shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.22ct Colombian emerald & diamond ring (art deco inspired)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, my beautiful Colombian emerald and diamond ring from Yvonne Raley is on my finger! :dance: :love:

This ring was a long and intensive project for me. It took almost exactly 6 months after choosing the center stone to receiving the finished ring on my finger. This has been the longest and most intense experience I have had in ordering a custom piece of jewelry. At times, it was frustrating, and there have been perhaps unnecessary delays, disappointments and miscommunication and additional costs, but through it all, I commend Yvonne's integrity and commitment to working through the issues and making it right in the end for her customers. She is also a very kind, forthright, and friendly individual with great sense of humor and always replies to questions quickly even though it's obvious she's short-staffed, so I don't regret the experience even though it took much longer and was a lot more intense than I had anticipated at the start. I do hope her company flourishes and she resolves some of the 'growing pains' she's experiencing with the sudden explosion in popularity of her custom design business.

I don't have the time or mental energy at the moment to provide a comprehensive review, but I will say that I am so happy to finally have this gorgeous ring on my finger in time for the holiday season.

The photos make the emerald look lighter toned and more blue than it really is. In real life, the emerald is a beautiful glowy rich green - not trade ideal dark deep green but my favorite medium green with a tiny hint of blue. It is very difficult to photograph!!

Here is the loose emerald in the vendor photo. Yvonne described it to me as having no windowing (after receiving the ring, I discovered it does have a window, which does close up when worn). Yvonne described it as 2.22ct, 10x6mm, minimal oil. AGL report (it was graded after it was set..there is a story behind why it wasn't graded as a loose stone but I won't go into it) came back as 10.57x5.95x4.53, origin is Colombian, and with insignificant enhancement. So pretty much AGL's findings verified Yvonne's description of the stone.
looseemerald.jpg

The details of the setting are:
- 14k white gold
- size 7
- Two 4x2mm and one 5x2mm G SI diamonds on each side of the center stone.

20161123_120339.jpg 20161123_120240.jpg 20161123_120118.jpg 20161123_120117.jpg 20160919_170615.jpg 20160919_165718.jpg

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
Re: 2.22ct Colombian emerald & diamond ring (art deco inspir

Love it! Show it off with pride - that is a beauty!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's such a beauty Mochiko :love: :love:
I hope you will forget the long winding process and just enjoy wearing the stunning ring.
So glad the ring is finally on your finger. Looking forward to admire more pics.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1479885214|4101753 said:
I hope you will forget the long winding process and just enjoy wearing the stunning ring.
So glad the ring is finally on your finger. Looking forward to admire more pics.

Dear Acinom, I completely forgot to add my thanks to you, dk168, arkieb and Niel! I couldn't have got through it and ended up with such a beautiful center stone and ring without your ongoing support and advice throughout this entire process. :appl: :love:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's absolutely beautiful, I love the proportions and colour.
You are going to have a wonderful time wearing it. Congratulations on creating such a fabulous ring.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is beautiful - the color of that emerald is gorgeous!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love emeralds especially in Art Deco style rings. Yours is gorgeous!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As already mentioned, I love this ring, glad that you can finally wear it after months of waiting, thanks for sharing.

DK :love: :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko, I love that stone and ring. It is just fabulous!! :love: :love: :love:

It makes such a bold statement, and it's so powerful. I love all those sharp angles. It just works. Congratulations on seeing a long project to it's successful completion. When you have had some time, and recovered your mental and emotional energy, I would love to know the details, ups and downs, of your project.

Congratulations again!!

retroglam

Rough_Rock

LOVE this stone and setting! Congratulations!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1479885859|4101757 said:
Acinom|1479885214|4101753 said:

Dear Acinom, I completely forgot to add my thanks to you, dk168, arkieb and Niel! I couldn't have got through it and ended up with such a beautiful center stone and ring without your ongoing support and advice throughout this entire process. :appl: :love:

well you know im happy to help anyone get a beautiful piece of jewelry and this is a stunner. it makes your fingers look fab, very flattering. And, of course, a stunning emerald!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yummy. Glad you got it in time to wear for the holidays!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is a true classic beauty. Absolutely gorgeous and well worth the wait. I hope you love wearing it for many years to come!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning and drooool worthy for sure! Love the art deco flare! :love: :lickout:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh, I love this! I have such a soft spot for anything Deco, and this emerald is just stunning :love:

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock

Wow! Worth the wait, I think :clap:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Your stone looks amazing in that setting! :love: :love: :love: It's stunning! It turned out beautifully! Congrats! :clap:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is stunning. So glad it was worth the wait. :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Saw this in colored stones and had to check out your thread. Gorgeous ring and glad it made it to you in time for the holidays. Enjoy wearing this beauty!!!

E-W-johnson

Rough_Rock

Love it. Very classic.

naivemelody

Rough_Rock

Utterly gorgeous! The proportions between the steps are so pleasing. I think your effort to get this setting really paid off!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock

Very beautiful stone.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the kind words pinkgem2522, dk168, Niel, naivemelody, E-W-Johnson, Rockinruby, Alex T, lovesvintage, derbygal, Magpie, ac117, luv2sparkle, part gypsy, LLJsmom, retroglam, kathley, MissGotRocks, Hounddog, totallyfree. =)

LLJsmom, I don't know if I will post a full review so publicly on PS, it might not be fair to the vendor. It would also be very long, like a mini novel! :lol: Also I think in the end Yvonne and her bench pulled through and made a beautiful ring, and I do not question her customer service and attitude when things go wrong (as happens occasionally with any vendor). In my view, it's how a vendor acts when there is a problem or mistake that tells me a lot about their integrity and customer service, and Yvonne is great in that regard - super responsive, positive attitude and immediately working to resolve the issue at hand. If you would like to have more information please feel free to contact me off line via LT. :wavey:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Back with a few more photos~ the emerald is still coming out more blue and less green than it is in real life. It also glows a bit more in person too but I can't seem to capture that in the photo.

Shaded natural light.
You can see the small window in the first photo but it does mostly close up once on the finger and I don't find it distracting when I wear the ring.
macroemerald.jpg
profileemerald.jpg

In sunlight
sunemerald.jpg emeraldsun.jpg
directsunemerald.jpg

With the Colombian emerald pendant I bought from Yvonne last year. The emerald in the pendant is a more straight-up grassy green whereas the emerald in the ring is less silky and has a hint of blue (but not as blue as in the photo).
twoemerald1.jpg emerald_cat.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Stunning ring! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko! WOW! I LOVE your ring and pendant! :love: :love: :love: Stunning and just amazing. :appl:

Love your sweet kitty too! Hahaha they do enjoy getting into the action don't they? :cheeky: :love:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is absolutely beautiful :love: :love:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a stunning, lovely ring. It's gorgeous on your hand, mochiko42.
I do have to say that the only way a review of a vendor posted here to not be fair, is to knowingly exclude relevant information. It's been said many times that Pricescope all about honest reviews/experiences good and bad. For public viewing.
If you are happy with the outcome, you are glowing with the service, and felt the vendor bent over backward to correct issues, what could be so unfair that you could write here?
I say this with sincerity- I'm sure that I'm not the only one that could have benefited from reading an honest review of a vendor before their first online custom project.
I'm really glad you love the ring. The stone is very nice and the setting you chose really showcases it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am completely floored! Your emerald ring is drop dead gorgeous!!! :love:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

Love the color, love the proportions of the stone and love the size. Beautiful design.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results