shape
carat
color
clarity

2.73 RB with Custom Halo... Be careful what you ask for!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow your ring is amazing. I like it! Your stone is absolutely lovely. What are the specs on that besides the ct weight? I definitely want to hear the comments you get when you take that ring out and about. It''s a definite conversation starter - very fun.

Congrats on your bling-a-licious ring!
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hey Beacon! Thanks! It is very fun. Now I see how the setting can make such a huge difference. It's definitely a statement ring! I even think it's in cocktail ring territory! But I really love that about it. It's a ring. Not just a big rock on a platinum band anymore. I always wanted something extra special for this RB that we love so much.

And I can see myself growing old with this ring. No DSS. It's really lovelier in person. And I'm still getting used to it! I always adored the stone, but now I adore the ring as a whole. Couldn't be happier.
36.gif
When we were appraising the ring, I wasn't sure because the cert is out of state. FI says it's GIA F VS2. It's a 2.73 carat RB center with 1.6 carats of diamonds in the setting. I think the melee are .021 each. We were going to go .022 and I was even insisting on .023! I am so glad they went with .021 because you can see, that was clearly the max! I ran out of finger space so I may not even wear a wedding band with the ring. I may just put it on the other hand or custom design a TINY wedding ring! But my poor finger can't handle any more ring, so we'll see!!!!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful ring, I would notice that baby anywhere, across the street even...lol I love it. Enjoy and have fun with it. That would be a dream ring for me, so I am starting to dream...
35.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you are enjoying your ring and happy that it is more comfortable than your solitaire was. Have fun with it but do not blind yourself when in sunny conditions! :)

clop

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 6:53:45 PM
Author: Bliss
Clop! Congrats on your engagement, too!!!! Thanks for the props on the photography... I can''t take credit. It''s the new camera. Sony Cyber-Shot 8.1. Sometimes even the klutzy ones can happen upon a decent shot. You should see the ones that didn''t make it in the final cut! LOL. B-L-U-R-R-Y!

Thanks Bliss! You are being too modest with your skills and composition. I WISH I was as klutzy as you then! I have a similar camera, and I''ve yet to see such lovely pics from them
3.gif

Congrats again, I must have looked at the pictures a dozen times by now. Look forward to more!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Looks fantastic and your wear it beautifully!

What size are the surprise diamonds?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You know, if it wasn''t such an obviously gorgeous diamond, I''d say you just haloed your crystal door knob!
31.gif
9.gif

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
HOLY SMOKES!!!! That is stunning!!!!!!!! Your ring is the big sister to mine
emwink.gif
, LOL! Gorgeous ring and you wear it beautifully!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
whoa...

I''m pretty sure your surprise diamond is the size of my center stone!!

are you blind yet?!?!

6.gif

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Your Going to Kill someone with that thing! I love it!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It''s gorgeous! Talk about finger coverage!
10.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
Ouch... My eyes!!
10.gif

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is insane!!! (in a good way)

I am astonished. You go!

Anne

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Congrats on your beautiful new ring! It looks great on you!
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful ring and hands!

cheers--Sharon

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I know a woman who often says "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." She had had three miscarriages and so badly wanted a child. She asked prayer groups at church to pray for her to have a healthy pregnancy. Guess what happened to her? She had identical triplet boys!!!

Well, you might not have prayed for a ring like that, but you did ask for it. Glad you like the way it turned out -- enjoy!

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Wow Bliss...it is soooo gorgeous! I just recently got my big ole'' ring too and it took a minute or two to get over the "holy carp" feeling! Once I got over that feeling though, all I can do is just stare at all the beautiful bling on my finger! You have a beautiful, one-of-a-kind ring that will surely have women craning their necks to see it! Enjoy it and wear it in good health.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Wowee...stunning, simply stunning...impressive too...my gosh...speechless...I am happy you like it now!

dutchflowers

Rough_Rock
When I am done picking up my jaw off the floor I will write to tell you how beautiful your ring is
9.gif

It''s amazing!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Helllllo gorgeous! That is an impressive ring! I LOVE
30.gif
it! Not only is it gorgeous, but, the workmanship is flawless. It really makes your stone look even bigger! That is a DSS proof ring!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That is unbelievable! How do you concentrate when driving?
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe that the word that I am looking for here is "Wow." No, wait, I''m positive ... what a gorgeous stone! What fantastic workmanship! What an overall EFFECT! Talk about the whole being greater than the sum of its parts .... Congratulations, and wear it in joy and good health.

P.S. - Luvstheflash, I am so adopting "holy carp." It is the best thing I''ve heard all YEAR. That is going to class up my vocabulary considerably!
31.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Wow Bliss, I had to put my shades on cause you''re blinding me all the way over here in Katy, Texas! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your amazing ring.....what a beauty....enjoy it for a lifetime!!!!

Lori

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I think you may have solved the dreaded "shrinkage". If this "shrinks" we''re all doomed!
27.gif

blondie

Shiny_Rock
OMG - seriously, if you ever get DSS I will be very surprised!!! It''s a total stunner.....I have a feeling people might see that from across the room!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

alicej

Rough_Rock
It''s so beautiful. I''m sure it is a big change and that is always weird at first. This one is a no brainer though; it''s gorgeous, and do ENJOY that bling. Besides having a stone with such impressive size and brilliance, it is also a beautifully crafted piece. Such lovely hands, too!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I have to say I would''ve been in the camp of "don''t halo", but your ring really has turned out stunningly. I love the ratio of the centre to the pave, and the workmanship looks amazing. yay for ERD!

Great photos btw, and it looks *wow* on your pretty hand
5.gif

I''m glad you are enjoying your ring so much - oh, and I think if you do ever get DSS, we may need to commit you sweetheart!

congrats!
36.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 7:02:15 PM
Hey Beacon! Thanks! It is very fun. Now I see how the setting can make such a huge difference. It''s definitely a statement ring! I even think it''s in cocktail ring territory! But I really love that about it. It''s a ring. Not just a big rock on a platinum band anymore. I always wanted something extra special for this RB that we love so much.

And I can see myself growing old with this ring. No DSS. It''s really lovelier in person. And I''m still getting used to it! I always adored the stone, but now I adore the ring as a whole. Couldn''t be happier.
36.gif
When we were appraising the ring, I wasn''t sure because the cert is out of state. FI says it''s GIA F VS2. It''s a 2.73 carat RB center with 1.6 carats of diamonds in the setting. I think the melee are .021 each. We were going to go .022 and I was even insisting on .023! I am so glad they went with .021 because you can see, that was clearly the max! I ran out of finger space so I may not even wear a wedding band with the ring. I may just put it on the other hand or custom design a TINY wedding ring! But my poor finger can''t handle any more ring, so we''ll see!!!!
I love that! So sweet.

Stunning ring Bliss!!

BTW- Your pictures are some of the nicest that I`ve seen. You can tell your ring is first class - beautiful craftmanship.
36.gif

Enjoy!

Cachette
1.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, and quite eye catching!!!! (to say the least)
2.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 5:58:24 PM
(Psssst, do you think it''ll have ''roid rage? I''m scared now!)

hahaha!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results