AVO for my girlfriend and not seeing it in person make me slightly uneasy. I also over analyze my decisions lol.

Is your AVO exactly what you wanted and would you make the same decision to purchase it again OVER a traditional oval?

For the same price I could have gotten a colorless stone that faced up larger but WITHOUT the brilliance.

Hi @YoManila - I’m sorry your stressing! I totally understand though because I do the same thing. I thought my last big purchase was going to break me, I was so torn up!

For what it’s worth, I used to own a conventional oval. I sold it. Even though it was a decent oval, it was never OMG. As you know from the other thread, I’ve personally seen the 1.53 G you were considering. They are wow stones. I don’t think you’ll regret it at all. If you see the I and the color isn’t your cup of tea, it should be easy to return and you could trade for the G. Just to try to ease your worries a bit! I don’t think you’ll regret the AVO at all! Please come back and let us know what you think once you get your hands on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results