shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.5ct blue sapphire, 1.2ctw diamond sides in WF Butterflies

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
My dream ring is here! I absolutely love it!

Stats and pics first:

2.55 ct round blue sapphire from Master Cut Gems. The stone is 8.22 x 8.12 x 5.13mm deep. The sides are my former studs: .615ct, 5.45mm, AGS Ideal cut, HVS1 and .61ct, 5.48mm, AGS Ideal cut, GVS1. It is set by Whiteflash in a modified Butterflies setting, originally designed by Pricescope’s own Yssie (to whom I will be forever grateful!). Platinum, size 7.5.

_19815.jpg

_19816.jpg

_19817.jpg

_19818.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 2.5ct blue sapphire, 1.2ctw diamond sides in WF Butterfl

Wow!!! This is true perfection! The sidestones match so perfectly with the Gorgeous center stone. The color of your sapphire is unbelievable: so pretty :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

More

_19819.jpg

_19820.jpg

_19821.jpg

_19822.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

More

_19823.jpg

_19824.jpg

_19825.jpg

_19826.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

In honor of the 4th of July:

_19827.jpg

_19828.jpg

_19829.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

The ring has a wonderful weight and is extremely comfortable. To my eye, it strikes the perfect balance between being substantial enough to work with the size of the stones and my size 7.5 finger while being svelte enough to look sleek and sexy.

Many, many thanks to Yssie, both for her incredible design and for providing me with enormous assistance during this process. And I'm so appreciative of all the PSers who shared their thoughts and suggestions with me as I picked a stone and vendor. Finally, I am extremely grateful to Leon, Vera, Liza and the whole team at Whiteflash. We went through 4 or 5 rounds of CADs and they never made me feel high maintenance – rather they made me feel like a super VIP customer the whole time.

I was engaged back in 2000 with a blue sapphire three stone. This is the grown up, PS'ified version of that ring. :naughty: While I love my original engagement ring for sentimental reasons, I never adored it aesthetically. This one I adore! I have the greatest husband so I think this amazing ring is a wonderful tribute to our very happy marriage. :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Acinom|1404461234|3706595 said:
Wow!!! This is true perfection! The sidestones match so perfectly with the Gorgeous center stone. The color of your sapphire is unbelievable: so pretty :love:
Thank you Acinom!! Your collection is the thing of dreams!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats I think it is perfectly proportioned on you and it looks both beautiful and elegant. I also love sapphires!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful blue color, love it!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

You have my dream ring, I want the exact same ring but with a Montana sapphire. I am so glad to see this setting with a sapphire and diamonds for perspective, it is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

Goodness! This is just GORGEOUS! I have a real thing for three stones at the moment and I really love the butterfly setting. So stunning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG Rosebloom, I love your new beautiful blue ring! :love: :love: :love:
It is perfect and I am so happy for you because you are such a sweetheart and you have a dream ring to match your sweet and beautiful personality and your wonderful marriage! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow I love it!!! Its both simple yet blingy. The color just pops from across the room!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock

Oh My God! I love that color, design and... and...! :love: :love: Stunning!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

Amazing ring! I love the color of the sapphire and it looks great on you. Congratulations.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great version of Yssie's 3 stone ring w/ your blue sapphire center!

Can you tell us what was modified from the original exactly? I believe the prongs are slightly different, too?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Wow!!! The color of your sapphire is amazing! I love the setting too, it is such a graceful design.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Dear Rosebloom :-o :-o :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout:

Spectacular! The proportions are perfect, the sapphire is so beautiful, the setting is exquisite :appl:

I'm so happy for you! All of your pieces are classic and beautiful. Enjoy your ring!

And pretty please let's have a mini GTG soon so I can see it IRL ;))

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

amazing!!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It is gorgeous!! I love the contrast of colors and the setting is beautiful!! Congrats!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Absolutely beautiful!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

What a delicious blue. The ring is so beautifully proportioned, and looks so comfortable, too. Congrats!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

I'm in love! That is gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I SO love this ring!!! :love: :love: :love: Definitely one I would love to have myself!!!!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Stunner! :appl: :love: Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The color on your sapphire is amazing! Love the entire ring. :appl: :appl: :appl:

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade

That sapphire is absolutely delicious. Enjoy it!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

arkieb1|1404469485|3706620 said:
Congrats I think it is perfectly proportioned on you and it looks both beautiful and elegant. I also love sapphires!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Thank you for the kind words!! I love sapphires too, but Charlie and Lola would be very welcome on my fingers, let me tell you! You're collection is spectacular.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

mochiko42|1404470133|3706626 said:
Beautiful blue color, love it!
Thank you, Mochiko! When you posted your sapphire engagement ring this fall it totally spurred me on to find my dream stone. So thanks for the nudge.

lknvrb4 said:
You have my dream ring, I want the exact same ring but with a Montana sapphire. I am so glad to see this setting with a sapphire and diamonds for perspective, it is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Lmnvrb4 - oh a Montana three stone would be glorious! Please do it so I can drool forever!

misskittycat said:
Goodness! This is just GORGEOUS! I have a real thing for three stones at the moment and I really love the butterfly setting. So stunning!

Misskittycat - I too LOVE a good three stone. (Of course I also love good solitaire, a good halo, a good eternity...) But especially with size 7.5 fingers I love the coverage from a three stone. I'm a very active mom so I didn't want pave that I would worry about for my everyday ring. So a three stone fit the bill. And I've been seriously obsessed with Yssie's three and five stone rings since she originally posted each of them so it was a super easy choice to go with this kind of a trellis setting. Thank you for the kind words!

missy said:
OMG Rosebloom, I love your new beautiful blue ring! :love: :love: :love:
It is perfect and I am so happy for you because you are such a sweetheart and you have a dream ring to match your sweet and beautiful personality and your wonderful marriage! :appl:

Missy - oh sweet Missy, thank you for the lovely words! Made me tear up a bit! I am so grateful to PS for the incredible education I have received here but also for introducing me to a community of people who share my passion. You are one of my favorite posters to read so thank you for being a big part of what I love about PS. And for goodness sakes, I hope you start healing and fast.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1404473010|3706649 said:
Wow I love it!!! Its both simple yet blingy. The color just pops from across the room!

Niel - thank you!! This is actually my first time to have MRB on my hands where I can really observe them. My original three stone has princess cut sides and my five stone is cushions. I'm amazed and enchanted by their performance. I've thought of your perfect, perfect ring several times this week, wondering how you possibly get anything done with five of these puppies sparkling away all day?! It must be insane in person.

kalomeli said:
Oh My God! I love that color, design and... and...! :love: :love: Stunning!

Thank you so much!!!! That's pretty much exactly how I feel too! It's so nice to be completely in love with a piece. I had a rushed photoshoot on a pretty gray day so I'm going to have to post more pictures when I can show off her electric blue side. :lickout:

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments! I honestly feel like royalty! My parents and in laws all just arrived for the long weekend so I'll have to continue my replies this evening.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results