shape
carat
color
clarity

2.82 H VS1 CIH and Victor Canera Emilya Halo

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
A comment for whoever looking at this thread in the future and doing research for H color:

Does H color show tint?
For me, the only true colorless which is icy white is D&E color, I noticed tint from F color. So of course, H color will show some tint. However, everyone have different level of comfortability (if its even a word) and different level of acceptance regarding how warm can one go. The only way to find out is seeing it yourself in real life and be your own judge of which color you can accept and didn’t get bothered by the tint.

Agree, @munchee. I say I’m more color- tolerant. H is a happy place for me. It’s near colorless enough for me. I would not go lower than H though. That’s my line of color tolerance :). Would I love to have an E Or F? You betcha! But my pocket wouldn’t like it. Hahaha. Enjoy your beauty!!!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 who doesn’t want E color right???? But we got to be realistic.. but who knows... maybe someday, we’ll get there!! Got to keep on dreaming!!! Dream high!! It’ll be more precious with all the effort to got there!;)2;)2

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful new ring! It is stunning and well deserved! I'm impressed that you worked specifically to
get the ring of your dreams! YOU did it!!!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful new ring! It is stunning and well deserved! I'm impressed that you worked specifically to
get the ring of your dreams! YOU did it!!!

Thank you!!!!! Got to start somewhere even sometime it doesn’t feel like its going anywhere:lol: I was on it for years actually and prepared to be on it for another decade(s):lol-2:

Last edited:

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Awful car lighting in an awful rainy day.
59AA8CC5-7007-4326-9495-22B2410CED7F.jpeg 66AE97C3-6CB8-4C23-8EF1-D7E24D5FD1D5.jpeg

Attachments

• F09C0882-7AFE-4E6D-A2B0-21ABC56DF245.jpeg
    F09C0882-7AFE-4E6D-A2B0-21ABC56DF245.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 18
  • AF74351F-5F4C-47EF-91AC-6F2002CD9AA1.jpeg
    AF74351F-5F4C-47EF-91AC-6F2002CD9AA1.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Earlier today I saw someone in this forum posted a picture of her DD trying on her ring. And I was curious so I asked my DD if she wants to try my ring. I was surprised my ring size was not too big for her :eek2::eek2:

here’s my ring on my DD finger 02E477B6-3952-4C85-A61D-7561F1F1A991.jpeg

Lani

Rough_Rock
Incredibly beautiful! Congrats!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Been only couple days..... but....
I think its shrinking...... DSS is real!!! :cry2::cry2:

Hahaha. Funny but not funny. It’s for real for sure! DSS set in for me within a couple days. But in all honestly, if I ever upgrade again, max size will absolutely only be 8.8 to 9mm for daily wear. But... famous last words... hahaha.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha. Funny but not funny. It’s for real for sure! DSS set in for me within a couple days. But in all honestly, if I ever upgrade again, max size will absolutely only be 8.8 to 9mm for daily wear. But... famous last words... hahaha.
Lol its always been like that right.. before we really own it, we’ll think its enough :lol-2:
I think we’ll stop if we can cover all of our finger, maybe we won’t have DSS.

Nope, never stop taking pictures because you’ve done good!
:lol-2::lol-2: I need to learn to take a good picture of bling... its so hard...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Don’t they know mommy needs a distraction from their constant screaming and online schooling??!!! :lol: Mommy is under a lot of stress for almost a year :lol::lol:
Yesterday during our walk I was taking pictures of my hand facing in the sky and my middle said: “Come on mommy!! Stop taking pictures of the sky!!”
I think mommy needs some me time to just take some pictures of her new bling!

btw, love love love your pictures!!! How can it be so clear? Mine are blurry all the time, did you use tripod????

Oh @munchee I SO feel you! The scene you described is exactly why I am searching for an OEC--I deserve it! :lol-2:

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
Great choice to widen the band, it's great on you and adorable on your DD

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @munchee I SO feel you! The scene you described is exactly why I am searching for an OEC--I deserve it! :lol-2:

I knowwww.... thats also the reason I’ve been spending blings these days!!!! My last bling purchase was back in 2017, even before that I didn’t buy much at all. But this year alone I bought 3rings, update my studs, I need to stay sane, I’m literally going insane!!!! I envy moms that still can go out to work, being locked with these little ones 24/7 for a year seriously is damaging my mental health!!! :lol-2:

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice to widen the band, it's great on you and adorable on your DD

Thank you!!! Layla from HPD talked me out from getting a thin band for security and I agree with her that this width is still small enough and provide more security...
And of course my DD won’t let go my ring easily and she said: “I also want a ring like this mommy”. I told her work hard when you grew up and earn it yourself :lol: but I don’t think she even listen to what I said.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I knowwww.... thats also the reason I’ve been spending blings these days!!!! My last bling purchase was back in 2017, even before that I didn’t buy much at all. But this year alone I bought 3rings, update my studs, I need to stay sane, I’m literally going insane!!!! I envy moms that still can go out to work, being locked with these little ones 24/7 for a year seriously is damaging my mental health!!! :lol-2:

100% !! I didn't even join PS until last year! PS is my escape and hopefully bling is cheaper than therapy :lol: safe at home = spendy at home

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Finally getting a good sunny day..
My observation about this diamond still the same. The 2.6ct that I got previously have couple big flashes but not much smaller flashes. So it looks like it’s only giving me flashes from couple places. This diamond is more of small flashes but everywhere even in the corner. I think I can see the pattern which differentiates why both stones behaving the way they do, but I’m not good with words....

BC392AF3-EC0F-4675-AA97-FD5CD8253CF4.jpeg

Attachments

• 0418C608-2E47-4237-98D1-7B6A8D931153.jpeg
    0418C608-2E47-4237-98D1-7B6A8D931153.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 0B66FD72-1911-48DB-8038-A9D036F23B3A.jpeg
    0B66FD72-1911-48DB-8038-A9D036F23B3A.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 19
  • D7B969F1-0CB2-439D-9EBE-33CD55648BD5.jpeg
    D7B969F1-0CB2-439D-9EBE-33CD55648BD5.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
brb while i go digging for gold to pay for something this beautiful! This is amazing! The sparkles are incredible! you are so lucky and i wish you all the best! <3

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
brb while i go digging for gold to pay for something this beautiful! This is amazing! The sparkles are incredible! you are so lucky and i wish you all the best! <3

:lol:You’re funny... Thank you!!! Wish you found some gold and get the blings you want!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful stones I have ever seen. Just stunning, Congratulations !

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Finally!!! After long search its here!!
This is a new milestone for me. Being a stay at home mom with no income and be able to save money and earn some additional income without actually working to get this ring without begging my DH to buy it for me and he can’t say anything to me spending what he said “spending it ridiculously for a single piece of rock”. And I did it!!!! Don’t know how now that I think back, but the most important thing is I did it without robbing anyone!!!! This ring is a symbol for me that nothing is impossible.

I begin my hunt from November 2020, I started with looking for 2.8-3ct J color from Virtual vendors with Super ideal parameters and I was surprised to found out that there’s not a big price difference from virtual vendors Vs. Super ideal vendors if the stones are within Super Ideal parameters. I found out if its low 2ct-ish there’s a big price jump but within 2.8-3ct-ish, not so much. I don’t know if its because when I was looking there were limited stocks in the market so the cheaper ones were taken. Bottomline, there was not much price difference at the time I was searching. So I stick with Super Ideal vendors. My center diamond search journeys are in other threads.

For other people, it makes sense to find the stone first and set it temporarily and get permanent setting later. But thru this journey, I found out that I want a ring, which contains of the diamond and the right setting. So for me the setting is as important as the diamond. When I was looking for a setting I fell in love with Emilya Halo from Victor Canera.

I’ve been looking for a diamond everywhere, I contacted WF, HPD so many times, too many times and only VC have a diamond within my range. WF got more 2.9-3ct H on November but at that time I was looking for a J color diamond (my budget that time only get me J color). By the time I have more budget for 2.8-3ct G/H all of the good ones are taken. So it was like it wasn’t meant to be and this one diamond was at the right place at the right time.
It was still being cut and I had to wait for about a month to just take a look of it.

I asked Victor to make the Emilya shank wider than what he usually made. And I asked for 6 prongs instead of 4. I am extremely happy with how the ring turns out. Owning a diamond this size has been my dream, and with this setting its just feels right. I’m not used to say “How beautiful is something that I own”. I only can say I enjoy looking at my ring, so much that I was staring at it and took tons of pictures of it.

For Victor Canera workmanship I don’t think I need to say any further, its just like what everyone said. He knows what he’s doing and he mastered it! I would love to have another project with him! Victor and his team has been awesome to me. Usually I got to stick with 1 SA but this entire process I got to know Victor, Nathan and Nicholas. I can’t thank you enough for the prompt responses and didn’t get annoyed with my tons of emails. Thank you for finishing the ring in 2 weeks and still nailed it!

Not posting pictures feels like hit and run and just not right.... Here are some pictures I owe to all PSers that has been helping me thru the entire journey. I can’t thank you all enough for all the advices and keeping me sane. Thank you all for lending me your ears (eyes) to listen (read) to all my dilemmas. No one can understand the struggle inside my head & my heart better than PSers! I don’t want to tag because I’m afraid I left someone out.

PS. This is a size 4.25 ring but I think its too loose, I should’ve get size 4.

The drive back home from FedEx was a dangerous one
CD3FE148-95B4-4967-B674-ED24B6208C5F.jpeg

Got time while picking up my DD from school.
477DD35C-05C7-4A3E-8403-387E184551AA.jpeg 89C2EE21-2C72-4F48-87B1-D25E289FDCF6.jpeg

Went for a walk and my DD said: “Stop taking pictures!!”
1710EAE2-718F-431B-B254-9BDDE23460E1.jpeg FAE76DA3-DDC2-407E-945F-401C102D2A43.jpeg

Your ring is lovely, looks perfect on your hand. After reviewing your story several times, do you offer financial training classes? My would love to own list has grown and my DH comes from the school, " you want to spend what on that rock". Desparatly need income resource training. I purchased two diamonds from Alex Park, yes I freely admit I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to his inventory ( which I adore). Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks so much and enjoy your new treasure.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is lovely, looks perfect on your hand. After reviewing your story several times, do you offer financial training classes? My would love to own list has grown and my DH comes from the school, " you want to spend what on that rock". Desparatly need income resource training. I purchased two diamonds from Alex Park, yes I freely admit I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to his inventory ( which I adore). Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks so much and enjoy your new treasure.

I’m sorry not that I don’t want to but I’m not confident because I’m not an expert and far from good with money.
Maybe you can open a thread like financial tips, or how to save for bling etc so that PSers here can chip in what they do/did and you can find some ways that’s doable for you. If Open a thread giving financial advices I’m afraid I’ll get laughed at :lol: Because a lot of people here is better with money than I do.

as for the stock and why I choose stock market is because its something that has been a discussion topic in my family since I was in highschool so I’ve been getting a lot of do and don’t which my dad has been brain stormed me for ages. Even to this day, my family group chat is discussing stocks =)2 So I’m not recommending going on stock market without any knowledge. I’ve seen my friends got couple looses too because they just enter the market like everyone elses does. Tbh, to be able to make this purchase, all of my stock can’t be sold at a loose, all the stock at least make 40% return, many 90%ish and couple boom one like tsla, apple, roku. Otherwise its not possible for me to get this stone. And to be able to do that I was learning about it first, so its not as easy as it seems. I didn’t say it in my previous posts because I don’t want to derail it from the bling. But now I’m afraid that any reader here will go to stock market without researching.=)2

Last edited:

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
Your ring turned out beautifully! I especially love your wide band!

Do you know how many wide the band is?

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sigh...this is such a lovely ring to just stare at. I don't know how you get anything done! I know I wouldn't if that were on my finger, lol!

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Suits your finger perfectly. And it’s awesome to hear that you paid for it by trading in stocks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results