shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.3 ctw diamond studs...almost here!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!! I would never want to take them off either!! Such a perfect size.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful and such a statement on your ears!!!!! :love:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great size on you! These look amazing and in this thread you sound so much more excited about these than the smaller ones :cheeky:.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Huge and gorgeous on your ears :appl:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you decided to go with those. They look great! Those will be great forever studs! Can we see some pictures of the settings? I really like the 6 prongs!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! They look amazing and enormous!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
They are fabulous!!! I loved the other pair on you as well, but this is total gorgeousness. I am so glad you followed your gut feeling.

Great choice
Great taste
Totally fabulous studs :love:

I already know I am going to stalk this thread.

Thank you Acinom for sharing in my excitement. You are so sweet. I will try to take better pics so I don't disappoint you. :)

Dancing Fire said:
Looking good LLJ!!... :love: :appl: Those are big suckers! :lol:

Thanks Dancing Fire. I guess I really am a size whore... ;-)

MissGotRocks said:
They do look very white and very big! Glad you found a solution that worked out for you - enjoy them!

You should do another SMTB thread for them - never too many pictures! :love:

MGR, thank you for all your thoughtful comments and advice along the way. Even though I ended up going bigger, I had to get the smaller pair first to know I made the right decision. (((Hugs))) to you my diamond mentor.

bright ice said:
Oh My :love: They look fabulous on you, so beautifully white and sparkly. You made a great decision!

Thank you bright ice. Such a compliment coming from you. Your bling is amazing. Waiting anxiously to see what is coming up next... :appl:

lknvrb4 said:
Those are stunning, I love that size. Perfection!!!!! :love:

Thanks for cheering me on lknvbr4!!

RosieR said:
Wowzer!
Those are perfect!
Excellent size, so well proportioned on the ear :appl:
Enjoy :)
Thank you RosieR. I'm just glad my ears aren't any bigger. ;-)

mrs-blop said:
THERE WE GO!

Ahhhhhhh! Perfect! You can really see the size difference from the earlier pair, and these fill your ear lobe beautifully.

Good gut instinct, LLJsmom!

Mrs-blop, you know I can't take the credit for going bigger. ;-). You told me at the beginning and you are way to nice to say, "I told you so..." But if you did I would have to say you were right all along. ;-). It just took me longer to figure it out. (((Hug))). Thank you for believing in me. :lol:

Mayk said:
Stunning! Thank you for all the pictures!!! They are fabulous... I would love to upgrade someday to 2 cttw studs!!! :love:
Thanks Mayk. Maybe the studs will help me channel your spring if eternal youth and beauty. Honestly I would trade these in for your perfect complexion. Did I just say that?!?! ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay said:
Beautiful! :love: I always thought a carat in each ear was way too big, but they look lovely and a perfect size. Glad to see you
finally got what you wanted and are happy. :wavey:
Monnyjay, thank you for being happy for me. See, that's why I don't get that other thread about PSers getting comped for helping people. In the end I do really think everyone here just wants each other to be happy with their purchases, whatever they may be. Thank you for stopping by to share in my bling joy.

junebug17 said:
Oh wow LLJsmom, they look fantastic!!! :love: You found the perfect solution, I love how they look on you! Happy for you! :appl:
Junebug, you're the sweetest. Thanks for being happy for me. I'm gonna cry... :D

arkieb1 said:
:appl: They look, huge, decadent

Hi Arkieb1! Thank you!! And thanks for being my midnight responder. ;-). When I was kinda losing my mind and thinking in those crazy late hours my dear friend (cause that's how I see you now) from down under talked me down. Time zone differences are sometimes a plus! :)

pandabee said:
Beautiful!!!!! I would never want to take them off either!! Such a perfect size.
Thank you pandabee! I actually think I will need to take them off for some decent pictures. :lol: but only for as long as it takes to shoot some good pics.

tsavoritestar said:
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thanks tsavoritestar. You question about the melee stones came at a perfect time. I needed distraction from waiting on these babies. Hope to see what you're planning next soon!

redwood66 said:
Those are beautiful and such a statement on your ears!!!!! :love:
Thank you redwood66. Yes, to me they do make a statement. That was what I was looking for all along, and finally admitted that to myself. Diamonds on the road to self-discovery. ;-).

baby monster said:
Great size on you! These look amazing and in this thread you sound so much more excited about these than the smaller ones :cheeky:.
Baby monster, you were another one who could see into the crystal ball. :lol: yes, you are right. I do see now how I am so much more excited about this pair than the first. Thanks for being happy for me, even it did that THIS long. :)

thecat said:
Huge and gorgeous on your ears :appl:
Thanks thecat for dropping by and sharing in my bling joy. :)

jill_s said:
So glad you decided to go with those. They look great! Those will be great forever studs! Can we see some pictures of the settings? I really like the 6 prongs!
Hi Jill, nice to hear from you! :). Thank you, the plan is forever, or at least until I win the lotto. ;-). I will take some pics with the SLR tonight. Hope I can get some decent shots. But yes the six prong is perfect for me, just between 4 and 8.

Logan Sapphire said:
Congratulations! They look amazing and enormous!
Thank you Logan Sapphire. Thanks for the happy thoughts!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1400218955|3673954 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for being excited for me. I picked them up today, and...

I. LOVE. MY. STUDS.

I love everything about them. They are so white and sparkly and just perfect. I feel so perfectly and permanently blinged out. They are everything that I hoped for. Big, sparkly and white. I am glad I have not bought a single pair of earrings since I got my ears pierced last November. Because it would have been pointless. I am NEVER taking these off except for their nightly cleanings.

The settings are delicate and PERFECT. The delivery was seemless. The Whiteflash team is unbelievable. Thank you to Liza for finding me this perfect match. I could not tell them apart in the car. I had to loupe it when I got home, to find the inscription.

And THAT right there is how you're supposed to feel about new sparklies, and I'm so happy that your new studs make you feel that way!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

To my eyes they're much larger than the pair you returned, it's obvious even in the pics. I love the way they look on you - they are bold and glorious :love:

The six prongs show them off beautifully! And another advantage - 6prong settings are easier to clean! I went with 8 because my stones aren't perfectly round and the extra prongs help define the "round" outline better, but you obviously didn't have that problem ::) and I must say that I just LOVE that you can't immediately tell the old and the new apart - it's like your original engagement stone was destined to be mated with the new WF :halo:

Congrats!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
So glad that your road took you to the ones you love. Trying the what-ifs of the first stone at the jeweler, then to the first pair of WF I-colored studs, and on to matching your engagement stone with this G -- You won't have to wonder what-if, having been down that road. It does sound like destiny as Yssie posted above. Now, you get to wear your original engagement diamond all the time and have these two beautiful heirloom stones. Congratulations and enjoy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1400275508|3674433 said:
LLJsmom|1400218955|3673954 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for being excited for me. I picked them up today, and...

I. LOVE. MY. STUDS.

I love everything about them. They are so white and sparkly and just perfect. I feel so perfectly and permanently blinged out. They are everything that I hoped for. Big, sparkly and white. I am glad I have not bought a single pair of earrings since I got my ears pierced last November. Because it would have been pointless. I am NEVER taking these off except for their nightly cleanings.

The settings are delicate and PERFECT. The delivery was seemless. The Whiteflash team is unbelievable. Thank you to Liza for finding me this perfect match. I could not tell them apart in the car. I had to loupe it when I got home, to find the inscription.

And THAT right there is how you're supposed to feel about new sparklies, and I'm so happy that your new studs make you feel that way!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

To my eyes they're much larger than the pair you returned, it's obvious even in the pics. I love the way they look on you - they are bold and glorious :love:

The six prongs show them off beautifully! And another advantage - 6prong settings are easier to clean! I went with 8 because my stones aren't perfectly round and the extra prongs help define the "round" outline better, but you obviously didn't have that problem ::) and I must say that I just LOVE that you can't immediately tell the old and the new apart - it's like your original engagement stone was destined to be mated with the new WF :halo:

Congrats!

Thank you Yssie. And for reaffirming that you can and should love a piece that much. I was starting to worry that I would never feel that way about a piece. What was wrong with me?!?! But, yay!! I love it. I do love your 8 prong. It totally accentuates it's roundness. I could not at all tell yours is not completely round. Btw, did you know that your 8-prongs are a custom piece? You're like a WF designer. ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweet_blossom|1400276302|3674447 said:
So glad that your road took you to the ones you love. Trying the what-ifs of the first stone at the jeweler, then to the first pair of WF I-colored studs, and on to matching your engagement stone with this G -- You won't have to wonder what-if, having been down that road. It does sound like destiny as Yssie posted above. Now, you get to wear your original engagement diamond all the time and have these two beautiful heirloom stones. Congratulations and enjoy!

Sweet blossom, I was just thinking about that actually. It felt like such a long road to figure out what as out there, to figure what my priorities were, to try just to find out it a wasn't what I wanted and conversely find out what I did. To have the courage to send off my stone to people I did NOT know and just to trust the recommendations, experience and advice of strangers I met on a public forum. Thank you so much for being one of those people who took time out to share and advise, support and encourage. I know they're just studs and just "jewelry" but it really has meant a lot more than that for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look fantastic!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: How I love that size! I think they are perfect! You make me want to upgrade now!!!

So glad you went with the diamond you finally ended up with! I was never really opposed to using the original diamond in a pair of studs as I was matching a lower quality diamond with it. I think what you chose was perfect! The .80's clearly weren't a forever size, but at first I thought you had qualms about not using the F in a pendant or ring since it has sentimental value. But this is definitely the most cost effective route and still have two very high quality diamonds!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Well...those are FABULOUS :appl: Sparkly & huge, they look stunning on you :love: So happy for you!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1400283549|3674517 said:
Wow, they look fantastic!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: How I love that size! I think they are perfect! You make me want to upgrade now!!!

So glad you went with the diamond you finally ended up with! I was never really opposed to using the original diamond in a pair of studs as I was matching a lower quality diamond with it. I think what you chose was perfect! The .80's clearly weren't a forever size, but at first I thought you had qualms about not using the F in a pendant or ring since it has sentimental value. But this is definitely the most cost effective route and still have two very high quality diamonds!

Hi DS, I totally know you weren't opposed to the larger size. You just didn't want me to regret matching the F with the lower quality E. Which I don't know how you knew that it would bug me in the long run, but you are right. I totally understand and really appreciate your telling me your thoughts. I know you're coming from a place where you don't want me to make newbie mistakes, and you didn't want me to do something I'd regret. So thanks to you, I really thought long and hard. I was at the jeweler's and had pulled out the credit card already (back when I was about to plunk down money on the E), and something held me back. I think it was your advice. I knew something rang very true to me, even if it wasn't the fastest and cheapest route. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here with this beautiful G and this awesome matched set. Thank you...(((hug))) You and MGR, I consider both of you my diamond mentors/diamond loving therapists. :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1400290655|3674607 said:
Well...those are FABULOUS :appl: Sparkly & huge, they look stunning on you :love: So happy for you!!!!

woofmama, THANK YOU!! for being happy for me. :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ...can you tell which one is the F color?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1400299079|3674683 said:
LLJ...can you tell which one is the F color?

In this pic, this is the F.
home_right_2.jpg

This is the G.
home_left_2.png

When I twirl it, I think I can see that the F does not light up the way the G does. I will check it tonight when I take it off and let you know. :)

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{hugs}}} back to you!!! :D

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
:appl: LLJsmom, these are the perfect size & look fabulous on you!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
what an absolutely gorgeous part of studs!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancygems|1400305556|3674716 said:
Thanks Fancygems. I'm super happy with them. :D

Smores84 said:
:appl: LLJsmom, these are the perfect size & look fabulous on you!!
Thanks Smores84. I'll take fabulous. Funny that it took me so long to figure it out... ;-)

ckrickett said:
what an absolutely gorgeous part of studs!
Thank you ckrickett. I love the color and size. :D

Andelain said:
Thanks Andelain. That is lovely coming from the queen of studs herself. :)

I thought about taking some pictures tonight and then...nah, and stuck them back in after the cleaning. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Quick question if you see this! How are you liking the 6 prong martini settings? I am considering upgrading to diamonds close in size to yours, and I am undecided on the settings. I like my low set baskets, but am open to the 6 prong martinis or crowns. I just know my current ones have a good base which make them sit flat on my ears. Do yours tend to droop at all or do they sit straight?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1424642329|3836592 said:
Hi! Quick question if you see this! How are you liking the 6 prong martini settings? I am considering upgrading to diamonds close in size to yours, and I am undecided on the settings. I like my low set baskets, but am open to the 6 prong martinis or crowns. I just know my current ones have a good base which make them sit flat on my ears. Do yours tend to droop at all or do they sit straight?

Hi DS, my settings do tend to droop a little bit b/c the flat base is not as large as the one you have now. If I culd do it again I might choose a setting with a base that has more surface area. If I push the back in more tightly the drooping doesn't really happen. But I'm a little lazy and I rarely ever take them off or adjust them. I also don't know how tightly over people wear their studs. Hmmmm....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this thread?

LLJsmom, your earrings are GORGEOUS. The size is amazing and they look stunning on you. :love:

I find that with bigger disc backs the larger earrings will not droop. I don't know the term for the earring backs I have but they a flat disc that attaches to the earring and keeps it from drooping. It works like a charm. I have it in 18K white gold but you can get something similar from amazon which are very inexpensive hypoallergenic backs to see if it would help the drooping issue before you spend money on platinum or white gold. Would something like this help your problem?

http://www.amazon.com/Beadaholique-65SDW-50-PieceHypoAllergenicBulletClutchEarringBackswithPad-SilverTone/dp/B00AFRWILM/ref=zg_bs_3097795011_6

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1424688953|3836816 said:
diamondseeker2006|1424642329|3836592 said:

Hi DS, my settings do tend to droop a little bit b/c the flat base is not as large as the one you have now. If I culd do it again I might choose a setting with a base that has more surface area. If I push the back in more tightly the drooping doesn't really happen. But I'm a little lazy and I rarely ever take them off or adjust them. I also don't know how tightly over people wear their studs. Hmmmm....

Okay, this is extremely good to know. I don't want the back to have to be doing the work to keep the earrings upright (along with having the backs super tight). The martini is a beautiful design but it needs to be redesigned to have the base wider. I went through that with the BG Barbara pendant, and they did not understand what I was asking and did not make that back wide enough, either. Missy has a good idea to solve your problem, and I have heard some people use jumbo backs or just a plastic disc between the regular back and the ear. But I think I may just get my low set special order baskets again unless they are too expensive now (they were almost as much as the martini's last time), and then I will consider either modifying the martini or having Donna's 6 prong crown setting made which has the wide, flat base.

Thanks so much!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1424689538|3836821 said:
How did I miss this thread?

LLJsmom, your earrings are GORGEOUS. The size is amazing and they look stunning on you. :love:

I find that with bigger disc backs the larger earrings will not droop. I don't know the term for the earring backs I have but they a flat disc that attaches to the earring and keeps it from drooping. It works like a charm. I have it in 18K white gold but you can get something similar from amazon which are very inexpensive hypoallergenic backs to see if it would help the drooping issue before you spend money on platinum or white gold. Would something like this help your problem?

http://www.amazon.com/Beadaholique-65SDW-50-PieceHypoAllergenicBulletClutchEarringBackswithPad-SilverTone/dp/B00AFRWILM/ref=zg_bs_3097795011_6

Missy, I am going to do that as soon as I get through busy season. Great idea!! Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results