shape
carat
color
clarity

2 carat RB Search sadly continues

Parkma

Rough_Rock
Looks like the other 2 stones you guys all liked got snatched up. :(

So here is another. This time, I am weary to post the link as I’ve been formed that the stones that get posted here get snatched up quickly.

Please help me review this diamond. Would appreciate your thoughts!

285FABD5-AD75-477E-8944-8ECD8E14966B.jpeg 30DC71A7-1445-432D-92B4-70199854B565.jpeg 08875887-F21F-4A76-9040-DA4A52A1B69D.jpeg

How is this one relative to the old E diamond. Kicking myself for losing that one.

jBright

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, that stinks that they got scooped up! But that’s why I was weary on waiting too long to purchase mine!

a person (not from PS, so take it w a grain of salt) recommended this diamond to me:

Worth a look possibly!

Good luck!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the other 2 stones you guys all liked got snatched up. :(

So here is another. This time, I am weary to post the link as I’ve been formed that the stones that get posted here get snatched up quickly.

Please help me review this diamond. Would appreciate your thoughts!

285FABD5-AD75-477E-8944-8ECD8E14966B.jpeg 30DC71A7-1445-432D-92B4-70199854B565.jpeg 08875887-F21F-4A76-9040-DA4A52A1B69D.jpeg

How is this one relative to the old E diamond. Kicking myself for losing that one.
Get this one

Parkma

Rough_Rock
Oh no, that stinks that they got scooped up! But that’s why I was weary on waiting too long to purchase mine!

a person (not from PS, so take it w a grain of salt) recommended this diamond to me:

Worth a look possibly!

Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion! Will look!

Parkma

Rough_Rock
Get this one

Thanks for the input! Is this better than E? I will probably never upgrade again so this might be it...

What about the pale area under the table?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy this one. It looks great

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input! Is this better than E? I will probably never upgrade again so this might be it...

What about the pale area under the table?

Some people may prefer this over the "E" option, mainly because of the smaller table. I personally think they are about equal.

There is a minor flaw/leakage at 10 oclock. But you cannot be too picky when shopping at this carat and color range as you alway know. I give 95/100.

100/100 would be this one

Parkma

Rough_Rock
Some people may prefer this over the "E" option, mainly because of the smaller table. I personally think they are about equal.

There is a minor flaw/leakage at 10 oclock. But you cannot be too picky when shopping at this carat and color range as you alway know. I give 95/100.

100/100 would be this one

Thanks!!! The numbers really help make sense of the diamond assessments.

Is that 95/100 based on the IS?
The 100/100 diamond looks so awesome. How hard would it be to find another like that? Or even another like the one I just found.

And I’m not sure if we are allowed to talk about pricing in this forum but wondering — any guesses on how much the diamond I posted should cost around?

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The 100/100 diamond looks so awesome. How hard would it be to find another like that? Or even another like the one I just found.

And I’m not sure if we are allowed to talk about pricing in this forum but wondering — any guesses on how much the diamond I posted should cost around?

We are allowed to talk about prices.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It requires alot of searching, time and luck to find a diamond like that unless you go with WF ACA or CBI. 2.0ct I/H/G color diamonds are extremely popular. It is like well built houses in a popoular neighbhorhood with good school. There are not many on the market to begin with. When one becomes available, it gets sold within couple days.

It is not uncommon some of us spend 2~3 months waiting and picking the right stone.

Parkma

Rough_Rock
@flyingpig
Been thinking what if I go smaller and better color. Price difference is *relatively* small. I would state the price but I’m afraid of these stones getting snatched up.

What are your thoughts on this one:
604847F6-1FBB-4410-A74D-4F917FB05769.jpeg 55CAF691-2BED-4312-B3AF-EA5C7E3DBE3A.jpeg

It doesn’t have IS image unfortunately.

Last edited:

Parkma

Rough_Rock
@flyingpig

Or this one. Score?

This one does have IS

891BCFCA-8B5E-4449-806B-906A1B972FAF.jpeg 6B002053-D2E7-443F-97CB-BF0B5A1D4D79.jpeg A1986412-0775-48DE-BCBD-34A4DF885DE4.jpeg

Concerns of the blue fluorescence?

Guesstimates on the prices of these?

Thanks for spending time to review all these.

Last edited:

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
Among the three, the 2.1-I-VVS1 is the best. Get it.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I would not get a D with MBF. No reason to pay for that high color even with the MBF discount. Just get the I-VVS1.

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Hi Parkma, I noticed that all your options are clarity VVS2? Apologies if I missed this before, but are you set on that?
I think there's a huge difference between and E and I color and color would argubly be more noticeable than clarity. Would it be an option to go down in clarity to say VS and get a higher color than I? What's your budget?

I think this is a minor thing but for perfectionists out there I just want to point out the part I've circled on the 2.1 I VVS2. My understanding is this is some obstruction - @flyingpig or others - feel free to correct me

1593401449714.png

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Parkma, I noticed that all your options are clarity VVS2? Apologies if I missed this before, but are you set on that?
I think there's a huge difference between and E and I color and color would argubly be more noticeable than clarity. Would it be an option to go down in clarity to say VS and get a higher color than I? What's your budget?

I think this is a minor thing but for perfectionists out there I just want to point out the part I've circled on the 2.1 I VVS2. My understanding is this is some obstruction - @flyingpig or others - feel free to correct me

1593401449714.png

It is fine. The stone is tilted, thus the "obstruction."

Parkma

Rough_Rock
I would not get a D with MBF. No reason to pay for that high color even with the MBF discount. Just get the I-VVS1.

The stone is <18k. I feel like it’s lower than expected? Correct me if I am wrong

Parkma

Rough_Rock

My budget is around $16k. Willing to go down to VS — would this help a lot?

I was looking at H stones but they also look a bit yellow. Just like I stones. Couldn’t justify the jump in price. But yes. A better color for VS, I’m willing to consider

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
i would pick 2.1ct i vvs1, because i dont think you need to get a d color because of a stone at this size, one wouldn't be able to tell. also, this 2.1ct one has none fluorescence.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
My budget is around $16k. Willing to go down to VS — would this help a lot?

I was looking at H stones but they also look a bit yellow. Just like I stones. Couldn’t justify the jump in price. But yes. A better color for VS, I’m willing to consider

in fact i was about to ask about the clarity. i dont think it's necessary to go for vvs level. for stones at this size, vs level should give you eyeclean. as long as it's eyeclean, i wouldn't mind. personally i would set my color bottom line at h, and if you are willing to go down to vs. it should give you bigger stones and more options. you can also have the vendor take pictures of stones of different color/clarity grading side by side so you can compare. that may help you make a decision.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
the reason why the price difference for 2.1ct and 1.8ct is "relatively small" may be due to that: 1. there is a big price jump when you go from 1.x ct to 2ct; 2. color grading i is cheaper than color d. thus, these two factors might have offset each other and resulted in a small price difference. just my 2 cents.

Parkma

Rough_Rock
in fact i was about to ask about the clarity. i dont think it's necessary to go for vvs level. for stones at this size, vs level should give you eyeclean. as long as it's eyeclean, i wouldn't mind. personally i would set my color bottom line at h, and if you are willing to go down to vs. it should give you bigger stones and more options. you can also have the vendor take pictures of stones of different color/clarity grading side by side so you can compare. that may help you make a decision.

Thanks for your input Stonehunter!

Wondering. Is the difference between I and H worth the price jump?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your input Stonehunter!

Wondering. Is the difference between I and H worth the price jump?

It can be if you're color sensitive.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
You are all over the board on size and color. I think there is a big difference between H & I, sort of a definitive shift for me personally. But to be looking at I color and then to D, that’s so apples and oranges. And if you want colorless, E is a much better “value” than D. Also I agree with everyone on going a little lower in clarity - have you considered an SI1? Also, you’ve looked at over 2ct and now considering 1-3/4 range? Will you be happy with that size?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, my advice is for you to be decisive about your own "mind-clean" criteria, and stick to them.

Being indecisive would risk losing out on good stones, again!

DK :))

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
OP, I think there can be a noticeable difference between H and I but it really depends on the stone as sometimes it can be a high H that's closer to G or a low H that's closer to I. See the thread below.

If I went with I, like the above thread, I'd get something bigger :D

Have you decided on one of the above diamonds or are you still in the market?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results