shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.3 ctw diamond studs...almost here!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1424701251|3836875 said:
LLJsmom|1424688953|3836816 said:
diamondseeker2006|1424642329|3836592 said:
Hi! Quick question if you see this! How are you liking the 6 prong martini settings? I am considering upgrading to diamonds close in size to yours, and I am undecided on the settings. I like my low set baskets, but am open to the 6 prong martinis or crowns. I just know my current ones have a good base which make them sit flat on my ears. Do yours tend to droop at all or do they sit straight?

Hi DS, my settings do tend to droop a little bit b/c the flat base is not as large as the one you have now. If I culd do it again I might choose a setting with a base that has more surface area. If I push the back in more tightly the drooping doesn't really happen. But I'm a little lazy and I rarely ever take them off or adjust them. I also don't know how tightly over people wear their studs. Hmmmm....

Okay, this is extremely good to know. I don't want the back to have to be doing the work to keep the earrings upright (along with having the backs super tight). The martini is a beautiful design but it needs to be redesigned to have the base wider. I went through that with the BG Barbara pendant, and they did not understand what I was asking and did not make that back wide enough, either. Missy has a good idea to solve your problem, and I have heard some people use jumbo backs or just a plastic disc between the regular back and the ear. But I think I may just get my low set special order baskets again unless they are too expensive now (they were almost as much as the martini's last time), and then I will consider either modifying the martini or having Donna's 6 prong crown setting made which has the wide, flat base.

Thanks so much!!!

LOVE Donna's six prong crown. If I had to do it over, that is what I would choose. But when I asked for it, they said it was a custom piece and about $200-$400 more than the ones I chose. I can see now that it probably would have worked better and more than worth the additional cost. Can't wait to see your new babies DS!!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I use the plastic backs for my studs and I find they work well, very secure and supportive, like a good bra,
but I do have to ask....

What is "Donna's 6 prong crown" ???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo~Shiney!|1424784018|3837403 said:
I use the plastic backs for my studs and I find they work well, very secure and supportive, like a good bra,
but I do have to ask....

What is "Donna's 6 prong crown" ???

They are gorgeous but custom and a good bit more than the 6 prong martini's.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-15ctw-studs-in-custom-whiteflash-6-prong-crown-settings.186405/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-15ctw-studs-in-custom-whiteflash-6-prong-crown-settings.186405/[/URL]

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
OH. MY. GOODNESS !!!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! I missed these the first time around.. They look huge and I love love love the setting.
:appl: :appl: S T U N N I N G! :appl: :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are amazing :appl: They look luxurious on you, I'd nit take them off either!!!

Happy for you, LLJs! You deserve them !

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1488134455|4133962 said:
Wow!! I missed these the first time around.. They look huge and I love love love the setting.
:appl: :appl: S T U N N I N G! :appl: :appl:

Thank you Rubies. :wavey: I am really happy with the setting.

azstonie said:
They are amazing :appl: They look luxurious on you, I'd nit take them off either!!!

Happy for you, LLJs! You deserve them !

Thank you azstonie. I still wear them everyday :dance: and they are the only complete set of platinum earrings I own. They were worth the investment and I don't really have a desire to go bigger. DSS has not set in with these. And it's been two years. I amaze myself. :D

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous earrings! What cut did you end up going with for the new diamond stud? Can you notice a big difference in terms of light return, scintillation, and fire?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings! What cut did you end up going with for the new diamond stud? Can you notice a big difference in terms of light return, scintillation, and fire?

WF expert selection. Most importantly I wanted it to match in color and diameter to my existing ering. It takes a while to distinguish between the two if looking at them head on but it’s possible. Expert selection is good enough. And still better than my old ering.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh! These are gorgeous and size is perfect on you. Going on my own long wish list haha!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results