shape
carat
color
clarity

2.41 J SI1 ACA from Whiteflash. Upgrade round 2

Novicenovice

Rough_Rock
I got my upgrade today!!
thank you so much to all those who have patiently helped me. I LOVE the finger coverage, (second upgrade bc the previous didn’t do it for me size wise) I see the warm color but I’m mentally okay with it for now. The size increase is worth it.

if it weren’t for you all I wouldn’t have been able to go to Whiteflash and their help has been incredible.

here’s my new diamond with my previous setting. They remade the head. It was supposed to be six prongs but they made it into four. They did however let me know if I really didn’t like it I could send it back and have it made with six prongs without an issue (I didn’t want to delay shipping any further and was okay with them shipping it out with 4). Do you guys think I should go with 6? My concern is security and looking larger is always a bonus. I always wanted the 6 prong for a change so I was looking forward to it, just can’t bear being away from the ring now :lol:The claws are gorgeous.
It faces up very bright, sparkles a lot, feels big, overall I’m ecstatic. Thank you all so much. @sledge @KKJohnson and many others I haven’t mentioned.

Please excuse the manicure:P2

h CBEEF716-36C0-4FE6-A23E-089E2D4B58DF.jpeg EE5182C3-4A47-4DE7-97C4-463A214750E9.jpeg 9A13A5D7-E08C-4C3C-B213-A4DFAD0CB501.jpeg

C5C28595-DB4B-457D-BFD8-957AEDB00B55.jpeg

Attachments

• 52BCD880-3F27-4737-8CF5-2C40F917B949.jpeg
    52BCD880-3F27-4737-8CF5-2C40F917B949.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new stone, and finding the one that makes you happy. It looks gorgeous and I am very happy for you.

In regards to the prongs, I would want the 6 prongs. Not only is it more secure, but IMO it also helps pronounce the round shape. Sometimes 4 prongs can give it a more squarish look.

Also, with my wife's ring -- she was on a trip in Boston and bent a prong. Had it not had 6 there is no doubt she would have lost the stone. We were both strong believers of 6 prongs after that.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and great finger coverage. I had a 4 prong setting with a diamond about your size for 3 years with no issue. Most people on here advise 6 prong settings because of what sledge already said. I think if you like the 4 prongs, keep it for a while. When you get your next upgrade, go for the 6 prong setting! Also, it would be a good idea to have insurance on your ring, especially if you keep the 4 prong setting.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful ACA! It looks great on your hand!!:love::love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's glorious! Congratulations!

Another echo to what @sledge said about 6 claws. More secure & a more rounded aesthetic.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Congratulations.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
Most people here like 6 prongs and if I had as big a stone as you're I'd probably go ahead and do it, but I really hate the look of the top and bottom prong at 12 and 6 on a 6 prong, so I'd probably turn slightly to have them at positions 11/1, 3/9, and 5/7. Otherwise I find them very distracting versus 4 prongs where my brain edits them out more easily. Mine have been delicate enough that it doesn't seem to make my stone look square. But of course go with what you like best!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE IT! It looks huge and so glad the color isn't an issue

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you - congrats on the upgrade!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous. Congratulations,

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous on you! It's a beautiful 4 prong setting but if you want 6 you should get 6.

Congrats on your new stone!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ho
Congrats on your new stone, and finding the one that makes you happy. It looks gorgeous and I am very happy for you.

In regards to the prongs, I would want the 6 prongs. Not only is it more secure, but IMO it also helps pronounce the round shape. Sometimes 4 prongs can give it a more squarish look.

Also, with my wife's ring -- she was on a trip in Boston and bent a prong. Had it not had 6 there is no doubt she would have lost the stone. We were both strong believers of 6 prongs after that.
How did it bend? @sledge

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ho
How did it bend? @sledge

According to my wife, a team of evil ghost elves sneak into her hotel room and tried to pry the stone loose. Luckily, she turned over in her sleep, startled them and scared them away before they could complete their mission. The next morning she shrieked in disbelief at the tragedy of the whole event.

My version is that I think as she was shuffling her luggage around (girls trip, so I wasn't there to play bellhop) she accidentally snagged it, and didn't notice until the following morning.

To this day, she swears it wasn't her fault. She remembers no impact, etc that would have caused it.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Looks amazing on you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your upgrade, it's beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new diamond! It looks great on your hand! I think it looks fine with 4 prongs and the diamond certainly looks round! So I don't buy into 4 prongs taking away from the roundness unless someone has really huge prongs! I wore 4 prongs for years. Once 1 prong did come loose and I didn't realize it when it happened. The other three prongs held the stone in just fine until I saw it and took it off. The girdle is seated in each prong, so it's not like the stone is totally loose. But regardless, I'd insure a diamond ring of this value if worn daily as an e-ring no matter how many prongs there are.

I have a 6 prong now and will likely stick with 6 in a solitaire. So I'd just go with whichever you think you'd like more!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually really the 4 prongs, they are beautifully done and don't make the stone look square at all. I had the same thought as diamondseeker2006 - IMO you get that squared off look when the prongs are bulky/big.

It's a gorgeous diamond and ring! Congrats and enjoy it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results