shape
carat
color
clarity

2.82 H VS1 CIH and Victor Canera Emilya Halo

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Finally!!! After long search its here!!
This is a new milestone for me. Being a stay at home mom with no income and be able to save money and earn some additional income without actually working to get this ring without begging my DH to buy it for me and he can’t say anything to me spending what he said “spending it ridiculously for a single piece of rock”. And I did it!!!! Don’t know how now that I think back, but the most important thing is I did it without robbing anyone!!!! This ring is a symbol for me that nothing is impossible.

I begin my hunt from November 2020, I started with looking for 2.8-3ct J color from Virtual vendors with Super ideal parameters and I was surprised to found out that there’s not a big price difference from virtual vendors Vs. Super ideal vendors if the stones are within Super Ideal parameters. I found out if its low 2ct-ish there’s a big price jump but within 2.8-3ct-ish, not so much. I don’t know if its because when I was looking there were limited stocks in the market so the cheaper ones were taken. Bottomline, there was not much price difference at the time I was searching. So I stick with Super Ideal vendors. My center diamond search journeys are in other threads.

For other people, it makes sense to find the stone first and set it temporarily and get permanent setting later. But thru this journey, I found out that I want a ring, which contains of the diamond and the right setting. So for me the setting is as important as the diamond. When I was looking for a setting I fell in love with Emilya Halo from Victor Canera.

I’ve been looking for a diamond everywhere, I contacted WF, HPD so many times, too many times and only VC have a diamond within my range. WF got more 2.9-3ct H on November but at that time I was looking for a J color diamond (my budget that time only get me J color). By the time I have more budget for 2.8-3ct G/H all of the good ones are taken. So it was like it wasn’t meant to be and this one diamond was at the right place at the right time.
It was still being cut and I had to wait for about a month to just take a look of it.

I asked Victor to make the Emilya shank wider than what he usually made. And I asked for 6 prongs instead of 4. I am extremely happy with how the ring turns out. Owning a diamond this size has been my dream, and with this setting its just feels right. I’m not used to say “How beautiful is something that I own”. I only can say I enjoy looking at my ring, so much that I was staring at it and took tons of pictures of it.

For Victor Canera workmanship I don’t think I need to say any further, its just like what everyone said. He knows what he’s doing and he mastered it! I would love to have another project with him! Victor and his team has been awesome to me. Usually I got to stick with 1 SA but this entire process I got to know Victor, Nathan and Nicholas. I can’t thank you enough for the prompt responses and didn’t get annoyed with my tons of emails. Thank you for finishing the ring in 2 weeks and still nailed it!

Not posting pictures feels like hit and run and just not right.... Here are some pictures I owe to all PSers that has been helping me thru the entire journey. I can’t thank you all enough for all the advices and keeping me sane. Thank you all for lending me your ears (eyes) to listen (read) to all my dilemmas. No one can understand the struggle inside my head & my heart better than PSers! I don’t want to tag because I’m afraid I left someone out.

PS. This is a size 4.25 ring but I think its too loose, I should’ve get size 4.

The drive back home from FedEx was a dangerous one
CD3FE148-95B4-4967-B674-ED24B6208C5F.jpeg

Got time while picking up my DD from school.
477DD35C-05C7-4A3E-8403-387E184551AA.jpeg 89C2EE21-2C72-4F48-87B1-D25E289FDCF6.jpeg

Went for a walk and my DD said: “Stop taking pictures!!”
1710EAE2-718F-431B-B254-9BDDE23460E1.jpeg FAE76DA3-DDC2-407E-945F-401C102D2A43.jpeg

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous stone and of course the setting is to die for!! Congratulations!! :clap:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowwwww

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow! Everything about it is perfect. So glad you were able to get everything you wanted. What is your ring size?

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
A comment for whoever looking at this thread in the future and doing research for H color:

Does H color show tint?
For me, the only true colorless which is icy white is D&E color, I noticed tint from F color. So of course, H color will show some tint. However, everyone have different level of comfortability (if its even a word) and different level of acceptance regarding how warm can one go. The only way to find out is seeing it yourself in real life and be your own judge of which color you can accept and didn’t get bothered by the tint.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
It’s absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous stone and of course the setting is to die for!! Congratulations!! :clap:
Wow wow wow! Everything about it is perfect. So glad you were able to get everything you wanted. What is your ring size?
@lulu_ma

Thank you! Credit goes to VC team.

@Kim N my ring size is 4.25 but I think I should’ve get size 4s

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: I never get tired of seeing Emilya's, because they are some of the most beautiful, classic settings ever! Your diamond looks beautiful in the setting, and it was obviously meant to be to get the diamond and setting from Victor! I am so happy for you!

And I don't know how you managed to save that much money not working, but that's awesome!

Such an amazingly beautiful ring! It looks sooo nice on your hand.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful...enjoy it!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is insanely gorgeous, and it looks so huge on your tiny finger! I truly adore Victor's craftsmanship and this Emilya looks so perfect on you. Congratulations!!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty! Congrats!

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: I never get tired of seeing Emilya's, because they are some of the most beautiful, classic settings ever! Your diamond looks beautiful in the setting, and it was obviously meant to be to get the diamond and setting from Victor! I am so happy for you!

And I don't know how you managed to save that much money not working, but that's awesome!

Such an amazingly beautiful ring! It looks sooo nice on your hand.

thank you!!!!!

@diamondseeker2006 I cut off clothing, coffee and other spendings. From the end of 2019 I put $200-300/month in stock market when it wasn’t crazy like this year and got lucky from the stock I bought. For example, I got tesla stock for $250 each and it was $2825 when I sold it. And $149 each for apple and $496 when I sold it. Amongst other things, so its a lil bit here and there :D
My dad always said: If there’s a will, there’s a way.:D

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous!! Enjoy!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very happy for you @munchee that you got what you wanted, a VC Emilya. That is just the very best ending. And I'm especially happy that it met all your expectations and more. Enjoy and treasure that beautiful ring for many years to come.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so very happy for you @munchee that you got what you wanted, a VC Emilya. That is just the very best ending. And I'm especially happy that it met all your expectations and more. Enjoy and treasure that beautiful ring for many years to come.

Thank you for sharing your journey and teaching me to not easily settled! Let’s enjoy our ring in a good health!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new VC Emilya, @munchee ! :appl:It looks totally amazing on you! :kiss2: Will you be wearing a band with it (I prefer to wear mine solo)?

Please remember to add your new ring to the VC Emilya thread! Welcome to the VC Emilya club! :wavey:

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular! Congratulations on your beautiful ring.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your new VC Emilya, @munchee ! :appl:It looks totally amazing on you! :kiss2: Will you be wearing a band with it (I prefer to wear mine solo)?

Please remember to add your new ring to the VC Emilya thread! Welcome to the VC Emilya club! :wavey:

Thank you!!!! Your ring is such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your beautiful Emilya here!! Hopefully someday I can get as big as yours! :kiss2::kiss2:
I don’t have matching band with it :cry2: I actually loves to stack rings, I think I need spacer with this ring, but I only like 2rings in a stack, so I guess I’ll wear it solo.

Oh I forgot about that thread! Heading there!

@HollyC Thank you!!!! All the credits go to VC and his team =)2

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so happy for you! It’s a gorgeous ring! Enjoy it in good health!

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Congratulations @munchee!!! :mrgreen2: So happy that you finally found a stone that you love and a setting to match. Looks like a clean stone as well, based on the cert. Hope you enjoy it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results