clarity

#TBT 2.26 cushion (old mine brilliant)/Leon Mege Solitaire

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
... a little blurry again

IMG_0132asdsa.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Jeff, it is utterly STUNNING. My favorite setting for a cushion EVER...
18.gif

She is going to love it. You (and Leon!) did a wonderful job!!!!

Congrats and good luck with the proposal!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ps- if you dont mind me asking, what was the ballpark cost of the setting? I am considering something like this for my EC, and I am thinking I may go through Leon....thanks so much!!!!

pss-What kind of w-band do you think you guys might go with? Ok, done with all the questions now!!
2.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
simply stunning!!! congrats!!! how are you going to propose?

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 12:25:43 PM
Author: neatfreak
Jeff, That doesn''t look like the same setting I thought you were getting. Did you change your mind?

Regardless, it''s gorgeous!

Hey Neatfreak...

It actually is the same setting... the setting in the catalog actually is cathedral, it is just very hard to see from the angle the photo is taken... so hard to see that I did not see it until I received the photo of the finished ring from Leon! The cathedral on my setting is fairly faint and delicate, so I actually am happy about the mistake... I think the lines of the setting would be off without it.

The other reason it looks different is that my stone is much smaller than the iceberg in the original Leon... when the stone shrinks, the setting is going to look different (i.e., slightly thicker). I also added double prongs.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Utterly spectacular.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 12:30:12 PM
Author: boston_jeff
Date: 5/17/2007 12:25:43 PM

Author: neatfreak

Jeff, That doesn''t look like the same setting I thought you were getting. Did you change your mind?

Regardless, it''s gorgeous!

Hey Neatfreak...

It actually is the same setting... the setting in the catalog actually is cathedral, it is just very hard to see from the angle the photo is taken... so hard to see that I did not see it until I received the photo of the finished ring from Leon! The cathedral on my setting is fairly faint and delicate, so I actually am happy about the mistake... I think the lines of the setting would be off without it.

The other reason it looks different is that my stone is much smaller than the iceberg in the original Leon... when the stone shrinks, the setting is going to look different (i.e., slightly thicker). I also added double prongs.

Makes sense! Well regardless, that ring is freaking GORGEOUS!!! Good luck getting her to tear her eyes away from it long enough to say yes!
2.gif

Best of luck with the weekend and the proposal!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, GORGEOUS!! Even indoors, the stone is amazing. Please post handshots when you return!

Just curious, how wide is the setting?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Jeff: That ring is absolute perfection!!!!!!! I literally said "Oh My God" out loud and had to just stop and admire Leon''s work. It''s GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
... last one for now... again, I can''t wait to show you guys pictures of the stone under diffused light...

IMG_0144asdsad.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That STONE! Be. Still. My. Heart.
30.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 12:26:10 PM
Author: Dani

ps- if you dont mind me asking, what was the ballpark cost of the setting? I am considering something like this for my EC, and I am thinking I may go through Leon....thanks so much!!!!

~$1500

Haven''t thought too much about that yet... either a plain thin matching platinum band or a delicate single-sided pave eternity (probably would have to go back to Leon for that, so it might have to wait a while for the bank account to recover)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A magnificent stone in a perfect setting!
30.gif
That''s what I like about Leon Mege''s work - he does outstanding simple setting and elaborate settings.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Ahhhh (heavy sigh) .... the perfect ring!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
One more...
37.gif
... reducing the quality of these pics really washes out some of the color...

IMG_0086-2.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL! That is one gorgeous stone...I love the size, too...

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your kind comments!

Hopefully this thread gets a bump for all the after-work PSers... I don't want to be accused of not coming through with pictures!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elegant and stunning. Congrats!
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your response, Jeff!!

Gosh, this ring is really spectacular....

A couple of other questions.....how wide is he actual band, and, will the ring sit flush with the w-band? Thanks again, I really do adore this setting, I may have found what I am looking for thanks to you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
BJ! Thank you for the photos! That was definitely worth more than the wait!!! Wow... what a great way to start a morning for me!!!
2.gif
The ring turned out even better than I imagined. LEON really makes master pieces, doesn''t he?!? Oh, I love the prongs so much on that ring!!!
30.gif
And of course the stone... wow.... I am really drooling all over the ring! Good luck this weekend! I cannot wait to see the hand shots! The ring is just absolutely perfect!!!
36.gif
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Jeff, gorgeous! This is what Leon settings are all about, IMO. Just set off the stone to its best advantage with no distractions. She''s going to flip. I know I would!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I am so jealous I can''t even find anything to say LOL its perfect and you know I love it and I even feel a little proud of you LOL Knock ''em dead, tiger :)

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 1:07:53 PM

A couple of other questions.....how wide is he actual band, and, will the ring sit flush with the w-band? Thanks again, I really do adore this setting, I may have found what I am looking for thanks to you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I''m honestly not sure on either of your questions, so for now I will guess:

1) width: 1.8-2mm
2) I think I w-band could be made to sit flush with the ering. I am even more confident that if you worked with Leon and told him you would like that upfront he would try to work with you to make that happen, if it required minor tweaking of the design. But he''s the best person to ask about that.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 1:12:46 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Okay I am so jealous I can''t even find anything to say LOL its perfect and you know I love it and I even feel a little proud of you LOL Knock ''em dead, tiger :)

2.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 1:11:34 PM
Author: surfgirl
Jeff, gorgeous! This is what Leon settings are all about, IMO. Just set off the stone to its best advantage with no distractions. She''s going to flip. I know I would!

Thanks, surfgirl! Wear your beautiful ring in happiness!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 12:28:01 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
simply stunning!!! congrats!!! how are you going to propose?

Not sure quite yet-- I''ll let you know after I get back...!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Belle, SuzyQZ, oshinbrez, canuk-gal, Dee*Jay, doobao, catmom & dogmom, Kim N, onedrop, FireGoddess, Madam Bijoux, yellowsparkles, claudinam, Harriet, and Kohdy! Whew!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 1:14:11 PM
Author: boston_jeff

Date: 5/17/2007 1:07:53 PM

36.gif
36.gif

I'm honestly not sure on either of your questions, so for now I will guess:

1) width: 1.8-2mm
2) I think I w-band could be made to sit flush with the ering. I am even more confident that if you worked with Leon and told him you would like that upfront he would try to work with you to make that happen, if it required minor tweaking of the design. But he's the best person to ask about that.

Thanks so much Jeff....Again, your gf is going to LOVE this ring!!!!

Like I said, I just adore your setting, I should really talk to Leon though I know. I have an EC, and I really want my rings to sit flush (or almost flush). My current setting is a solitaire as well, but the basket is so low there is no way a w-band will sit remotely flush and it bothers me. The shank on my ring now is more rounded, and I really like yours better because it is more of a flat, tapered band with the cathedral which I believe is what I want. Ahh...choices, choices! I think I will just give Leon a call and see what he thinks. I am just nervous to call him- dont know why- does he work with "smaller" stones? Mine is 1.75.
2.gif

Thanks again!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ummm. WOW. that is breathtaking!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I am dying. That is so much more beautiful than I imagined!!!! I really looooooove that settting. It marries the best parts of the Tiffany fancy solitaire and the HW solitaire, but, made by LM the master. It is true perfection!!! Any thoughts on a wedding band??? Or are you not thinking that far yet?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that is gorgeous!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results